Shipboard Credit

kty

Mouseketeer
Is there any way to prepay for shipboard credit prior to the cruise? I think it would be kinda neat if you could build up a credit prior to arriving on the ship.
It may not be possible due to cancellations, etc. but just thought I would ask.
(kind of like making payments toward the cruise, what about payments towards shipboard credit)
thanks

Hi!! We transferred our money from our savings into our checking. Then I would call Disney and give them our Visa check card number. We had $1100 on our shipboard credit. It worked out very nice because we didnt want to have to charge everything and we really didnt want to carry around that much cash!!

hjensen said:
Hi!! We transferred our money from our savings into our checking. Then I would call Disney and give them our Visa check card number. We had $1100 on our shipboard credit. It worked out very nice because we didnt want to have to charge everything and we really didnt want to carry around that much cash!!

We wanted to put $2,000 on our account. So we called DCL and they were so nice....took all the information and then they said what do we want to put on the card. I said "CARD?"..."Yes" she replied..."You have to have a card sent to the room..." So I thought for a moment and I said:

To: Me
Love: Me

That was my card...the DCL agent and I both had a good laugh!!
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

so you just called an put it on your account? what happens if there is money left over?
do you know of anyway to do this online? kind of like when they let you make cruise payments if you choose.

kty said:
so you just called an put it on your account? what happens if there is money left over?
do you know of anyway to do this online? kind of like when they let you make cruise payments if you choose.

Believe it or not, we had money left over...like $250. It was credited back to my credit card from Disney.....I did not even have to ask, it just happened. I loved not having to worry about money while on vacation..

You must call DCL 800# or fax in a request you can print from the site. No online for this yet......the person that helped me was awesome!!

Good luck :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

If you have birthdays or holidays before your cruise.....friends and family can put money on your room credit too! They need your reservations number (I believe) and they just call DCL and buy it on their charge/debit card....$25 minimum. The last stateroom credit received by Disney is the first one refunded if you don't spend it all. So if Aunt Mary gives you a $50 stateroom credit 'gift' right before you cruise, and you don't use it, Aunt Mary will get the refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter