Shh! Don't tell them we're going back! May 2012 (updated 4/25)

Good looking ADRs! We've eaten at some of your places, and there are others we've never tried. Kona---Definitely one of our favorites! :)

Oh Kona. :lovestruc We had an interesting dinner there. It started with my dd16's smoothie spilling all over the seat (mostly between us, but some did get on us) and it got all over my stylish fanny pack. :lmao:

The glass fell to the floor and when I picked it up, I noticed that the bottom of the stem was broke. I held it by the top of the stem and told the waiter that it was broken on the bottom. Well, he reached out and grabbed it from the bottom! :confused3 He cut himself. :sad2:

Even with all that, we had a wonderful dinner. Needless to say, we left a larger than normal tip. :eek:

Terri

OMG I haven't eaten dinner yet and that food looks delicious (esp the baked mac n cheese from Chefs de France). We are doing the QSDP this time around and doing one OOP TS meal at SCI-FI.

Thanks for posting the link to your PTR on our facebook page - I'm looking forward to following along.

We love Chefs in France - my girls and I are going the first week of April and that is one of the main things that they want to do while we are there. Of course they have this obsession with escargots as well :thumbsup2

We are doing Liberty Tree when we go in May/June - I've never been and love trying new places.

Oh - and we are homeschoolers as well :)

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Oops - hit enter too soon ;)

I am so with you on the Potato Leek soup at Rose and Crown - it was my favorite! And the appetizer that you pictured - delish!!

Subscribing from the fb group! OMG I had no idea the Potato and Leek soup is not at Rose and Crown anymore! I'm devastated!!!! :sad1:

Thanks for posting the link to your PTR on our facebook page - I'm looking forward to following along.

We love Chefs in France - my girls and I are going the first week of April and that is one of the main things that they want to do while we are there. Of course they have this obsession with escargots as well :thumbsup2

We are doing Liberty Tree when we go in May/June - I've never been and love trying new places.

Oh - and we are homeschoolers as well :)

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Wow, another homeschooler!! :cool1: We went to Chefs de France last year and I got the toasted ham and cheese sandwich. It was really good too, but DD16 got the mac and cheese, which was fantastic!!

Oops - hit enter too soon ;)

I am so with you on the Potato Leek soup at Rose and Crown - it was my favorite! And the appetizer that you pictured - delish!!

Subscribing from the fb group! OMG I had no idea the Potato and Leek soup is not at Rose and Crown anymore! I'm devastated!!!! :sad1:

I cannot tell you how sad I am that they do not have that soup! :sad1: I had those little, bitty bowls of the soup last time, and have been WAITING to go back and have a big bowl of it. That was what I wanted. Now I have to rethink what to order. :confused3

SNACKS!!

Now it is time to talk about snacks! Oh, the wonderful snacks that are available at Disney.. :love:popcorn:::lovestruc (I put the popcorn one in, since my family loves popcorn...but sadly, I cannot eat it. :sad1:

Some snacks that I am looking forward to are....

bakery-cinnamon-roll-cross-section.jpg

Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls :love::love:

Dole-Whip-Swirl-e1280337317384.jpg

Dole Whips! (I prefer the vanilla/pineapple swirl) :lovestruc

(by the way, I borrowed those pictures from google images. Apparently I was too busy eating them last year, to take pictures! :lmao:

Also, Cloudberry Horn, anything from the french bakery, and Karamell Kuche!

Hi there! I came over from the Facebook group and am loving your PTR. Your countdown calendar is super cute, and your food pics (especially the one of the cinnamon roll) are making me drool.

Keep the updates coming! :thumbsup2

I love your countdown calendar! Mine's not nearly as fancy, but I used smaller posterboard.

LIFE UPDATE!!

This is a life update! The last couple of days have been crazy!! My oldest left today to visit family in Oregon. I have spent the last couple of days running around to get things ready for her.

She has had a job since October and has been really, REALLY frugal with her money. It is so funny to see her say she wants something and then when I mention that she could get it with her money, she decides she doesn't want it that much.

Don't get me wrong, we do not make her pay for everything now that she has a job. But If she is willing to pay for it herself, I know she really wants it. Many times, I will end up paying for it after all.
Well, she really wanted to get her hair cut and colored. But she wanted to go to this very fancy, expensive salon. I told her I would give her the amount I would have paid for a hair cut at an average place. (here that is about $40) She had to pay the rest. She also was responsible for any product she would need to this new cut/color. (of course not counting basics like shampoo, conditioner, etc.)

Here is the before picture...
127.jpg

Awww isn't she cute!

Here is the after pictures!
128.jpg

129.jpg

She looks so much older!!

We went shopping after and I was surprised by the looks and responses of some people. It is just hair. And while our kids are no angels, they are good girls. Sure I get the teen attitude at times and she will occasionally try to get away with doing chores half-a**ed. Oh, and the eye rolls.... One time she rolled her eyes at me and I said "Don't you roll your eyes at me!!" and she (with a straight face) looked me right in the face and said, "I didn't, I just looked at the ceiling and then at the floor!"
After I finished laughing and wiped the tears from my face, I just had to give her a hug. (of course now this is a long running family joke!)

I feel it is my job to foster my children's creativity. Hair is a safe, non-permanent way to express her individuality. I mean really, it will grow out.
My youngest is having a hard time with sissy gone. We are trying to focus on our Disney trip.

I am going to start with my plans next!!

Her new haircut looks fabulous!

I so agree with the sentiment that "it's just hair!" My oldest often has a blue streak in her hair. But she has to pay for that - and with all the swimming that she does, it fades really quickly. I actually like it when the blue fades - the part that is bleached looks pretty with her hair :thumbsup2

Hi! Followed your PTR link from your comment on mine.

I think your daughter's haircut is nice! I know when I was that age I wanted to do something like that, just didn't have the guts. :rotfl:

I laughed when I read that your youngest didn't want to stay anywhere but Pop this time around, because I can see the resort being so appealing to kids (and adults, of course.:laughing:). A few months ago, I asked my DH where he'd want to stay when we had kids, and without blinking, he replied, "Why, Pop, of course." Your DD just reinforced my husband's reasoning.:goodvibes

Those snack pictures you posted look so good! There's not much better on a WDW vacation than eating a Dole whip...:love:

Can't wait to read more!

Hair is an accessory (at least that's my way of looking at it). Hair color can be recolored, hair can be chopped off and regrown. It's fun to change it up every now and then.

I think her hair looks fantastic! :thumbsup2 It's sassy, young, and it has a slight attitude to it. Just like her age group! Are her streaks blue or purple? They're so subtle it's hard to tell. Has she gotten used to seeing herself with shorter hair yet?

Her new haircut looks fabulous!

I so agree with the sentiment that "it's just hair!" My oldest often has a blue streak in her hair. But she has to pay for that - and with all the swimming that she does, it fades really quickly. I actually like it when the blue fades - the part that is bleached looks pretty with her hair :thumbsup2

It is blue (Atlantic Blue). It is almost the exact color of her eyes. She was thinking of a brighter blue, but the stylist suggested this color. She wants the haircut to be center stage, so to speak. I agree with you about the bleached part. Last year she had some purple streaks and it looked good when it faded too!

Hi! Followed your PTR link from your comment on mine.

I think your daughter's haircut is nice! I know when I was that age I wanted to do something like that, just didn't have the guts. :rotfl:

I laughed when I read that your youngest didn't want to stay anywhere but Pop this time around, because I can see the resort being so appealing to kids (and adults, of course.:laughing:). A few months ago, I asked my DH where he'd want to stay when we had kids, and without blinking, he replied, "Why, Pop, of course." Your DD just reinforced my husband's reasoning.:goodvibes

Those snack pictures you posted look so good! There's not much better on a WDW vacation than eating a Dole whip...:love:

Can't wait to read more!

Oh, yes. DD8 is in love with Pop! The oldest wouldn't mind staying somewhere else, but when it came down to staying at Pop for longer or somewhere else for less time, she also chose Pop. :lmao:

I am so looking forward to the dole whip. I made a rookie mistake last year and got ONE for all FOUR of us to share! :sad2: I don't know what I was thinking! :confused3 I told my family that this year, we get our own, or at least 2 for us to share! :lmao:

Hair is an accessory (at least that's my way of looking at it). Hair color can be recolored, hair can be chopped off and regrown. It's fun to change it up every now and then.

I think her hair looks fantastic! :thumbsup2 It's sassy, young, and it has a slight attitude to it. Just like her age group! Are her streaks blue or purple? They're so subtle it's hard to tell. Has she gotten used to seeing herself with shorter hair yet?

The streaks are blue. It was really funny after her haircut, she said she could feel her hair bouncing as she walked. :rotfl: I think it will take her a while to get use to it.

The next morning she had to get up at 3:30am to catch a plane to Oregon. She walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, and then walked out. She said it looks great just how it is. Oh, how I wish bed head was in when I was in school! :lmao:

OK. Time to get serious.....about our plans!!

April 29th - Arrival Day!:banana:

The PLAN is to have the vehicle pretty much packed and ready the night before. (This did not work out last year. ) :rolleyes1 DH and I will get up at 5am :eek: and finish any last minute things.
We will be packing a lunch to bring with us, since we had such a hard time finding somewhere to eat last year.

I will wake up DD16 at 5:30am and DD8 at about 5:45am. We will, hopefully be out the door by 6:30am. :drive:

We are leaving from
north-carolina-road-map.gif

North Carolina.

We will most likely stop and get a bite to eat before we leave town. Last year we stopped here...
IMG_8291.jpg

This was the first time we have eaten breakfast at Bojangles. It was pretty good. (We don't really eat fast food) ** I will be doing a dining report after this trip as well.

Then we will make our way to..
i95nc-us301-1976.jpg

And, as we get closer to the South Carolina border, we will start to see things like this...
800px-south_of_the_border_sign_10_-_you_never_sausage_a_place.jpg

:lmao::rotfl:

And then this....
border_sign.jpg

Last year was the first time we had traveled south and we were surprised by the South of the Border. It is so funny. we may have to actually stop there this year.

Last year DD8 would ask us every hour if we had passed this yet.
IMG_8298.jpg

I thought it was hilarious that with all the money we were spending on Disney, she was so worried that we would miss the Florida Welcome Center and the free OJ! :confused3:rotfl2:

After a few more hours we will stop in St. Augustine at the Disney outlet there. (We found some great deals last year!) Then it will be time for this.
orlando-highway-sign.jpg
:goodvibes

Then we will be on the lookout for this BEAUTIFUL sign.
IMG_8301.jpg

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:
And we will all breathe a sigh of relief and happiness.

We will head here
IMG_8304.jpg

to check in.

This was our view last year.
IMG_8997.jpg

We got 4th floor 70's section (building 10). I would LOVE to get the same thing this time! I am one of those weird people that prefer the top floor. (Not in tall buildings though) It was so quiet and we were close to the parking lot and the main building.

We are going to spend the evening unpacking and organizing the room. Most likely we will grab a bite to eat here.
IMG_9005.jpg

We may also let the girls swim, it depends on what time we get in. We want to get to be early, so we will be all rested for our first day.

Our first park day we are planning on being here
epcot-symbol-web.jpg

bright and early!

Your DD's hair cut is cute and fun! I admire her for being brave enough to cut it all off!

My DD 15 (almost 16) loves Bojangles chicken biscuits for breakfast. Both my girls are obsessed with their sweet tea! ;)

About how many hours does it take you to drive from NC to Disney?

Your DD's hair cut is cute and fun! I admire her for being brave enough to cut it all off!

My DD 15 (almost 16) loves Bojangles chicken biscuits for breakfast. Both my girls are obsessed with their sweet tea! ;)

About how many hours does it take you to drive from NC to Disney?

Thank you! I just had an egg and cheese biscuit but it was pretty good. Oh, and I LOVE sweet tea! I cannot drink anything carbonated, so sweet tea is my drink when I want something besides my normal water.

It takes us about 10 hours, though the trip back seemed never-ending! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter