Shhh!! It’s a Surprise – Chapter 21: The Things I’ve Learned

Growin'upDisney

<font color=blue>I've been to Disney since I was k
Cast of Characters

Me = Tausha
DH = Chris aka Panda
DM = Julie (my mom)
DSF = Erick (my stepfather) aka Dude

I now know why it takes so long to finish a complete trip report.

Because ending the trip report is like finally putting the entire vacation behind you. (Except for that scrapbook I keep telling myself to get started on - but I am not holding my breath)

Once the trip report is done there are no more reasons to try to remember every tiny detail of the trip. Sure the high points will stick in my mind but it’s the little things that really made this trip so special.

In the end I must admit that every second of planning, secrecy, and agonizing over every detail was more than worth it. We truly had a wonderful time and DH’s 30th birthday was something he or I will never forget.

I learned a lot along the way this trip.

I learned that my first trip back in 2000 didn’t even scratch the surface of everything WDW had to offer. We had approached the World as we would Disneyland and you just can’t do that at WDW.

I learned there is no way to compare WDW to DL. They are two entirely different pieces of Walt’s imagination. DL is the young infant learning its way where WDW is the adult who has wisdom and learned from its youth.

I learned that I must plan to visit WDW more often. My goal will be every other year when we have children. No child should ever go very long without a trip to the place where dreams come true. I learned I want my children to believe in the magic.

I learned most of the state of Michigan drives down to Disney in January.

I learned that concierge is one of the greatest perks of a Deluxe resort. I dare say it would be hard to ever stay anywhere on Disney property and not stay at the concierge level of a Deluxe resort.

I learned that Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge are likely to be our next resorts.

I learned that WDW has some of the best restaurants and food I have ever had the pleasure to partake of.

I learned the front of the Monorail is the only way to ride.

I learned that the best seats at Fantasmic are not in the front row.

I learned Ohana does mean family and deep down inside I think my family is descendent from ancient Hawaiians or Polynesians. Because we certainly love just about everything that has to do with Hawaii or Polynesia.

I learned DH is one persistent pin trader and thinks of me above all else.

I learned My Pal Mickey is cute for about 15 minutes and then annoying the rest of the time.

I learned that traveling by boat around the World is the best mode of transportation.

I learned that The Disney philosophy of taking care of their guests is still very much alive. We were treated like royalty at almost every turn and think that Disney CM’s are a truly unique bunch of people.

I learned that if you want a recipe from any restaurant just ask and they will go print it out for you. I also learned that no matter how hard you try to duplicate the recipe when you get back home, it’s never quite exactly like it was at WDW. Must be something in their water!!J

I learned that Chip & Dale will now forever be Chuck and Dave thanks to a sweet little girl whom I have never met but feel like I know.

I learned that Canadians know more about US geography than probably 80% of Americans.

I learned that Florida is not always sunny and warm and that the weather can dip well into the 30’s in January.

I learned DH and Dude can drive really fast in a circle.

I learned Beavertails are indeed worth the wait.

I learned Universal Studios is fun but doesn’t compare to Disney.

I learned having a handy dandy Worksheet Itinerary is good to have but I also learned that spontaneity is a good thing.

And last but not least, I learned that my family is very special. They wanted to surprise DH with this trip just as much as I did. And I learned that they appreciated all the hard work I put into the planning. I learned just how much fun I have with them and how much they care about me.

Thank you everyone for all of your help, information, expertise, kind words, and wisdom. Thank you for your stories, you critiques, and your interest in my story.

I have found an extended Disney family that includes each of you and hope it stays that way for many, many more visits to come.

Ah TGB,

Your trip report brought a smile to my lips and this report brought a tear to my cheek. What a wonderful vacation.

And I can't thank you enough for sharing. I really hope my sil enjoys the RPDE as much as Dude and Panda....

And thanks for the thumbs up for Poly CL level... I just can't wait....

I'm down to 245 days......

You are a great wife and a wonderful writer. Thanks for the vicarious trip, it was exciting and thrilling to ride along with you and the wonderful things you got to do.

Penny

:wave2: Yeah....what they said.....and more. Thanks for the memories.

A great ending for a great trip report. I really enjoyed them.

Bravo! I hate to see your report come to an end. You did a really special thing for your husband! Thanks for sharing your memories with the rest of us.

Katy Belle

I have so enjoyed reading about your trip. (and so has DH, he just won't say so :D ) I agree with so much in this last chapter-and you are right about going every other year when you have kids. We have done this since DD#1 was 17 mos. old and this December we will be taking baby #4 (not due for another 6 weeks) for her first visit, so it can and should be done.
You are a terrific writer and have a very lucky DH!

How well said, I am now going to go read your trip reports. your writing is beautiful. thank you.
Penny (the other one aka Chaos Cent)
:wave:

Thank you for the great report! I followed you every step of the way.

I'm looking forward to your next trip, just so I can read your trip report!!!!

Kelly (A Canadian who knows American geography... )

Thanks Irish Kelley.:wave: I have decide to teach myself Canadian geography. If there is any justice in the world the next time I play WWTBAM-PI the fastest finger will be a Canadian geography question!!

Edmonton - that's in Alberta correct??

Wonderful, just wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to write these trip reports. It has been so much fun experiencing the World through your family's experience. ::yes::

Thanks so much for your report! I've been reading in bits and pieces for the past week or so, and I'll miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter