shoes for kids?

sigmasal

Mouseketeer
We leave in 2 days and I'm trying not to overpack but getting worried that I'm underpacked. Each kid has a pair of crocs and a pair of sneakers. Does that seem enough or would you pack one more pair of sneakers? I know I'm packing 3 pair of shoes for myself because I tend to blister. Kids are 8 & 11.

I would just pack what they wear everyday to school. Sneakers are best it's a lot of walking they need to be comfortable.

I try to not over pack either, so my kiddos have always just worn sneakers to the parks, even in the sweltering heat of summer. It's a lot of walking so I want them to be comfortable and supported. I'm not a huge fan of Crocs when it comes to heavy walking. My kids wear them around the hotel room and resort, but that's about it.

How good are the crocs on slippery surfaces? There's a thread here about a boy who slipped in the parks and fractured his skull. My kids always wore shoes with good support and nonslip treads - all terrain type of shoe/sport sandal.

My boys always wear their every day sneakers to the parks. ODS (now 17! - Say what? :confused3) wears his DC skate shoes on trip down, brings his well broken in basketball shoes to walk the parks. He doesn't tie the skate shoes and he said they aren't comfortable for the kind of walking we do. We also pack flip-flops/sandals for water rides/water parks/pool areas. YDS (13) wears one pair of sneakers pretty much the entire time.

We leave in 2 days and I'm trying not to overpack but getting worried that I'm underpacked. Each kid has a pair of crocs and a pair of sneakers. Does that seem enough or would you pack one more pair of sneakers? I know I'm packing 3 pair of shoes for myself because I tend to blister. Kids are 8 & 11.

If you plan to do any swimming, you'll at least want the crocs/flip flops or some other type of water-friendly shoe to wear to the pool.

I pack 2 pair of sneakers for each of us, but we travel in summer and there are always rain showers/storms when we go. That way, there is a dry pair to put on while the others recover. And a tip I read about stuffing your shoes with newspapers really does work to help speed up the drying process.

If you have a girl and she'll be wearing any dresses or capris, you'll probably want to also pack her a pair of sandals.

Hope you have a great time.

I usually pack 2 pairs of sneakers per person in case one set gets wet and doesn't dry out in time. Have fun packing :goodvibes

Pack another pair of sneakers. If they have a spot that is rubbing or do get a blister, it will help to change shoes. We've actually found if you alternate two pairs, it can really help keep from getting sore spots. Also if it rains and their shoes get wet as they walk on the wet ground and in puddles, they may not dry by morning- we've had that happen at WDW too.

2 pairs of sneakers for park days (a primary pair plus a backup pair if the primaries start hurting or get wet in a rainstorm)

1 pair of sandals for pool days.

That's what covers it for my family.

2 pairs of sneakers and 1 pair of Crocs is my plan.

In the summer, it's 2 pairs of Crocs and 1 pair of sneakers.

Just make sure you pack bandaids. Nothing will cut your day short quicker than an unexpected blister.

We went in November, warm but rainy. He wore Crocs all 3 days in parks, no issue. Tennis shoes for the flights.

I have 3 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair of sandals and 1 pair of water shoes. I think I packed this much because I'm really crazy about matching her stuff lol.

How good are the crocs on slippery surfaces?
Not at all. Not at least you want the kiddo to reenact Tom Cruise's famous scene in Risky Business. Crocs' treads wear out very easily and it basically ends up being a threadless, flat bottom that's slippery as all heck. So many kids (and adults) get hurt from those things.

Not at all. Not at least you want the kiddo to reenact Tom Cruise's famous scene in Risky Business. Crocs' treads wear out very easily and it basically ends up being a threadless, flat bottom that's slippery as all heck. So many kids (and adults) get hurt from those things.

Hmmm we've never had issues with crocs on wet surfaces. In fact they are great around pools and water parks (dry super fast). You should buy new ones if you have no thread left. I get my sons used most of the time and only pay 4-10 dollars a pair.

:thumbsup2 My husband has slipped many a time in his crocs! The treads are worn out and he won't get new ones. :confused3

My girls wear what they wear everyday- one loves flip flops, doesn't bother her. I can't stand them! The other one loves her slip on Sperrys. Just bring band aids, that's the one thing I still carry around the parks!

How good are the crocs on slippery surfaces? There's a thread here about a boy who slipped in the parks and fractured his skull. My kids always wore shoes with good support and nonslip treads - all terrain type of shoe/sport sandal.
Crocs have to be replaced when the treads start to wear down or they get really really slippery. I love mine but have to get a new pair every year since as soon as the treads wear down I don't think about it step into my garage and wheeeeeeee!

Now for us with little kids they love to wear their crocs, since my youngest was 2 last trip she decided to throw a croc somewhere and I did have to buy a new pair of super expensive WDW ones (but they were the best ones we ever had). Kids cannot go up to characters without shoes on so it was that or no more rides/characters that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter