shipping things before trip

lrab1126

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing
I have read that some people ship packages to themselves at the resort from home before they leave. Can anyone who has done it tell me what kind of things they shipped and also did you ship them back to yourself from the resort and if so how did you go about doing that ? Any tips are much appreciated

thanks !

:dance3: Years ago we shipped things to us such as a few water bottles, juice boxes, crackers, peanuts, m & m's. Basically snack food. We are going in July and plan on doing it again. It works for us - less we will have to buy there. We shipped it a few days before we left to go there and it was waiting when we arrived.

Good luck!!:hippie:

We just went in May with DS2, and here are some of the things I packed and sent ahead: antibacterial wipes, regular wipes, diapers, snack foods (applesauce cups, dried fruit, mini cereal boxes, snack bags of pretzels, etc), toiletries (I did carry on a couple of small toiletries in case we got stuck somewhere on the way down), dollar store ponchos, juice bottles, small toys/bubbles, extra paper plates/bowls, plastic silverware, a paring knife to cut fresh fruit, dish soap, disposable bibs, swim diapers, etc. Basically anything that wouldn't melt in the FL heat and would fit in the box (especially the heavier stuff so we wouldn't have to lug it into the airport).

We used UPS and shipped a 51 lb computer box for around $31 :banana: . We dropped it off on a Sunday (knowing it wouldn't go out till Mon/Tues-but DH had to carry the heavy bugger!) and tracked it's delivery. It got there by Thursday morning, and we didn't leave until Sat, so I knew all that stuff was there, safe and sound (and I knew who signed for it at OKW).

I called the front desk at OKW and asked them how I should address the box, to make sure it got there OK. I just plastered our address on each side of the box (leaving room to write our return address on each side also).

We did use the same box to ship stuff home (souviniers, leftover diapers/wipes/toiletries, dirty laundry). DH took it to the front desk on checkout day and they weighed it/sent it from there. We did make sure to take clear packing tape along to seal the box and a thick permanent marker to write our return address on the box.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

I am staying at all star movies and I was wondering how you address it if you don't know your room number. do you just address it to yourself c/o the resort?

I am staying at all star movies and I was wondering how you address it if you don't know your room number. do you just address it to yourself c/o the resort?

We did this last year when we stayed at POR. We shipped UPS and addressed it to the resort. We referenced our arrival date, confirmation number and name. They had it noted in their computer and had it waiting. We didn't even have to ask for it.

We did use the same box to ship stuff home (souviniers, leftover diapers/wipes/toiletries, dirty laundry). DH took it to the front desk on checkout day and they weighed it/sent it from there.

Can anyone tell me if this is allowed at all resorts? We're staying in POFQ and although I knew I could mail things there, I didn't know I could mail from there to home. Would make things soooooo much easier! Thanks!

that is a good question about shipping back at all resorts, i am staying at FW and i am curious if its that easy to send things back from there as OKW was. Great great tips, thanks so much. i am starting my list of things i will be sending down. keep the tips coming !

Can anyone tell me if this is allowed at all resorts? We're staying in POFQ and although I knew I could mail things there, I didn't know I could mail from there to home. Would make things soooooo much easier! Thanks!

We shipped the same box back home from POR. I'm guessing all resorts will help with that.

I would guess it is allowed at all resorts, since Disney resorts try to offer the same basic services, but you should be able to call the front desk of your hotel and find out for sure.

we ship our toiletries ahead all the time - it's just a small box, it arrives a day before we do (fedex) and i don't have to worry about anything "leaking" in the luggage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter