• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shocked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money donated should only go on looking for their daughter.
Because at the end of the day they only have themsleves to blame for leaving her.
I think that thier own familes should help them out with paying the bill not the public.
I'm sorry if this offend's other but it's the way it is.
That disgusts me. Have you never made a mistake in your life? Do you not think the McCanns are torturing themselves every single day over what they did? Comments like yours make me sick.

I have no problems whatsoever with the use of the money. Innocent until proven guilty and despite the horrific upturn in their life, life does still go on and bills do still need to be paid.

Aparently Gerry McCann starts work again on Thursday. I can't imagine how hard it will be for him to carry on an concentrate in his job.

Until proved otherwise I continue to have every sympathy for this family. It was not only the mcCanns that left their children alone but all 9 adults in this group. Perhaps they got lulled into a false sense of security in this resort. Such sadness :sad1:

Susan

I agree with this and Madjock's sentiments. Yes they made an horrific lapse of judgment by leaving their children alone that fateful night - but haven't they paid for it every second since?

I believe they should be treated as innocent until found guilty and I hope and pray that one day this tragedy will be over and that Madeleine will be found safe and well

Tammy

Only if you beleive they actully had nothing to do with her dissapearance.

Somehow Murat did not have that amount of sympathy when he was accused of being the abductor. Has he had his mortgage paid by the "trustees" (which AIRC includes McCanns brother?)

Only if you beleive they actully had nothing to do with her dissapearance.

Somehow Murat did not have that amount of sympathy when he was accused of being the abductor. Has he had his mortgage paid by the "trustees" (which AIRC includes McCanns brother?)

I really don't think you can compare murats situation with the absolute hell and suffering that the mccans are going through.
Iam ashamed to be british with the way views some people hold against a greiving family.....Its like my Dh says...he didn't realise how many cold and hard individuals were around him till its almost become a sport to pick at the mccans.

It absolutely sickens me..:sad2:

No they should not have private access to the money. It is lucky they are hard working married parents! Had this been a single parent not one ounce of sympathy would have gone her way and the country would have been in uproar.
I am sure the mortgage company would have been fully understanding and some rich fella would have dipped his hand in pocket to help them out.

The twins are never going to have a normal life now, i just wonder why they were left, if madeline was sold on, why werent her siblings taken too?

The whole thing is disturbing and i pray madeline is found safe and well and returned to here family:grouphug:

No they should not have private access to the money. It is lucky they are hard working married parents! Had this been a single parent not one ounce of sympathy would have gone her way and the country would have been in uproar.
I am sure the mortgage company would have been fully understanding and some rich fella would have dipped his hand in pocket to help them out.

The twins are never going to have a normal life now, i just wonder why they were left, if madeline was sold on, why werent her siblings taken too?

The whole thing is disturbing and i pray madeline is found safe and well and returned to here family:grouphug:

Iam sick of this being banded about...I would have just as much sympathy if it was a poor family from a council estate.
Plus..Fact...James Bulger came from a POOR family who lived in a council flat in a very rough part of Liverpool..his mother left him outside a shop when he was 2 yrs old he sadly was kidnapped and killed.
Fact...his parents were given a very large amount of money from public donations ...they bought themselves a brand new detached house in Kirby.
i don;t remember Denise Bulger getting the public sllaughtering that Kate mccann has...in fact the whole world was united in support of this poor..working class family.

Please stop all this crap about them getting help because they are middle class doctors...if anything they are getting slagged off becuse they are doctors and not poor.

Fact the bulgers were never accussed of having anything to do with the disapperance of their son, the money was a fund set up for the family, not to help find the missing child.

I have the deepest hope that she will be found alive, but the middle class doctor bit is starting to annoy now, they are educated people who are paying for the sheer stupidity. Making a mistake is one thing, leaving your child unattended whilst out for a meal in a foreign country where babysitters are available is not a mistake.

No, but Murat hasn't lost a child.

IF you beleive the McCanns then they would not have lost a child if they had not every night left three small children on their own so they could go and have fun with their friends.
No amount of wringing hands afterwards changes the facts that these people are the reason why this happened.

No they should not have private access to the money. It is lucky they are hard working married parents! Had this been a single parent not one ounce of sympathy would have gone her way and the country would have been in uproar. :
This argument is not only very sad but very derogatory! I for one, and I'm sure probably the vast majority of people who offered their help', did not do so based on the fact that they were a married, hard working couple, doctors no less:rolleyes: I offered my help because there was a little girl in desperate need. And I say, hand on heart, that if that child had been with her single mum, lone dad, black, yellow, gay or lesbian parent(s) I would still offer all the help possible! how sad that people think the human race is so shallow!

There is a little girl out there who needs all the help she can get and the only way to do that is to help her parents, regardless!

Fact the bulgers were never accussed of having anything to do with the disapperance of their son, the money was a fund set up for the family, not to help find the missing child.

I have the deepest hope that she will be found alive, but the middle class doctor bit is starting to annoy now, they are educated people who are paying for the sheer stupidity. Making a mistake is one thing, leaving your child unattended whilst out for a meal in a foreign country where babysitters are available is not a mistake.

And in this country you are innocent till proven guilty....The bulgers made a mistake leaving their toddler outside a shop...the mccans made a mistake leaving their children in bed...both families suffered terribly regardless of class.
Actually the fund for the mccanns was not just set up for finding maddie..it was also to help with the mccanns expenses...FACT.

Can you imagine if kate bought a house like denise did...their would be up roar...even if it was proven she did nothing wrong...some people don't like her BECAUSe she is a middle class doctor...i find that very sad.

I really don't think you can compare murats situation with the absolute hell and suffering that the mccans are going through.
Iam ashamed to be british with the way views some people hold against a greiving family.....Its like my Dh says...he didn't realise how many cold and hard individuals were around him till its almost become a sport to pick at the mccans.

It absolutely sickens me..:sad2:

That the world is not all roses and champagne? that parents do kill their own children? that the majority of murders are carried out by persons close to the murdered person?
That some people cannot see the truth when its right in front of them?
That most people within the law enforcement profession have grave misgivings about the McCanns stories?
It sickens me that the Mccanns felt they could leave their three VERY yung children alone every night so they could go drinking with their friends and then expect everyoen to feel sorry for them !

And in this country you are innocent till proven guilty....The bulgers made a mistake leaving their toddler outside a shop...the mccans made a mistake leaving their children in bed...both families suffered terribly regardless of class.
Actually the fund for the mccanns was not just set up for finding maddie..it was also to help with the mccanns expenses...FACT.

Can you imagine if kate bought a house like denise did...their would be up roar...even if it was proven she did nothing wrong...some people don't like her BECAUSe she is a middle class doctor...i find that very sad.

The Bulgers did it once and once only,
The McCanns did it by their own admission every night. THAT is a major difference.
The McCanns stayed out in Portugal right up to the point when they were suspected officially by the Police then ran back to the UK as fast as they could, What? hunting for Maddie in England are they now??

No what sickens me is the lack of compassion from fellow "humans"....and parents to boot...imagine if it was your little lad..imagine the hell ..the pain..Its a dark soul who can't show empathy for these people...thats why I can't understand it:confused3 ...But I know we'll never agree Obi so I'll leave it at that.

The Bulgers did it once and once only,
The McCanns did it by their own admission every night. THAT is a major difference.
The McCanns stayed out in Portugal right up to the point when they were suspected officially by the Police then ran back to the UK as fast as they could, What? hunting for Maddie in England are they now??

How do you know the Bulgers only left James the once?....It was probably the norm for Denise...I lived 5 minutes from that strand shopping cente and was actually there that day that James went missing...kids were left outside shops all the time.
So are you now going to slag of denise bulger with the venom yu have for the Mccanns repeated mistake.

No what sickens me is the lack of compassion from fellow "humans"....and parents to boot...imagine if it was your little lad..imagine the hell ..the pain..Its a dark soul who can't show empathy for these people...thats why I can't understand it:confused3 ...But I know we'll never agree Obi so I'll leave it at that.

No, we won't agree. This case has polarised the whole country one side otr the other and the two side will not agree until there is an outcome one way or another.

I can't imagine it being my little lad as in the five years he has been in the world I would Never EVER leave himn in an apartment on his own for hours just to eat drink and be merry with my friends, or any other reason.
We eat with him and we eat early so he can go to bed at a normal time, we then stay in the villa. At no time whatsoever would we nor would the majority of middle class, working class or upper class parents.

many of us feel very angry at what the McCanns have done and the days leading up to this.

But as you say quite rightly, the two sides of this debate will never agree.

How do you know the Bulgers only left James the once?....It was probably the norm for Denise...I lived 5 minutes from that strand shopping cente and was actually there that day that James went missing...kids were left outside shops all the time.
So are you now going to slag of denise bulger with the venom yu have for the Mccanns repeated mistake.

I am glad you agree they repeatedly did it.
I have venom for the scum who killed Jamie Bulger, the acts they carried out on the little lad and the way in which they have now been sheilded from public so they can have a normal life.

The Bulgers have never said they repeatedly left Jamie on his own, you are basing this on other stupid parents of the same mould as the McCanns (who have admitted leaving THREE chidren on their own time after time )

The slagging off based upon an assumption not the facts is in the quote above. "it was probably the norm for Denise"

No, we won't agree. This case has polarised the whole country one side otr the other and the two side will not agree until there is an outcome one way or another.

I can't imagine it being my little lad as in the five years he has been in the world I would Never EVER leave himn in an apartment on his own for hours just to eat drink and be merry with my friends, or any other reason.
We eat with him and we eat early so he can go to bed at a normal time, we then stay in the villa. At no time whatsoever would we nor would the majority of middle class, working class or upper class parents.

many of us feel very angry at what the McCanns have done and the days leading up to this.

But as you say quite rightly, the two sides of this debate will never agree.

Yeah we'll never agree...But I must say this..I too would Never ever leave my dd7 outside a shop in an apartment ...any where alone..iam THE most protective parent going...iam quite bad...for example this saturday my dd is going to a party at the local play centre..she is almost 8 and yet I will stay..I will be the only parent to do so out of the whole class because Iam a paranoid parent.:)
but that doesn't mean I can't empathise with the mccanns because iam a compasionate person and I hope my dd will grow up to be the same and also have the ability to empathise...i can not feel any anger at all toward anyone who is suffering so terribly.

The only thing that i am shocked about is that Madeleine and the twins were left alone in the first place :sad2:

But Gerry and Kate must now live with that for the rest of their lives whether or not that poor little girl comes home. I honestly believe though in my heart of hearts they did not have anything to do with her disappearance. Stupid, Yes but not murderers.

Like alot of you have already said, bills still have to be paid. So, it really does not bother me if they have had to use some of the money to pay their mortgage, which, according to reports is about £2000 per month on their £600.000 house. I can believe that as Rothley is not that far a drive from where I live and houses there are big and expensive.

Can you imagine even thinking about going back to work, especially doing the job Gerry does, and trying to concentrate on the job? I can't.
My brother's fiancee is a nurse at the same hospital, spoke to her today and she's dreading going to work as the press are obviously going to be there but staff there are being prepared and are being spoken to e.g if they are approached by the press etc. She's not been there long as she was transferred from Leics main hospital, the LRI.

All I know is I look at my own son and could not imagine life without him and would not want my worse enemy to go through what Kate and Gerry are going through every day:guilty:

But also I NEVER EVER leave my son unattended and it sickens me to see people that STILL leave their children, e.g Like in their cars at the petrol station while they go into pay. My son comes EVERYWHERE with me even if he's fell asleep in the car and I need to get petrol, I put him over my shoulder and carry him in to pay. Yet most of these parents slag off the McGanns yet they are doing the same thing themselves. Yes, only for a few minutes, but they are still leaving their children unattended.:mad:

I just hope and pray that Madeleine is being looked after and treated well and that one day, hopefully soon, she is reunited with her family:hug:

Although, the longer it goes on, the more doubtful I become.:sad1:

I am glad you agree they repeatedly did it.
I have venom for the scum who killed Jamie Bulger, the acts they carried out on the little lad and the way in which they have now been sheilded from public so they can have a normal life.

The Bulgers have never said they repeatedly left Jamie on his own, you are basing this on other stupid parents of the same mould as the McCanns (who have admitted leaving THREE chidren on their own time after time )

The slagging off based upon an assumption not the facts is in the quote above. "it was probably the norm for Denise"

Nah its well known that James was left to roam quite a bit...well it is round here...In fact James used to play out in the street all the time with my young cousin...as was the norm for the area....And yes i do agree that the mccans reatped their mistake But i still feel deply for them as i do for the bulgers as i do for the parents of those little boys killed on their scooters on the M56.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter