• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shocked at the Conversation I just had with customer Service!!!

Why don't you change the full site to just the nights that you don't have on the preferred site? Then you don't have to worry about them cancelling your duplicate reservation and once/if you are able to get those 4 nights on the preferred site you can cancel the full.

It is WDW policy that you cannot be booked into two or more locations for same party/same dates. If you needed 2 sites, they can note that on the reservation so that they are aware of the situation.

I'm sorry that you feel you were lectured, but it seems as though the booking agent was not concerned with policy and the guest service agent was. Truth of the matter is that you are "holding" a site that you do not plan to use, and that is taking away inventory from someone who really wants it. I understand that you don't want to move sites, I just think that you should make a decision...if you think you'll be able to get those 4 nights added to the preferred site, cancel the full site entirely...if you don't think those nights will open up, cancel the preferred. You can still always see if one or the other opens up for the length of stay, since it seems to be an "all or nothing" contigency for you. Or, you can split it like I mentioned and be assured that you will have a place for all 20 nights.

markb said:
But what was even weirder, it wasn’t just a small suggestion, it turned into a 30 minute sermon on how I was “breaking policy” and was really made to feel bad about this heinous breach in policy.

You REALLY stayed on the phone and listened to a 30 minute sermon?

I do miss the old days if you had a ressies for 3 night but you are looking to stay for 7 they would put you on a wait list. When the days came available they would add that day to your ressies until all 7 days where filled. As long as you could get just one night they would wait list you for the rest.

mrsgus06 said:
I am staying well over 20 nights. I am booked from June 1 to Aug 5 at a full hook up site. It is spread out over 3 reservations. I don't think it is the days that are a problem. I have never had a cm tell me anything about my length of stay. :confused3 Maybe because it has to do with a preferred site? Good luck on the days you need.

LUCKY! My kids would love to spend the summer at WDW!

I see both sides, but have to say that duplicate "just in case" reservations are bogging down resorts and leaving other guests without a place to stay.

FW is so small and the length of time you're staying is longer than normal, I'm sure it creates availability issues.

This is also the case with people double booking ADR's and not cancelling, very frustrating.

I think the suggestion that you only keep the days on the full hook up that you don't have yet on the preferred hook up is a good idea. Of course, I realize it is more difficult to break down camp and move..it is a bit more difficult that switching a hotel room. So, I see both sides also. But you are talking about alot of days here. Personally, I don't know that I wouldn't do the same thing..it's a tough call. Perhaps you could have avoided their figuring this out if you had placed the first reservation in your husbands name..with a business address..and the preferred on that you call regulary about in your own name and address. You likely would avoid the lecture. I'm surprised you stayed on the line that long. If they were so confrontational about it..I'm surprised that they didn't make you choose right then and there which reservation you wanted to keep. For all you know..one of those reservations could be gone tomorrow..with the deposit place with the other. Would make me pretty nervous that they might infact do this...maybe best to pick the one you want..or at the very least..free up the days on the full that you already have on the preferred. Just a suggestion.

The whole " I have paid for both deposits" is really not relavent, because you will eventually be cancelling one of them and getting a refund. I see both sides of it. What disney really needs is a better way of helping him find his preffered site. You are just working withen the system the way you have too. On the other side of it if the Fort is booked solid no one else can plan anything at all because of the "ghost" reservation. Its an imperfect world we live in and we are all just a part of it. Nobody likes it but I have to say I would probably do the same thing.

The really frustrating thing is I can guarantee that there are people that have booked a preferred site because that was all they could get that would really rather have full or partial hooks up. That happens to me a lot. We live close by and go for weekend trips most of the time. More often than not I have to book a preferred site and hope that a partial or full hook up will open up. It seems Disney should be able to note your actual needs on your ressie and get it for you. But then Disney would have to pay someone to do this and Disney is much more about bottom line these days and less interested in customer service.

we are going next week, and I am paid in Full, but disney has now called and asked me to confirm that we are indeed coming, they have never done that before and we stay there a lot... So I have to call them back today and confirm, but what if I didnt get the message, would they cancel the reservation?
I think they are changing the rules for those that seem to be breaking them... but I still do not get, pay for a campsite and then pay for a hotel off site, how much money does that save? these people must have a lot more money than I do...

o well, Happy camping everyone see ya in FW.. 3/18-3/25...

cyndilou01 said:
we are going next week, and I am paid in Full, but disney has now called and asked me to confirm that we are indeed coming, they have never done that before and we stay there a lot... So I have to call them back today and confirm, but what if I didnt get the message, would they cancel the reservation?
Wow, that is strange that they called you to ask if you were coming. Especially since you have paid in full. Make sure you let us know what they say - I'm curious why they called.

:cool1:
I'm markb's DW. WDW CM called yesterday to say they were able to finish piecing together our 20 days at a preferred site! We won't get a refund on the full site we'll transfer it to the preferred. Now we only have one reservation. We knew we wouldn't have to wait till the last day to get the preferred site. Now all those day at the full site are free.

:cool1: :hippie: :rolleyes1 :woohoo: :cheer2:
DH DW DS DD DD

I'm glad it worked out for you and you were able to secure all the days you needed on the type of site you wanted. :sunny: At least you won't have to worry about CR cancelling one of your reservations. Perhaps the chat with the cast member promted them to do what they could to get you to the one site?..Wondering did you secure it on your own..by still calling..or did they contact you?
Enjoy your trip

Yvette Q.O.D. said:
I'm markb's DW. WDW CM called yesterday to say they were able to finish piecing together our 20 days at a preferred site! We won't get a refund on the full site we'll transfer it to the preferred. Now we only have one reservation. We knew we wouldn't have to wait till the last day to get the preferred site. Now all those day at the full site are free.

DH DW DS DD DD

GREAT! I'm so happy for you, sounds like so much fun to be at FW for that long. Wish I could be there with you. I'm glad you won't have to change sites because that is a pain in the butt. Doing the happy dance for you!!! :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cool1: :cool1:

Memph1s said:
The really frustrating thing is I can guarantee that there are people that have booked a preferred site because that was all they could get that would really rather have full or partial hooks up. That happens to me a lot. We live close by and go for weekend trips most of the time. More often than not I have to book a preferred site and hope that a partial or full hook up will open up. It seems Disney should be able to note your actual needs on your ressie and get it for you. But then Disney would have to pay someone to do this and Disney is much more about bottom line these days and less interested in customer service.

The campsites are booking up earlier and earlier every year. I can't see why Disney should be proactive in monitoring vacancies and calling guests for campsites; they are not an outbound call center. My advice would be to call earlier so that you can book the category that you want. If you can't call earlier (which I understand if you live close by that's not always possible) then you are restricted to available inventory.

Yvette Q.O.D. said:

DH DW DS DD DD

That's great! Enjoy your 20 nights!!

To answer a couple of questions.

auntie, I couldn't believe it but the CM called us. I'm just glad I was home to get the call.

srfrgrl07, We did book what I thought was early, in January. Guess now we know if we ever take a long trip like this again book at least 9-12 months ahead of time.

If we can keep the cost of this trip within the budget (LOL) and can stand the close quarters for 3 weeks I have a feeling we'll be booking next year before we leave WDW this year.

Thanks for all the posts.

M & Y

Hey guys, thanks for all the input and feedback.
Bob NC, I did indeed stay on the phone through the "30 minute sermon," infact that call lasted over an hour, but as my DW mentioned, we did get the preferred site we hoped for, and I think the fact that I was patient, polite, articulate as to what I wanted, honest about the nature of my efforts, and patient (though I didn't want to be) ;) but FIRM, motivated the CM to accomodate us. In fact, the same CM who gave me the sermon was the one who called back to tell us that our Preferred Site and been filled for the full 20 days. I think the fact that I never attempted to mislead him as to my intentions motivated him to help us... that and the need to free up the other ressie as some of you have suggested.

So now we have just one ressie.

The lesson I learned? Be determined, deliberate and articuate about what you want... and be honest but firm. I would rather not get what we hoped for if it took playing "games" and being dishonest (but darn, Disney makes it tempting sometimes) :confused3 with who's names the ressies were under... and as I mentioned earlier, the fact that I was up front with him clearly helped.

So I didn't win the Super Bowl... BUT I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! Trip 31 for me! :banana: :cool1: :bounce: :bounce: :yay:
Thanks again, all.
:wave2:

Yvette Q.O.D. - XOXOXOXOX I love you and I'll see you tomorrow when I get home!

I'm glad it worked out for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip. :)

I'm always surprised when Disney calls me, but they have, 3 times. It makes you feel appreciated as a customer.

She said their system looks for duplicates and cancels them.
I doubt that. I have had numerous ressies with the same dates over the years and they have never been cancelled. One as recently as March 2006 . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter