• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shipping souvenirs home

pawla68

Mouseketeer
Hello All!

Hope someone can answer this question for me. If we buy souvenirs from several places while at the World, say we buy something at Magic Kingdom and then something at DTD, can we mail them all from the resort in one box or do we have to ship them all seperately?

TIA

Paula

We shipped all of our souvenirs home that we bought all week via UPS. We stayed at the Yacht Club and our boxes shipped from there.

Assuming you are staying on property, what we did was let the stores send all our purchases to our resort for us. This saves on having to tote them around, but you need to have at least 2 days left on your stay in order to do that. The day before we left I went to the hotel store that our stuff was sent to and had them ship everything for us that we didn't want to take home with us. It worked great! The only bad thing now is that the rates have gone up. When I did it the first time in 2005 I payed a ridiculously cheap amount of money to ship a huge box of stuff. I would still do it only because if anything was damaged when it got to our house Disney would replace it. If you take something home and it breaks in your suitcase they'll still replace it for you, you just have to pay for the new one. Make sure you have every single receipt with you when you go to have it sent. Forget even one and they won't send it those items, you'll have to take it in your bag.

what we do is one big shop at downtown disney near the end of the trip. the world of disney store has just about everything that you can buy in the parks so we buy it all at once and ship it home from there. it works out great for us!

We are staying off property are there any places in the parks that will ship for you.

Yes any of the Disney stores will ship for you. If that is the route you take you might what to try and make as many of your purchases in one of the big stores like at DTD,MK or at Epcot so that you only have to pay shipping once. Then if you buy anything somewhere else just tuck that one in your suitcase if you can. You are off property so you could get everything and then find a UPS store and have them send it, then if they pack the box for you, your items are again insured for breakage. You would still have to pay for the replacements UPS would be reimbursing you for the lost value. Make sure you know exactly how much you spent on everything so that when they ask you for the cash value of the items you know exactly how much it was all worth.

Thanks so much for the info. That is what I was looking for! Does anyone know if this also works for things bought at DTD that aren't owned by Disney? My son is big into lego's and his bday is the week after we get back, so I thought about buying him something and sending home with all our other stuff.

Paula

Yes, you can ship from the WL giftshop but it's a little bit harder to do. If you ship from the mercantile you will need to bring all your bags/receipts with you. The CM than has to "rering" all of the merchandise at the cash register so that it can all go on one receipt. This receipt is the one that goes in the box and used for mailing purposes. Sometimes it takes quite a while for the CM to get everything onto one receipt. (The resorts are not able to take several bags/receipts, place them in a box and charge you the shipping fee).

An easier option is to take a couple of empty boxes with you. We place a small folded empty box in each of our suitcases (two total) and pack everything on top of them. The box flattens well and does not take up much room or weight for the trip down.

Remember to pack a roll of packing tape to use for the full box to ship back. Then take your box(es) to the front desk and you can mail them from there. Disney will print out the address labels for you.

We shipped from the resort but we packed it ourselves and brought the box to the front desk. They weighed it and print off a UPS label right there. You do need to pay a "processing fee" but I can't remember how much it was. This way you don't need the receipts and you can even ship home dirty laundry with all those souvies! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter