• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shocking News (NOT) - Update: Honey Boo Boo canceled immediately

Couldn't figure out why they were ever on tv in the first place! Disgusting along with dozens of 'reality shows'.

I'd be willing to bet it is the gospel truth. TLC wouldn't cancel immediately and refuse to air episodes that have already been shot, they wouldn't miss out on those ratings.

In the picture of her and the child molester, you can tell her eyebrows are shaped (she never did that before TLC days), so it is a recent picture. Also, it is being reported the 9 year old he sodomized was her oldest daughter. Sick, sick, sick.
That is beyond sick. How could anybody even be around somebody who sodomized their daughter, let alone date him again. I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

I agree with EMom. If the guy ever tried to come near me or my family again, he would be castrated with a very, very dull knife.

Couldn't figure out why they were ever on tv in the first place! Disgusting along with dozens of 'reality shows'.

I agree. I can't even look at that family without cringing. The mom dating this pervert crossed a line though. Disgusting doesn't even begin to describe her.

TLC saying "supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is [their] only priority" is laughable.

I had heard it was a relative of hers which is horrible enough (even a stranger would be horrible enough) but her own daugher? And she goes back to him after he gets out of prison? Sick. What is wrong with people?

On another note....I wonder if Sugar Bear was online dating because June was already back with this one.

I believe this as well. I think she dumped Sugar Bear to be with this guy

I know it is not the point, but what made the children "remarkable" anyway?

Given their mother, the fact they could do anything other than drool on themselves was "remarkable."

He would have to be really stupid to try and online date. Obviously people know who he is and will run to the tabloids.
Assuming of course he didn't want to get caught.

I thought the TLC was supposed to stand for The Learning Channel. What is educational about their shows? Most dredge the bottom of the barrel and parade these losers as "quality"hows.

Honey Boo Boo is a spin-off of Toddlers and Tiaras. The little girl was a beauty pageant contestant, and TLC recognized the train wreck potential.

I feel bad for the family in a way. The family looks like a bunch of uneducated, obese rednecks in the show, and most of the people I know that watch do so to make fun of the family. I don't know if the family realizes they are the butt of the joke, not the role-model reality celebrities they think they are.

Grumpy_Cat_Good.jpg

Honey Boo Boo is a spin-off of Toddlers and Tiaras. The little girl was a beauty pageant contestant, and TLC recognized the train wreck potential.

I feel bad for the family in a way. The family looks like a bunch of uneducated, obese rednecks in the show, and most of the people I know that watch do so to make fun of the family. I don't know if the family realizes they are the butt of the joke, not the role-model reality celebrities they think they are.

I have a different take on them: While I agree they lack formal education (and quite a few other things), I think Mom realized that her kid was a misfit in the pageant world, and she knew from the start that she could make money by exploiting her kids on TV. I think she knows the fart jokes and a pig in the house were the stuff of "laugh at us, not with us" . . . but she also saw dollar signs, and she knew this was pretty much the only 15 minutes that would ever come her way -- so she grabbed all the dollars she could before the well ran dry. I suspect she's wiley enough to have set aside enough of that money to "up" their lifestyle to a decent house. Hopefully she'll use some of it for the kids' educations.

I have a different take on them: While I agree they lack formal education (and quite a few other things), I think Mom realized that her kid was a misfit in the pageant world, and she knew from the start that she could make money by exploiting her kids on TV. I think she knows the fart jokes and a pig in the house were the stuff of "laugh at us, not with us" . . . but she also saw dollar signs, and she knew this was pretty much the only 15 minutes that would ever come her way -- so she grabbed all the dollars she could before the well ran dry. I suspect she's wiley enough to have set aside enough of that money to "up" their lifestyle to a decent house. Hopefully she'll use some of it for the kids' educations.

Based on the 10 minutes that I watched of this show, I agree. She appeared to realize that her family is a joke to most viewers, and she was willing to exploit herself and them for $ and her 15 minutes of fame.

Based on the 10 minutes that I watched of this show, I agree. She appeared to realize that her family is a joke to most viewers, and she was willing to exploit herself and them for $ and her 15 minutes of fame.

....... which is what I found most objectionable about the show....... in a show with much to find objectionable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter