Shipping water to resort?

memy26

DIS Veteran
If I ship water, how early do I need to ship it?

We will arrive on August 3rd. I don't want to ship it too early as I don't want it to be in the way at the hotel, yet at the same time I want to make sure that it will be there when we get there.

I don't have any advice for you, I'm curious though, how much is it to ship water? I can imagine it's heavy to ship? Would it be cheaper to buy it through that store that delivers to Disney?

I was thinking the same thing. When we've gone to WDW, we use a car service that has a free stop at a grocery store. We ship snacks and bagels, etc. - but not the heavy stuff.

If you don't use a car service that will stop, you'll still probably save money by having a grocery store bring the water to you.

We can actually ship it free through dh's work so that is why I was thinking about doing it that way

We can actually ship it free through dh's work so that is why I was thinking about doing it that way

Well I guess that's cheaper then huh!

How are you shipping? USPS, UPS, FedEX? That will make a difference.

I know Office Depot delivers water and I think they charge $10 for delivery....but you can usually find coupon codes to discount your order to save a few more bucks. I figured it out to be ~ $25 for 2 cases of 24ct .5L bottles delivered.

If you are shipping it through your DH's work, why don't you ask them how early to ship it? I know if you are ordering from costco or staples, you should do it a week ahead, but you can always call them and schedule delivery on your arrival date. I think Costco, even if you aren't a member, you can get water delivered for about 7 dollars a case. But if you are shipping it, I'd ask whatever company you are using (fedex, UPS....)

I ordered water and some snacks through Staples.com. It took about 3 days for it to arrive--I ordered one week before we left on a Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday. Be sure to include your name, date of check in, resort name and address. They also have water and snacks on amazon.com. HOpe this helps!

We order water from Garden Grocer. They have a complete line of groceries for reasonable prices. They deliver our order to the hotel on the date we tell them to for $12. It is worth it to us since we usually stay about 10 days and drink a lot of water while there.

won't help the OP since her trip is over! But, Costco.com actually has the cheapest prices on shipped water. You do not need to be a member. A case costs about $7 and that included shipping

As previous poster stated... Costco.com is real cheap in shipping water. You don't have to be a member to order online, the price that they give you on the items includes shipping.

I placed an order last year for water and some snacks and it was at the resort within 3 days.

Real good service.

Just a question about ordering from Costco. Do you just place the order online and have it shipped to your name c/o the resort you are staying at?

Just a question about ordering from Costco. Do you just place the order online and have it shipped to your name c/o the resort you are staying at?

yup! Order it about 4 days before you leave and you'll be find. BTW, it's hard to find water listed on the site. Just search "Bottled Water" and it will pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter