SHIP QUESTION?

gayles

DIS Veteran
If we wanted to Surprise Kid's -- We are Staying at the Raddison night Before ---- Can you see the Ship (Dream) from hotel - or can the Surpise be when we pull into Port & they See big Ship --- we will take their Picture ..
tyia

If we wanted to Surprise Kid's -- We are Staying at the Raddison night Before ---- Can you see the Ship (Dream) from hotel - or can the Surpise be when we pull into Port & they See big Ship --- we will take their Picture ..
tyia

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites which is next door to the Raddison. You'd have to be on the side of the hotel that faces the port, then know right where to look. We were able to watch the Fantasy sail past because she was hours late due to Hurricane Sandy. Otherwise we would have been asleep. After she docked, we could still see her, but not up close and personal. Your kids might not be able to recognize her as the Mickey boat -- lots of buildings and other ships in the way.

In other words, I would save the surprise for when you pull into port.

From the hotel itself I don't think you can see the ships in port. From the parking lot turning onto the roadway yes. I know CIS you can see the ships from some rooms. The road that leads into the port area you actually pass the ships then make a uturn behind the Dream before pulling into the terminal. The cat would be out of the bag as soon as you pass her the first time. Though you could come up with something creative like saying that your going to a character breakfast in the terminal or something like that.

I'd go with what Truck said. Just tell them you have special reservations for lunch/late breakfast on the ship. Then tell them that the reservations are actually for breakfast every day on the ship. You can see the ships from afar as you drive in, regardless of what hotel. Just cruising down Astronaut Blvd. will usually put them in line of sight for some of the ships from certain points. Depending on what time you get to the Radisson, you might see ships in port as you roll in across the bridge from the mainland into Cape Canaveral. After 5ish they should be gone unless there's one there late for a port call in Canaveral.

Also you can take the bridge south of there onto Cocoa and then drive north to the hotel. If you take the bridge right there at the ports you can see the ships for sure. It is going to be hard to hide a Disney ship, they are so massive and awesome looking! A few weeks ago we watched the Dream sail away from the beach on Cocoa. Beautiful!

Getting in the night before they won't see your ship. They likely won't see any ships b/c they'll all have gone earlier. Your ship will get in early in the morning of embarkation for you.

But there's a long lead time for seeing glimpses of the port and the ships there. They play peekaboo as you close in on it. They might even see other ships and get excited about those. (I know that I love the look of Royal's ships FAR more than I like the old-fashioned look of the Disney ships)

We watched a show about Disney ships, specifically the Wonder, a few weeks before we went to Florida. I told our daughters we were going to a restaurant. As we drove, we could see the Wonder. I suggested we drive by it for a closer look at "that ship we saw on tv." When we pulled up, a porter asked if we were there for a cruise. Our girls said "No." I said "Yes." They were pretty excited!

We watched a show about Disney ships, specifically the Wonder, a few weeks before we went to Florida. I told our daughters we were going to a restaurant. As we drove, we could see the Wonder. I suggested we drive by it for a closer look at "that ship we saw on tv." When we pulled up, a porter asked if we were there for a cruise. Our girls said "No." I said "Yes." They were pretty excited!

That's actually a pretty cool way to do it. Just see if they want to drive by and see the ship before going out for an early lunch, then just roll on in. I like this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter