• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ship's decorations to Christmas??

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
When do the ships star decorating for the holidays?
Do they start after Thanksgiving as do the Parks?

Thanks in advance

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2. Or. :santa: ;)

Robin"D";49252319 said:
When do the ships star decorating for the holidays?
Do they start after Thanksgiving as do the Parks?

Thanks in advance

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2. Or. :santa: ;)

From DisneyCruise.com:
This holiday season, delight in magical merriment at sea on the Very Merrytime Cruises—new to Disney Cruise Line—available on sailings departing November 9 to December 31, 2013! Share seasonal splendor with loved ones as you enjoy a twist on holiday traditions.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/holiday-cruises/christmas-winter-holidays/

I think it sooner than Thanksgiving -- something i read says November 9th sailings will have Christmas decorations.

I think it sooner than Thanksgiving -- something i read says November 9th sailings will have Christmas decorations.

Until last year all the ships were decorated before Thanksgiving. CC has traditionally been decorated later. I just read the blog entry about this and it only talks about the ships being ready starting November 9th & 10th. It doesn't mention CC until after it discusses the special Thanksgiving sailing. We will just have to see if they continue the tradition or change it this year.

I have cruised just before Thanksgiving for the last 3-4 years. Their goal is to be completed with all the decorations by the time the Thanksgiving cruise is setting sail. I expect that Nov 9th will be when they start moving the trees on board and putting up the garland. I think it is better to sail closer to Thanksgiving because you will see them build the ginger bread house. Always a treat to see them build it.

Castaway Cay is done for thanksgiving trip.

So do not expect that if you get on the ship Nov 9th, that all decorations are done. They are only starting. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter