Shipping boxes to the ship

Cooksonmom

Mouseketeer
Hey all! We leave for our first cruise EVER on November 18th and I have been in planning mode for weeks! I was wondering if anyone had ever shipped a box to the ship before your cruise. I was going to ship a few things, like sand toys and such, that might take up some suitcase space I might need. Anyone have any advise about this? Thanks!

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009
• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday).
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).
• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

Boxes to Send Home after Cruise - Information provided by Shirley
These guys are great and right off Highway 528 - Shipping Depot located at 211 Crockett Blvd, Suite 103, Merritt Island, Florida, Phone 321-453-2558, Fax 321-453-0161
Hours - Monday thru Friday 9 am - 6 pm, Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
Email - shippingdepot103@aol.com
If you DO NOT want to concern yourself with the carrying of ''stuff'' home that you have purchase or too much to take on the plane, you can take it over to their place of business or they will be more than glad to pick it up from Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral and they will ship anywhere and everywhere. They are UPS and FEDEX office. Owners are Raul and Dwane - super nice folks to work with and very accommodating to your shipping needs. Must mention this board for discount.

Thanks Kitster, I checked the FAQs and saw this but I was hoping someone who had actually shipped could tell me if it was worth it, what they shipped or if they had problems getting the package. I wasn't planning on sending anything too exotic, but I know some kids who would be mad if all the sand toys and door decor didn't make it to the ship! :rotfl:

Yes, have shipped boxes, always worked. One time out of 5 it wasn't in the stateroom and they had to hunt it down for me...BUT we had upgraded at the port, so I wasn't surprised.

I've shipped gifts for cruisemates and family and occasionally thrown in some of my stuff just to 'top off' the box. I really only use it for things that won't be coming home with me, as it is not easey (but not impossible) to ship stuff HOME. They do not want you to put food in the box, because we don't want the 'sniffer dogs' alerted and delay boarding!!

Thank you so much for posting this information. We will be cruising in Oct with our 6 month old son, and I was hoping to avoid packing a suitcase full of diapers!

When it says "12 inches" does that mean just one side is a foot in length? Does the box have to be a 12x12x12 square or can it be 12x20x? for example. Looking to ship this week and don't want all our diapers and wipes to be on shore!
Thanks kindly in advance,
K

I wouldnt pack essentials.... I shipped a box back in June (tracked it and everything) and it never showed up. Guest services tried to locate it and they couldn't.

A week after we got home I got my box back with a note in an envelope from DCL apologizing for losing my box saying it was misplaced in their warehouse and that they hoped even without my box that I still had a magical cruise.

Luckily it was just FE gifts and a cpl other things, but still:)

I know it isn't the norm, but your box could potentially not end up where it is supposed to.

When it says "12 inches" does that mean just one side is a foot in length? Does the box have to be a 12x12x12 square or can it be 12x20x? for example. Looking to ship this week and don't want all our diapers and wipes to be on shore!
Thanks kindly in advance,
K

That is a strange measurement (like a box that would hold record albums). The ones I have sent have been more rectangular (12/10/15 say). What's really important is the WEIGHT. (Well, I don't imagine they would want a lightweight 3 foot long box either.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter