Ship a box of food OR buy from on-line grocery store???

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
Which is better? We leave next week, so I have to decide fast. I'm leaning toward on-line grocery store (that delivers) because we will need a gallon of milk in the room.

If your buying milk, you might as well have them buy everything else while your there. And I see your a CSR...you might want to reconsider a gallon of milk and get two 1/2 gallons instead to help with space.

yellowfish78 said:
If your buying milk, you might as well have them buy everything else while your there. And I see your a CSR...you might want to reconsider a gallon of milk and get two 1/2 gallons instead to help with space.
I guess that means the frig. is pretty small!! Thanks for the tip!!

We always use the towncar service that will allow a grocery stop. I really like being able to pick out my own groceries/toiletries. Then there is no risk of getting the wrong stuff and I know how much things really cost.

The drivers are never in a hurry and will sometimes take my wife and kids to drive through a fast food place nearby while I shop. We always seem to fly through a meal time and the kids are always hungry!

I am debating on the same thing! But we don't go till Nov!LOL
Last time we went we shipped things down and it worked out great. Keep in mind that at CSR the fridge is small. It won't fit a gallon of milk. I assume you want to fit other things in there too so try to keep in mind the size of the fridge when ordering or packing groceries. I would also say that if you need milk then I would probably use the online grocery service. The ones most popular on these boards ar wegoshop.com, netgrocer.com and goodings.com. They all have a service charge, some more than others. I will probably use goodings because I need milk too and we will be in a 1 bedroom with full kitchen.
I found some pics on allearsnet.com of a fridge in a mod, it's from POR:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/por22.jpg
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/por23.jpg

You'd probably do fine either way, but keep in mind that you can always buy milk at the resort store.

We have used wegoshop. You provide them with a very specific list of what you want and they will go to the store you request. I was very pleased with the service.

who do you use for the town car service and what is the price?

njco said:
who do you use for the town car service and what is the price?

Check out the Transportation Forum and look for town car service threads. I used one last year and really thought it was great - we made a stop at Publix and got all of our groceries in 20 minutes. It cost about $100 round trip to the airport - we had four adults who split the cost four ways, so it was very economical for us.

If you do decide to ship a box of food, you can always buy your milk at your resort store. They have quart size bottles that fit great in the small fridges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter