• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shhhh.....don't tell!

That was not that bad a food report - the major one is they didn't like the 7 day labels (but the food was only 1-2 days old at time of inspection).

Why is this an obnoxious post? I'm just having fun and wondering if others find a rarely-spoken about eatery and keep it to themselves? What's obnoxious about that?
WDW has some great restaurants and some real humdingers, and yet all pretty expensive. When we stumble across one that is a big hit and surprisingly lesser traveled, we are thrilled.

I've enjoyed this thread and loved reading the comments. And also learned about a few places that I now want to try! I agree about GF cafe. It's a stellar little place to eat and we can usually find a table. I love their cranberry orange pecan pancakes!

I'll happily say mine lol. We really liked Nine Dragons even though it seems like not many others do.
We had always avoided Nine Dragons due to the bad reviews it gets here on the Dis. A few trips ago we had to change plans last minute and that had availability in Epcot so we decided WTH and tried it. It was one of our favorite meals of the trip. The restaurant was crowded-- the decor was lovely. And our food was good. That's one reason I don't take much stock in other people reviews any more.

Yes...this one is. I think of The Wave and Maya Grill as well.

As far as some others mentioned...Tonys is one of the worst, truly. Garden Grill was not that great. And 9 Dragons was also pretty bad. All just my opinion.
Shhhhhhhhh. :ssst: We dont want the word to get around that The Wave is awesome. Then it'll be hard to get an ADR! Really though, its ridiculous how much I like it there. I ate there 3 times last trip. :lmao: im a huge fan.

And I agree, tony's is truly the worst. But hey, different strokes. Im happy for the people who are able to find a delicious meal there. And honestly GG breakfast is awesome. Love it a lot. Hidden Gem. :D

Why is this an obnoxious post? I'm just having fun and wondering if others find a rarely-spoken about eatery and keep it to themselves? What's obnoxious about that?
WDW has some great restaurants and some real humdingers, and yet all pretty expensive. When we stumble across one that is a big hit and surprisingly lesser traveled, we are thrilled.

I've enjoyed this thread and loved reading the comments. And also learned about a few places that I now want to try! I agree about GF cafe. It's a stellar little place to eat and we can usually find a table. I love their cranberry orange pecan pancakes!

"I have a secret and I'm not telling. Nah nah nah nah nah nah."

That's why this is an obnoxious post.

If you aren't going to share your find, just don't say anything at all.

You really think sharing it on this discussion board is going to make it so popular, you will never be able to get an ADR again? Please. This community is not that big.

You really think sharing it on this discussion board is going to make it so popular, you will never be able to get an ADR again? Please. This community is not that big.

I think the OP and others were just having fun with it?

Over the years we have basically narrowed it down to a few we like and fortunately for us they seem to be available when we try to book them. Our must do's are La Hacienda, Via Nappoli, Tokyo Dinning and Yak and Yeti. We do at least two every trip and mix in some new ones. We have also seen the rise and fall of different ones. Le Cellier was a very popular at one time but now seems to always be available. We use to always do Wolfgang Puck's but have not been there in several years. I love Raglan Road but the wife, not so much. I would say La Hacienda is the one we always do but never San Angel. Being from Texas La Hacienda is closer to our Tex Mex and we love it! Trying Frontera Cocina the Rick Bayless place this time as well and will let you know how that one is.

This community might not be that big, but I know at least 4 other people who go to Disney who I would tell for sure. :duck:

We had always avoided Nine Dragons due to the bad reviews it gets here on the Dis. A few trips ago we had to change plans last minute and that had availability in Epcot so we decided WTH and tried it. It was one of our favorite meals of the trip. The restaurant was crowded-- the decor was lovely. And our food was good. That's one reason I don't take much stock in other people reviews any more.
We have basically stopped looking at reviews because we usually don't like the more popular restaurants. We tried Ohana and Tusker House last trip and we weren't extremely happy with either. Tusker House was one of the worst we have ever done.

Yep, yep....those are right. :flower:

Seriously though...the first night, we thought this 'unnamed' place was great but probably a fluke.

The second time we went (last week) it was amazing and we tend to always eat at expensive chef-owned boutiquey type eateries in the city, so we were surprised at the quality of the food and preparation. We went back again within 48 hours and had a wonderful meal again. In fact, I ordered a rarely ordered entree and it was the best I have ever had in that category. I find myself thinking about it all the time. :lovestruc.

We've eaten at vic & Al's multiple times, California Grill ( they don't know how to cook a steak) and so many others. Wow..this one stood out. There are now two places on property that are standout and rise above the rest. Only wish I could share. :rolleyes:

I must know this secret place you mention.

Yep, yep....those are right. :flower:

Seriously though...the first night, we thought this 'unnamed' place was great but probably a fluke.

The second time we went (last week) it was amazing and we tend to always eat at expensive chef-owned boutiquey type eateries in the city, so we were surprised at the quality of the food and preparation. We went back again within 48 hours and had a wonderful meal again. In fact, I ordered a rarely ordered entree and it was the best I have ever had in that category. I find myself thinking about it all the time. :lovestruc.

We've eaten at vic & Al's multiple times, California Grill ( they don't know how to cook a steak) and so many others. Wow..this one stood out. There are now two places on property that are standout and rise above the rest. Only wish I could share. :rolleyes:

I must know this secret place you mention.

Kona?

I agree. Why bother saying anything at all? We are all a community to share with one another.

Meanwhile, I wasn't going to post because I don't like the confrontational style of threads, however.... I'd LOVE to share my secret spots (not that they are truly a secret?). Nah nah nah nah, NAH....

The WAVE (Contemporary)- so good, well underrated. Awesome kids meals too. I love that it has a lounge with TVs so the kids can watch while waiting, plus there's a great adult bar area with a 'scene'.
SANAA (at Kidani Village) - also so so good! LOVVVVE the flat breads. OMG I could eat those daily! And not expensive. Not cheap either, but what is?
JIKO (AKL): Very expensive but absolutely delicious. Every, single, thing. Plus I like sitting at the bar there.

*I agree that the restaurant in 'China' is great. We just never eat there because we live in Manhattan and well, there's Chinese food ALL OVER the place here.
*Kona also awesome.
*We LOVE the Mara by the pool at AKL

I agree. Why bother saying anything at all? We are all a community to share with one another.

Meanwhile, I wasn't going to post because I don't like the confrontational style of threads, however.... I'd LOVE to share my secret spots (not that they are truly a secret?). Nah nah nah nah, NAH....

The WAVE (Contemporary)- so good, well underrated. Awesome kids meals too. I love that it has a lounge with TVs so the kids can watch while waiting, plus there's a great adult bar area with a 'scene'.
SANAA (at Kidani Village) - also so so good! LOVVVVE the flat breads. OMG I could eat those daily! And not expensive. Not cheap either, but what is?
JIKO (AKL): Very expensive but absolutely delicious. Every, single, thing. Plus I like sitting at the bar there.

*I agree that the restaurant in 'China' is great. We just never eat there because we live in Manhattan and well, there's Chinese food ALL OVER the place here.
*Kona also awesome.
*We LOVE the Mara by the pool at AKL
Thanks for sharing ;)

The great thing about wave is that its nice a cool and quiet in there. After 5-6 hours in Magic Kingdom on a hot July day its a great little hour break from it all (and quick monorail trip from MK).

The great thing about wave is that its nice a cool and quiet in there. After 5-6 hours in Magic Kingdom on a hot July day its a great little hour break from it all (and quick monorail trip from MK).

Our fave day of every trip is our "Wave" dinner, followed by Pirate and Pal dessert party !

Love the Wave !!

One of the best meals I’ve had, if not the best is at a DVC resort, but that’s as far as I’ll go and it has not been mentioned yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter