Shipping online purchases to Buffalo Niagara Falls for pick up

cow81

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I want to order things online from US suppliers & get them shipped to a Buffalo/ Niagara Falls location so I can pick up and bring back across the border versus paying the high shipping rates to ship to Canada.
Can anyone recommend places that do this & what their charges are. I wouldn't be doing this regularly.
Thanks for any help/ suggestions

Do you happen to have a trip to Disney planned? I've never done what you're asking but I often have items shipped to our Disney resort and pick them up there.

I didn't realize there were companies that offer the service you're asking about. Might be something to keep in mind for the future.

Do you happen to have a trip to Disney planned? I've never done what you're asking but I often have items shipped to our Disney resort and pick them up there.

I didn't realize there were companies that offer the service you're asking about. Might be something to keep in mind for the future.
I was thinking of doing this also, could you explain timeline that you do this? TIA

I registered address with CBIUSA.com. It's free to set it up and then depending on the size of the package, it depends on the cost. Check out the website and sign up. All you have to do is fill out the form which is linked on their site and bring that with you.

There are at least 2 locations, one of which is on Military Road and the hours of operation are pretty good too.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info on CBIUSA Look like i may use it.
When we are in Orlando, we have ordered packages & have delivered to where we are staying with no problems. We always check with the place we are staying and just add in the address info when we are checking in. Great way to order off Amazon & other US online companies!

I can second using CBIUSA, they are terrific although I must say it has been pretty busy on the last few Saturdays I have gone down for pick up. Make sure you give yourself time to line up if needed. Read the instructions for first time pick up carefully, they need to photocopy your passport (once only)

I used to ship things to the UPS store in Niagara Falls. They charged $5 per package to accept it and $1 a day to hold it until you picked it up...

It's great to know that the CBIUSA service is available! I'd never heard of this.

I was thinking of doing this also, could you explain timeline that you do this? TIA

I have done this often. Your Disney resort will accept packages for you up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival time. When I've done this in the past I normally ask when checking in. Sometimes they can get the packages and other times they are delivered to our room at a later time/date. It's kinda like Christmas going back to our room each day to find packages waiting for us!

When I complete the delivery address on the website I'm order from I do something like:

Joe Smith
c/o Disney's Pop Century Resort, Guest Sept 5-10, 2015
(resort address)

I give my cell number as the phone number just in case there is any questions.

I've done this at least 10 different times and never had any problems receiving our packages.

I've used Orion in Lewiston for more than 20 years ..$5 a pkg regardless of size.
Nice people, easy easy easy.

It's great to know that the CBIUSA service is available! I'd never heard of this.

I have done this often. Your Disney resort will accept packages for you up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival time. When I've done this in the past I normally ask when checking in. Sometimes they can get the packages and other times they are delivered to our room at a later time/date. It's kinda like Christmas going back to our room each day to find packages waiting for us!

When I complete the delivery address on the website I'm order from I do something like:

Joe Smith
(resort address)

I've done this at least 10 different times and never had any problems receiving our packages.
Thanx so much

Just as an FYI I went to Buffalo this week for a girlie day of shopping and fun and was surprised to be asked at the border if I had picked up anything from a mailbox! I said to the official in the booth that I had never been asked that before and he said that people tend to 'forget' that it's still a purchase.

Joe Smith
(resort address)

Good to know. I've been thinking about ordering from some sites that won't ship to Canada. Glad to hear it's so easy.

Just as an FYI I went to Buffalo this week for a girlie day of shopping and fun and was surprised to be asked at the border if I had picked up anything from a mailbox! I said to the official in the booth that I had never been asked that before and he said that people tend to 'forget' that it's still a purchase.

Yes, I am in montreal and crossed over to plattsburg to get a box. I do it often, only once was I charged duty on it. It all depends who is at the border.

Hi!
I want to order things online from US suppliers & get them shipped to a Buffalo/ Niagara Falls location so I can pick up and bring back across the border versus paying the high shipping rates to ship to Canada.
Can anyone recommend places that do this & what their charges are. I wouldn't be doing this regularly.
Thanks for any help/ suggestions

We always take advantage of having stuff shipped to our Disney resort.

When were not in Orlando we use the UPS store on Military road.

They Charge $5 to accept the package and $1 per day storage for a normal sized package.

We use them all the time.

There's also Parcel Donkey.

Living in the Toronto area, I've been using a company that gives you a US address to ship to but actually delivers the products to their office in Mississauga. I still pay duty, taxes and a small delivery fee but it works out much cheaper than many US websites. Also, some companies like Amazon.com restrict deliveries to Canada for certain items which this service solves. An example of the savings is when I order items from The Disney Store online, they want to charge me $50+ US to deliver to Toronto. Through this service, the cost was $19 Canadian since Disney has free shipping over $75. The website is www.crossborderpickups.ca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter