Shipping to the Resort???

Mickey1976

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of having some Misty Mates shipped from Amazon or Ebay to the resort for us since we're up in Canada and shipping is atrocious and I can't find them up here in any stores.

How long will the resort hold a package for us? And how long do you think shipping takes within the U.S.? I want to make sure I time things properly...thanks a ton!! :flower3:

I also am from canada and on my last trip in December I had something shipped to my hotel-slushie mix, that I couldn't find in Canada in December. I bought it on EBay and they shipped it, usually when you order from there it will tell you how long it takes to ship, people do this all the time and the hotels are great about it, our hotel held our package for over 2 weeks, what I did was phone the hotel ahead of time and tell them that you are having a package delivered. It will be no problem.

I'm thinking of having some Misty Mates shipped from Amazon or Ebay to the resort for us since we're up in Canada and shipping is atrocious and I can't find them up here in any stores.

How long will the resort hold a package for us? And how long do you think shipping takes within the U.S.? I want to make sure I time things properly...thanks a ton!! :flower3:

I ship water each trip, I am sure to include my reservation number on the shipping label as well at titling my self, "Guest Jane Smith" I also try to fit in my arrival date as well so there is no question. good luck! :goodvibes

I always ship all of our luggage and water to the resorts prior to arrival. The offical Disney reply is they will hold your packages for up to 1 week prior to your arrival.

Great, thank you! I'll have to find out how long it'll take to ship from ebay/amazon then to time it right!

I always ship all of our luggage and water to the resorts prior to arrival. The offical Disney reply is they will hold your packages for up to 1 week prior to your arrival.

Oh dear!:sad1:...I've had cell phones shipped from walmart to trhe resort...and I messed up..they have arrives two weeks before we will...I hope they are still there when we check in.

Try this...

Don't ship it through the Post Office... Here is why... The US Post Office does NOT recognize Disney streets, any and all mail being sent to Disney through the US Post Office will go to the PO Box (regardless of how you address it) as the post office does not deliver to Disney directly. From the PO Box it is sorted into sections and then specific locations before it is delivered out to property. This can take quite a bit of time.

UPs, Fed Ex, DHL, any kind of courier service will deliver directly to the hotel. My suggestion would be to get the package ready and send it out about 7 days prior to your arrival (you can send it further out if you like they will hold it). If you give yourself enough time you can ship it ground service which is the cheapest.

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the date (you can put the res # too if you want, but it is not really needed).

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Hold for guest arrival 4/02
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Here is a list of the resort address' (again this can ONLY be used for courier services, US Post office will not deliver to the property directly)

Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
1991 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-7000
Disney’s All Star Music Resort 1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-6000
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort 1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-5000
Disney's Pop Century Resort 1050 Century Drive
Phone: 407-938-4000
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way
Phone: 407-934-3400
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-1000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter 2201 Orleans Drive
Phone: 407-934-5000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 1251 Riverside Drive
Phone: 407-934-6000
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge 2901 Osceola Pkwy.
Phone: 407-938-3000
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 4600 North World Drive
Phone: 407-824-1000
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 4401 Floridian Way
Phone: 407-824-3000
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 901 Timberline Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3200
Disney’s Polynesian Resort 1600 Seven Seas Drive
Phone: 407-824-2000
Disney’s Beach Club Resort 1800 West Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-8000
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort 1700 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-7000
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn 2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-939-5100
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground 4510 N Ft. Wilderness Trail
Phone: 407-824-2900
Disney’s Old Key West Resort 1510 North Cove Rd.
Phone: 407-827-7700
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort 1960 Broadway
Phone: 407-827-1100

Walt Disney World Dolphin
1500 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-4000
Walt Disney World Swan 1200 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-3000

Shades of Green 1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3400

All hotels are in Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 (Except Animal Kingdom Lodge which is Bay Lake, FL 32830).

This is good to know...I am shipping water (from staples I guess...evn though the water is only $6 for 24 and the shipping is a ridiculous $10 it is still cheaper than $2.50 per bottle:confused3).

Where do you all usually ship your water from?

This is good to know...I am shipping water (from staples I guess...evn though the water is only $6 for 24 and the shipping is a ridiculous $10 it is still cheaper than $2.50 per bottle:confused3).

Where do you all usually ship your water from?

You should try Costco.com, you don't have to be a member and it cost me $14.86 to ship two cases of water. (shipping is free!) :goodvibes

Personally, I would not use eBay to purchase an item which I would have shipped to the resort. I find that you never know when items will arrive if you buy them on eBay. Many eBay sellers are wonderful, and I'm not knocking them. I'm just saying that I can buy items from two different sellers on the same day, and there can be a huge difference in delivery time. I try to look at shipping method, seller location, and how many times per week the seller ships, but I'm still surprised by when the items arrive.

If I were in a time crunch -- which you are when you need the item for your vacation - I would not use eBay.

Also, some sellers will only ship to the address you have on file with eBay, so shipping to the resort would not work with them.

You should try Costco.com, you don't have to be a member and it cost me $14.86 to ship two cases of water. (shipping is free!) :goodvibes

Thank you ...that is so good to know. i just thought $10 was a bit much for shipping a $6 PURCHASE:rotfl: Off to Costco I go!

Thanks everyone! I did get a reply from an ebay seller and they will only ship to the address on file. Ugh. So I guess our options are 1. buying right from Misty Mate and spending $20 in shipping :sad2: 2. waiting until we're there to buy the Disney ones that aren't the same and 3. trying to find it while on the drive down...BJs, Walmart, etc.

Thanks again!

Has anyone shipped items other than water. We are staying at CR and then going on Disney cruise. I wanted to send down sand pails, extra duffel bag, misters, snacks, rolling cooler and other misc things so I do not have to pack them on plane.

Has everyone received their items????

just got back! As an update, I did NOT get charged a handling fee from Disney for accepting my packages.

FYI if you are staying at CSR, which is a convention resort, all packages go to the business center and you will get charged a fee from them. I think it's $10.

Has anyone shipped items other than water. We are staying at CR and then going on Disney cruise. I wanted to send down sand pails, extra duffel bag, misters, snacks, rolling cooler and other misc things so I do not have to pack them on plane.

Has everyone received their items????

I personally have not but have friends that do. It's the same as mailing to any other location. I would be sure to include on the address label the following

Disney's x Resort
Guest: Jane Smith Res#123456
Arrival date- 12/01/09
X Road
City, state zip

I have done this an never had a problem nor have friends I have advised.
there are threads on here that have the exact mailing address for each hotel. I believe it is advised to send things UPS rather than USPS because of how the mail gets dispersed. I'm sure if you mail it out w/plenty of time ahead either way will be no problem. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter