Shipping a box home from AKL

jaimeadk

Mouseketeer
We are staying in Kidani at AKL. We have shipped a box of stuff down for our week. When we stayed at Boardwalk we went to the business center to ship our stuff back. Does anyone know where you go to UPS your box back from AKL? Thanks!

I just did this on April 9...

I went to the lobby concierge with my 30-lb box. I had it all taped and labeled and we were heading out for our breakfast at Boma. The CM informed me that they will no longer ship UPS unless I already have an account with them, or if I've printed up a pre-paid label:scared1:. Since neither applied, I asked them how I was supposed to get my box back home. The CM said that they use FedEx....but then it took her 20 minutes to figure that all out. I finally asked if I could leave the box with her so she could deal with it while we ate breakfast and I would stop back afterwards. When I returned, she said she'd given up on the whole FedEx thing and just shipped it UPS....charged to the resort:yay:! She said it was the least she could do for my patience. Awwww, that was so nice!

So, in summary...AKL probably will not ship your package UPS unless you set up an account with them before you leave home.

Okay...thanks for the info. So I just set up a UPS account. Do you think that will work? Anyone has any experience UPSing their box home with a UPS account?
Thanks!

I just did this on April 9...

I went to the lobby concierge with my 30-lb box. I had it all taped and labeled and we were heading out for our breakfast at Boma. The CM informed me that they will no longer ship UPS unless I already have an account with them, or if I've printed up a pre-paid label:scared1:. Since neither applied, I asked them how I was supposed to get my box back home. The CM said that they use FedEx....but then it took her 20 minutes to figure that all out. I finally asked if I could leave the box with her so she could deal with it while we ate breakfast and I would stop back afterwards. When I returned, she said she'd given up on the whole FedEx thing and just shipped it UPS....charged to the resort:yay:! She said it was the least she could do for my patience. Awwww, that was so nice!

So, in summary...AKL probably will not ship your package UPS unless you set up an account with them before you leave home.

The same thing happened to me on my March trip...she told me they use fedex and ended up shipping ups, because after several minutes of waiting for fedex to work , she gave up and just shipped ups!

We are staying in Kidani at AKL. We have shipped a box of stuff down for our week. When we stayed at Boardwalk we went to the business center to ship our stuff back. Does anyone know where you go to UPS your box back from AKL? Thanks!

I guess this won't help you this time, but this is what we have done: When we went to the UPS store to ship our box down, we paid for the return label at that time. So on our last day we put the pre-paid label on our box and left it with bell services.

This was a year and a half ago, but UPS didn't make us set up an account or anything, we just paid for the label and were done with it.

I'll be sure to check that it's the same before November!

I guess this won't help you this time, but this is what we have done: When we went to the UPS store to ship our box down, we paid for the return label at that time. So on our last day we put the pre-paid label on our box and left it with bell services.

This was a year and a half ago, but UPS didn't make us set up an account or anything, we just paid for the label and were done with it.

I'll be sure to check that it's the same before November!

If you have the pre-printed (pre-paid) label, you can still ship it UPS from the resort. I thought about doing that this last time, but we had no idea how much we'd be shipping back. Our box was 40 pounds going down but only 30 pounds going back. That's because we'd packed food that we consumed while we were there. (Oh, and I know where the 10 pounds went:lmao:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter