Shingles Lucky I guess

For those of you that had it, what was your very first clue? I have a painful rash that just appeared today and I suspect it may be shingles. Lord, I hope it isn't cause ain't nobody got time for that!!
Call your doctor to see if it is shingles so that you can get a prescription for the right antiviral for you. Starting the meds quickly can significantly cut down on your recovery time.

For those of you that had it, what was your very first clue? I have a painful rash that just appeared today and I suspect it may be shingles. Lord, I hope it isn't cause ain't nobody got time for that!!
Defiantly go to doctor right away. I called to doctor and told them my symptoms and they had me come in that afternoon.
The sooner you start the meds the better if it is shingles. Sounds like it.

Pain then light rash was my first sign. Went to Dr that day. It was the weirdest thing and I was losing my mind at what it could be. Mine was on my right side of my chest. The pain was bearable, but super uncomfortable for sleeping. Had to kind of wrap my chest in my pillows so it was cushioned. Meds kicked in in a few days. Still some.weird nerve things off and on 2.5 years later. I was only 42 at the time...Dr said I was young for it.

Pain then light rash was my first sign. Went to Dr that day. It was the weirdest thing and I was losing my mind at what it could be. Mine was on my right side of my chest. The pain was bearable, but super uncomfortable for sleeping. Had to kind of wrap my chest in my pillows so it was cushioned. Meds kicked in in a few days. Still some.weird nerve things off and on 2.5 years later. I was only 42 at the time...Dr said I was young for it.
I'm in my 40s, too. This sounds a lot like I'm feeling. I may do a virtual visit this weekend to see. It seems a bit better pain wise, but still there.

I'm in my 40s, too. This sounds a lot like I'm feeling. I may do a virtual visit this weekend to see. It seems a bit better pain wise, but still there.
If shingles most likely it will spread.
I had a little spot start on my back. Next day it was a little bigger. Pain was not bad.
next morning it was visibly spreading. (only to one side. that is what shingles does) Pain a bit more and only on same side as rash.. That's when I called the doctor. They had me come in right away to verify but they already knew. The meds are not a cure. They stop the progression.
On a side note That was last year. I just got my second shingle shot last week.

So how bad is the pain exactly for Shingles with stubbed toe being a 5 and can't move crawling on belly to the bathroom being a 10?

Anyone use lidocaine for it or did you just ride it out? No idea why no-one puts lidocaine on chicken pox & bug bites to stop scratching and prevent infections from scratching.

I don't want shingles but only know one real life person who ever had it so not thinking that elective shots are in my wheelhouse. Some of these social media spectacles just feel like a giant ad campaign, it's all just too much.

So how bad is the pain exactly for Shingles with stubbed toe being a 5 and can't move crawling on belly to the bathroom being a 10?

Anyone use lidocaine for it or did you just ride it out? No idea why no-one puts lidocaine on chicken pox & bug bites to stop scratching and prevent infections from scratching.

I don't want shingles but only know one real life person who ever had it so not thinking that elective shots are in my wheelhouse. Some of these social media spectacles just feel like a giant ad campaign, it's all just too much.
Mine is just a small area that is tingly, burning, and painful. Since mine is mild, only about a 4.

My provider gave me an antiviral. For cream, she said OTC - cortisone, benadryl, etc. But she also said CBD oil is the best.

ETA: everyone I know whose had shingles got the vaccine as soon as they could after and wished they'd have done it already.

I haven’t gotten shingles yet, but I’ve known several people who have. My mother-in-law ended up being hospitalized with it and it was probably a 12 on the pain scale. She couldn’t sleep, barely ate, had a hard time taking big breaths. DH’s grandfather had damage to his left eye from shingles. My father had a more mild case, but he still described it as being extremely painful (although he’s a pain tolerance wimp lol) My mother developed internal shingles and said it was very painful.

I hear you on the elective shots, however this is one I will be getting (and I’m making DH get it as well)

My Dr's have mentioned it a few times but sort of feel there is already quite enough I need to take care of as it is, whole issue just doesn't make it to my radar.

Honestly, the powers that be really need to help people prioritize because I am pro but the relentless onslaught of Pharma to Person marketing is making me resistant. This has got to be an issue, I can't imagine this is helping people on the fence or helping people who do not like the fence consider climbing up onto the fence for a better look.

There needs to be a barrier between the Pharmas and people. I remember when we didn't have direct advertising, it was prohibited, then starting maybe 15 years back as a society we tried the direct messaging with TV advertisements, and now it seems like it is doing more harm than good IMO.

For myself I find myself just swatting the direct to me advertisements away like King Kong, and maybe some should be getting through, but I find myself just wanting the commercials to zip it. Now I focus on the side effects compared to the problem as a form of amusement:
Don't want wrinkles, take this and get relentless IBD so you can't leave the house, but you will look good on Zoom to the people you will never be able to meet.

Okiedokie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter