Shipping from Amazon.com to AKL

DisVillianMomma

I'm a Villians Girl
We are going down for two weeks end of december, I wanted to send down some food for us. Mainly snacks and drinks. To keep in our DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Help save some money on snacking.

I got a gift card from my work for amazon.com

So I was thinking of ordering stuff from Amazon and sending it straight to Animal Kingdom Lodge. That way i don't have to pay for shipping or anything else, but i wont know my room number or anything.

I need help, how do i do this. Just give them AKL address with my name on it. Do i need to talk to the front desk let them know a package is coming. Sorry I have never shipped anything to the resort before.

Thanks for any and all adivce

It's easy, just list the AKL address as the shipping address but have it shipped to your name "Care of" (C/O) the resort. It's best if you order it to arrive no more than a day before you plan to arrive.

Yep, I've done it. Very handy for a few Christmas decorations (or if you drop your phone and need a new screen protector because you're sure you'll do it again while on vacation). Sometimes drinks can be cheaper to just purchase in the gift shop as I find amazon's prices to be a bit high on water. Anyway, you don't need your room number, just put your name and check in date in the address field (some people put in their reservation number, I prefer the date). You also don't need to tell the front desk - it's very common and they won't do anything differently just because you told them. However, when you check-in, let them know you have a package. My experience has been that it takes an extra day for items to make it to the resort, so if I'm ordering with 2 day prime shipping, I allow for 3 days.

Here's the address for Kidani....

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
"insert guest name" CK IN XX/XX/XXXX
3701 OSCEOLA PKWY
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8445

I know others have said to ship to your name and c/o the resort, but I cut and pasted the above directly from when I last ordered from amazon and had no problems.

For a prime pantry box, it took about a week for mine to get there. I put the name the reservation is under, the hotel, and my reservation number. No issues receiving it once we got there. We also ordered something from amazon prime and received it no problem in two days.

We had a package delivered this week and they told me that everything goes to a central receiving site and you should allow an extra day. I'm not sure if this is true or not as my ups notification said that it was delivered to the front desk at AKL.

1) make sure you address it to kidani or jambo house, whichever is appropriate.

2) Packages sent USPS go to a central receiving place before they are delivered to the resort. Packages sent Fed Ex or UPS go straight to the resort.

3) i had a package shipped to Jambo. It goes to front desk, not Bell Services. You cannot call Bell Services from your room and ask them to deliver it to your room. I was told I had to go down to front desk. Once I got there, I could either carry it to my room myself or they would have a front desk runner bring it to my room.

4) no need to put arrival date or reservation number or room number on the package. i address it to:
Name of hotel
Hold for guest [my name]
Address of hotel

5) fed ex asks for phone number of recipient, so I always have it handy.

6) no need to notify the hotel ahead of time.

7) keep an eye on the tracking number so you know if it was delivered. I sometimes am told that the package has not arrived. I say yes it did. They look again and say, oh, there it is.

3) i had a package shipped to Jambo. It goes to front desk, not Bell Services. You cannot call Bell Services from your room and ask them to deliver it to your room. I was told I had to go down to front desk. Once I got there, I could either carry it to my room myself or they would have a front desk runner bring it to my room.

Our UPS package was delivered to our room this week. I had alerted them the day before it arrived that I was expecting something, but I did not call to request it to be brought when they came to our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter