Shipping Toiletries?

militarymama

Earning My Ears
Given today's airline changes, is anyone thinking of shipping their toiletries?

On the day we arrive, we'll probably check out the pool and visit Downtown Disney. We'll be using the Magical Express and I'm not sure how long it usually takes for bags to arrive.

Having our toiletries already there, we'd be able to freshen up and apply sunscreen.

Does it make any sense to do this? Would the resorts allow this?

Our other options are to wait for our checked bags prior to boarding ME, wait for our bags to arrive to the resort, or we could buy new stuff once we arrive. Are there other plans out there for minimizing the impact of the new rules?

Maybe I'm over-thinking this... We just want to maximize our DISNEY time! :)

We've got a couple of weeks before our trip, so who knows what will change between now and then.

We are leaving next week and as of today, we have decided to use Magical Express, but pick-up our own bags with our packed toiletries in them. If we did not have a direct flight, we would consider shipping toiletries.

If I were you, I would pick up my own bags even if using Magical Express, this way you have your belongings with you and don't have to worry about going to buy new toiletries, etc. and you can save your money for other things..

You can check your "carry on" bags with your toiletries. Don't put the ME tags on the bag and pick just that bag up at baggage claim.

Involves a wait at baggage claim though.

I know you want to use ME, but we are using Tiffany Towncar, with a 30 minute grocery stop. Normally, I just grab bottle water, soda and laundry detergent. Now my list got longer! At least I'll save money buying at Publix over any Disney gift shop.

But I don't care! Anything that will keep us safe is okay with me.

Well, no, your list doesn't HAVE to be longer. Pack the "banned from carrying on" items in your checked luggage. IF, by some chance, that bag gets misdirected by the airline, THEN you can purchase replacements during your grocery stop.

Military Mama, I was thinking the exact same thing after I heard the news this morning! We're staying at POP our first night before moving to Poly the next day. Our flight doesn't reach Orlando until 6:48 p.m., so I don't want our bags to arrive at our room too late (DD needs to get to bed). I was going to ship my toiletries to POP if possible, however, I'd like to know more about picking up your own bags before getting on Magical Express. Can you do this? How often does the bus leave for Disney from the airport? Does anyone know more details about this? Thanks!

We have connecting flights :furious: . I had planned to use only carry-on luggage (which will be a miracle for me to pull off :thumbsup2) but now with the restrictions, it seems like I would have to check my toiletries and I want to avoid checking my bags at all costs.

Does anyone have any information on shipping items to the resort? Which delivery service do you recommend? Will the resort accept the packages?

I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Princess1967 said:
however, I'd like to know more about picking up your own bags before getting on Magical Express. Can you do this? How often does the bus leave for Disney from the airport? Does anyone know more details about this? Thanks!

We were there in June and did just that - We arrived in Orlando from Wash. D.C. and waited at baggage claim for our luggage, and then went to Magical Express and checked in. It took a lot longer, but was worth it to have our own luggage with us and not wonder when (and if) it was getting to our room. We arrived in Orlando at about 2:45 and got to WL, checked in, and were in our room by 5:00 p.m. The ME part of the trip was very quick, waiting at luggage claim took a while. They have it very organized by resort and the lines move quickly. It's just a matter of waiting for a relatively full bus before it leaves for the resorts. Our bus stopped at about 3 other resorts before WL. I asked about this before we left, and they said it was no problem - just to make sure and NOT put the yellow ME tags on the luggage. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

APB513 said:
We have connecting flights :furious: . I had planned to use only carry-on luggage (which will be a miracle for me to pull off :thumbsup2) but now with the restrictions, it seems like I would have to check my toiletries and I want to avoid checking my bags at all costs.

Does anyone have any information on shipping items to the resort? Which delivery service do you recommend? Will the resort accept the packages?

I'd appreciate any help I could get.
All the Disney resorts are used to having guests ship packages pre-arrival. We've done it many times, and have never had a problem. We've used Fed Ex and DHL (cheaper from our area), also with no problem. I imagine UPS would be the same.
On the box, put your name, c/o resort name, resort address; also add the res. # and expected date of arrival. You shouldn't have a problem. :thumbsup2
Good luck! :wave:

We're arriving next Saturday and plan on putting the "essentials" in one bag and not use the DME tag for it. That way we will only have one bag to pick up at baggage claim. I'm concerned that if everyone brings their bags to the DME bus, they may not have room for all of the luggage, strollers, wheelchairs, etc. Since we'll be there for 8 nights, I don't want to get stuck waiting for another bus because we have too many bags. :)

DVC Grammy said:
All the Disney resorts are used to having guests ship packages pre-arrival. We've done it many times, and have never had a problem. We've used Fed Ex and DHL (cheaper from our area), also with no problem. I imagine UPS would be the same.
On the box, put your name, c/o resort name, resort address; also add the res. # and expected date of arrival. You shouldn't have a problem. :thumbsup2
Good luck! :wave:

Thank you!

vatchr said:
We were there in June and did just that - We arrived in Orlando from Wash. D.C. and waited at baggage claim for our luggage, and then went to Magical Express and checked in. It took a lot longer, but was worth it to have our own luggage with us and not wonder when (and if) it was getting to our room. We arrived in Orlando at about 2:45 and got to WL, checked in, and were in our room by 5:00 p.m. The ME part of the trip was very quick, waiting at luggage claim took a while. They have it very organized by resort and the lines move quickly. It's just a matter of waiting for a relatively full bus before it leaves for the resorts. Our bus stopped at about 3 other resorts before WL. I asked about this before we left, and they said it was no problem - just to make sure and NOT put the yellow ME tags on the luggage. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the information! Very helpful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter