Shipping merch home

Yes, and I sure do wish I had discovered that option earlier! I have no problems sending merchandise bacl tot eh resort during ou stay, btu that last minute shopping on departure day is a killer! I wish I knew that sending the gifts back home was as easy as it is, I never would have dragged one thing on the plane.

Absolutely! It just takes a couple of minutes at the shop checkout for them to complete the paperwork. The next time you'll see your precious purchases will be in the comfort of your own home. Another bonus: If you purchase something that is highly breakable and it gets damaged in shipping, Disney will be responsible for replacing it. Of course you pay for the convenience, but it's well worth it.

We have shipped things to our home several times with no problems . But be aware , it can be quite costly ! Best to ask how much the charges are before you start the process . We bought the monorail "train" systems which came in 4 large boxes and there was no way we could have packed those up to take on the airplane . Everything arrived at our home in perfect condition about 3 days after we got home .

I haven't used it yet but isn't this what the shop parks app is for? I plan on doing this when I'm there in May.

Super easy! We shipped pretty much everything (except food) last October trip. I don't know how much shipping cost, because at that time they were doing the promo of "ship free". We bought tons of breakable and some art pieces.

I haven't used it yet but isn't this what the shop parks app is for? I plan on doing this when I'm there in May.

You can use the app to make a purchase on your phone from anywhere. We're talking about physically shopping on WDW property. When you check out you pay an additional fee to have them pack & ship your stuff home. As I posted earlier, you won't see your stuff again until you return home and the delivery arrives.

As EmmasGrammy noted it is kind of pricey, but I think it's worth it. I have the Shop Disney Parks app but so far have only used it to browse the selection. Not sure what the shipping costs are via the app. I'd guess it's similar to disneystore.com--they often have deals where shipping if free if you purchase above a specified amount. Hope that helps! :earsboy:

You can use the app to make a purchase on your phone from anywhere. We're talking about physically shopping on WDW property.
So am I. From what I've read the app allows you to scan UPC codes and put them in a wish list or actually purchase it and ship it home. I've only read about it, not tried it. So if you see the toy monorail set and want to buy it, you should be able to scan it with the app and purchase there instead of hauling it to a register, and then putting it in a box to be shipped home

So am I. From what I've read the app allows you to scan UPC codes and put them in a wish list or actually purchase it and ship it home. I've only read about it, not tried it. So if you see the toy monorail set and want to buy it, you should be able to scan it with the app and purchase there instead of hauling it to a register, and then putting it in a box to be shipped home

Wow, you're way ahead of me:) That does sound pretty awesome!! Funny you would mention the monorail set. Years ago we bought some of the monorail accessories that came in HUGE boxes. This was the castle, Spaceship Earth, The Contemp and Poly hotel sets. There was no way we were going to schlep all that stuff on a plane, so we shipped it. There may have been some smaller items included, but I think the shipping was around $85--and this was probably in the late 90s. Still it was so worth it. The box the stuff was delivered in was big enough to contain an unassembled bicycle:earseek:

Thanks for taking the time to explain, and please let us know how it works for you.

I will as we plan on using it. Currently the app has free ground shipping for orders of $49 or more until 4/14. I think they run this promo often

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter