Shoe recommendations for happy hot feet

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm a big fan of FitFlops for hot summer days at the parks, but was curious about what other cool, cushioned summer shoes other people like. I find sneakers WAY too hot, so prefer cushy sandals.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

I love Keen sandals. Excellent arch support, breathable, wears well in water.

I got two pairs of kohls version of keen sandals last year. So comfy! I don't know what the footbed is made of, but it's not cloth and not quite rubber. Also, there's an adjustable bungee cord to allow to tighten or loosen width which is great for feet that swell in the heat (like mine). I bought an updated pair this year, and they're very light with an adjustable heel strap which is a nice option! The black pair is exactly what I bought last year, the green/grey is this year's pair. image.jpgimage.jpg

I am a big fan of Yellow Box Flips. Also Reef. Both are very comfortable for all day walking.

I hate sneakers but I have been
Having issues lately. My Keens are my best "air conditioned"
Alternative. They are hiking sandals.

But I recently wore my running shoes (Asics) and running socks. Can't say I enjoyed it, but it wasn't that bad and my feet did well.

I have some foot issues and while I am usually most comfortable touring in my Asics, I find a good alternative to be my Ryka Hula fisherman sneakers. Occasionally I will wear my Merrill flip flops which have a thicker sole.

I adore my Keen Whisper sandals, and have them in 6 colors. They are very comfortable, can get drenched, then dry out quickly, and your feet will be happy!

I adore my Keen Whisper sandals! So very comfortable, and they can get drenched during those afternoon storms, then dry out quickly. We were at Animal Kingdom in May, we walked 14 miles one day (according to my Fitbit), and at the end of the day my feet felt great! Another Keens fan here!!!!:love:

I actually was pretty amazed at how comfortable Keens are. I have fallen arches and have to have really good arch support. I haven't had any issues with either pair of my Keens sandals. These things have been worn everywhere too. Multiple WDW trips, DLR, Universal, 4+ mile hike in Hawaii, hiking in Austin and Santa Fe. I never thought sandals would be comfortable to hike in.

I've never tried the keens but I'm very tempted--do the straps rub blisters? What about sizing-do they run true to size? I usually start my day in tennis shoes and switch to flip flops-teva mush are my faves.

I need help too. I prefer sandals......Keens don't work for me because my toes do not like being covered.
My favorites were Naturalizer BZee Beach, but they were discontinued :(
I can't have anything too tight on the tops of my feet.....that is my main problem. Everything rubs.
And no flip flops......nothing between the toes

I got two pairs of kohls version of keen sandals last year. So comfy! I don't know what the footbed is made of, but it's not cloth and not quite rubber. Also, there's an adjustable bungee cord to allow to tighten or loosen width which is great for feet that swell in the heat (like mine). I bought an updated pair this year, and they're very light with an adjustable heel strap which is a nice option! The black pair is exactly what I bought last year, the green/grey is this year's pair. View attachment 106994View attachment 106995

I bought these today. They were on sale for 23.99 and with my coupons, I ended up paying $9. I bought them because I thought they were cute and something I could wear to work but they may end up in my suitcase for wdw!

I have learned that shoes with a good arch support are a must for me. After trying many brands I have found that Vionic flip flops are the best, and if I could wear them every day I would. I also have a pair of OluKais and a pair of Chacos that are a close second.

rainbow sandals hands down! They are a true flip flop.
the are pricy for sandals but are all leather and have a great arch support.
They last for years too.
Try to break them in before your trip.
I live in mine for 6 plus months a year.

I guess you'd look pretty corny in these in sandals, but if you choose running shoes, go with smart wool socks. That's the key...smart wool. About $20/pr. Feet stay cool and lovely! I wear orthotics so comfort is all important to me. Believe me when I say, a good pair of breathable runners and these smart wool socks are nothing short of excellence!

I need help too. I prefer sandals......Keens don't work for me because my toes do not like being covered.
My favorites were Naturalizer BZee Beach, but they were discontinued :(
I can't have anything too tight on the tops of my feet.....that is my main problem. Everything rubs.
And no flip flops......nothing between the toes

You might want to try Chacos. The have a great arch support, don't cover the toes, have a style that doesn't go between the toes and the straps are adjustable.

I wear different style Croc flip flops. I'm a Florida girl & if I'm not barefoot I'm in flip flops. My legs and feet feel great after being in the parks all day & the rain doesn't make them slippery or dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter