Shh, do you hear that? It's the winds of change~link to new thread post#3501

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG-Good luck on your upcoming 10K! :thumbsup2

Missout-What a fabulous dining review!! I am having such fun reading about your trip! :cool1:

Junglecruiser-Great photo at Orange Bird's house.:)

Pas, You are absolutely the queen of resort changers. I love hearing about your plans! :cool1:

Marie, Hope you had a nice relaxing pedicure. They are the best!::yes::

Marie, Lacey, Deena (if you can), Looking forward to our meet! It will be fun to visit and enjoy a sweet treat. :banana:

Kook, Hubster and I are so excited about our upcoming stay. We'll try to not cause too much trouble at the Boardwalk. :rotfl:

:wave:Jenny, Mousemommy, Janet, Step, Pixarmom, Babyberger, Luv, Minnie, Sjs, and anyone I've missed, saying hi and hope you're having a good week!

Hi Peeps!! :wave2:

Been a little MIA, but have been reading along with you all ....

Marie, Its almost time for YOUR Adventure!!! :woohoo: Your trip with your BFF and boys will fly by but oh what a grand ride you will have!!! Yeah!! It will be incredible and the memories will be priceless :hug: Hope the tootsie pampering was the ultimate!!

Magic: Hope you are feeling better my friend, and you and the 'rents have a wonderful weekend! MNSSHP on friday, right?

Sheila: A great big :hug: to you my friend!!

Amanda ....good luck to DH on the ToT race, and enjoy OKW and BWI!! have a great trip!! Be sure to get some pix of you and Marie at the party!!

Sarah .... love the pictures, enjoy your last 2 nights .... and safe travels home my friend!

Deena ... sorry for the problems with the laptop and your work situation :hug: Hope both improve very soon!! I look forward to hopefully meeting you in January!! :)

GG: Good luck to you and DH on your 10K!!

The chat box popped up, I typed in the problem, here's the response:
"We are aware of this unexpected enhancement on our reservations website. Please check back in an hour or call...."
It's not a glitch, or an error, it's an unexpected enhancement! :lmao::rotfl2:

Love it Ginny!!! :rotfl2:

Our trips are strting to look like Summer only these days too :hug:

Well .... I can't help feeling a little :yay: and ::banana: that your trips might be in August .... :goodvibes Sorry about the truck, it's always something isn't it? :hug:

Heya Ladies! :goodvibes

Back from my torture session.

....with Ron Weasley ??? or have we moved on to dear Bellatrix?? :laughing:

Just gotta refill the coffee and I'll be good to go... :surfweb: I'm going to put together a little album of a few pics (from when it wasn't raining!) on Facebook this afternoon maybe. Gotta sort through them and pick out some decent ones -- ones that I took and not the out-of-focus assortment the hubs took. :rolleyes: :lmao: He can either miraculously always find my fattest side or make sure not a single bit of the photo is in focus. That man, he's got pure talent. (I love him, really I do. :love:)

Would love to see your pictues!! And your DH sounds like mine!! :goodvibes

Speaking of, I gave him a hug last night for no reason and he said, "What have you been doing? ... You're acting all sweet and suspicious." So I lied and said I was booking our next Disney trip; he believed me, of course. :laughing: :scratchin

Something we should do EVERY day :thumbsup2 :hug:

MM and everyone who posted about mommy guilt - my kids are spoiled in comparison to some and probably not spoiled compared to others. I guess I figure there are always kids who have less and kids who have more. My goal is for them to appreciate what we have and be thankful for our blessings. At the end of the day, I hope they can not have spoiled attitudes. Does that make sense at all? It's a work in process for sure.

Perfect sense here...

Regarding taking kids out of school - this is our fifth time to pull them out. Last year it was a whole week and I swore I wouldn't do that again because it was too much. I prefer to go in November but they have 4 days off in October. So we are going now and they will only miss 2 days of school. I am pretty much at peace with it. I don't think it makes me parent of the year or anything but I also don't think I am doing lasting damage.

basketlacey ... you stated everything well.... what works for each family is the best!

In the grand scheme of things, I am thrilled to be making these memories with my family. I just came from a chemo treatment with one of my best friends. She is a rockstar and will totally kick this cancer. BUT, they were supposed to be leaving with us to WDW on Sunday! Instead she is spending this whole year fighting breast cancer. It sucks and is just proof that you never know. Again, I know she is going to be ok. And she is planning two trips for next year - one with the kids and then our adult only trip to F&W.

Hope your friend kicks her cancer and you guys rock the house for your F&W trip!!

Sorry for missing other posts and quotes!

Grumpy Grandma said:
I think you all should get the kitchen sink!!! :rotfl2:

I think we are going to order to go unless my some miracle the place is empty. It's likely we will be a decent size group! So, I think my family will try and conquer the kitchen sink! I will take pictures!

I think we are going to order to go unless my some miracle the place is empty. It's likely we will be a decent size group! So, I think my family will try and conquer the kitchen sink! I will take pictures!

Ugh!!! I couldn't eat that kitchen sink If I tried! :eek: My DS16 would like one of those fancy treats, but I have a feeling it will be difficult to get a table for so many people! Hopefully they have some yummy stuff at the to go window if we can't get a table :p looking forward to seeing you!

Ugh!!! I couldn't eat that kitchen sink If I tried! :eek: My DS16 would like one of those fancy treats, but I have a feeling it will be difficult to get a table for so many people! Hopefully they have some yummy stuff at the to go window if we can't get a table :p looking forward to seeing you!

So excited for you Marie and Basketlacey and Ginny!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trips!!:yay:

The support on this thread is so amazing! :hug: I decided that the trip with my mom is a go! It's just too important to put off, even if the circumstances are difficult. I'm still looking into cutting the costs, but we are definitely going, and DH is encouraging me to leave the plans as they are. He's such a gem. I'm more of a worrier, so I'm still deciding about whether to cut the trip back a little, but I feel like its the right thing to definitely go.

The support on this thread is so amazing! :hug: I decided that the trip with my mom is a go! It's just too important to put off, even if the circumstances are difficult. I'm still looking into cutting the costs, but we are definitely going, and DH is encouraging me to leave the plans as they are. He's such a gem. I'm more of a worrier, so I'm still deciding about whether to cut the trip back a little, but I feel like its the right thing to definitely go.

Yes the ladies around here are the BEST!!::yes:: Glad you have decided to go ahead with your trip...it sounds so needed!:goodvibes

Relaxing on the balcony after another wonderful day!

This morning we went to the MK and got on the horse drawn carriage. I took the picture below just as we started moving. Besides the funny angle, look at the castle, it was partially covered with fog, while the sky above us was blue.

acb14d3fc7ffc931de0a9b42f2d29d3b.jpg

We stopped in the Main Street candy store, aren't these candied apples cute? I love the one of Goofy.

0be864609c5a83b8f08e836d81a3b88f.jpg

As we were leaving I noticed this poster where they have the MK guides/maps under the railway station!

9fc9cc232ff0098d3c7edd882f9f4b05.jpg

Tomorrow is our last full day, we have had an amazing trip! For all you RCrs on you way in the coming weeks, get excited :cool1:, you are in for a fabulous time!

Well, I'm off for the tootsie pampering! Sure wish I could get those cute Disney themed pedis you all seem to be able to get in the USA, unfortunately....I have no one skilled to do them here in Alberta! I'll try to pick a pretty summery color at least!
Did ya get the green??? Marie, I sent some well wishes on the Poly thread!!! Have a magical trip!!!!! Safe travels...sending a hug for the RCers :grouphug:

Speaking of, I gave him a hug last night for no reason and he said, "What have you been doing? ... You're acting all sweet and suspicious." So I lied and said I was booking our next Disney trip; he believed me, of course.

:hug: Sorry, Jeanette. How old are both? I'm waiting for this to happen with Miss M. I hope I can stave it off until the college years so she'll be out of the house when the "Hellion with 'Tude" arrives.

You and I have a similar knack for picking the slow lines, it seems!

Oldest DS will be 21 :crazy2: He moved out at 18..which saved my sanity..then the new tweenie is 11 going on 18 :sad: He's a good boy really, the girls were trying to get me to let him come in November, but we'd have to change resorts...so we almost switched to BC, HRH said NO, Brandon can come but he has to sleep on the floor :p DH said no, he needs to show improvement with HW first...ugh the voice of reason..

So HRH (turning 8 tomorrow ) asked if we can celebrate her bday in WL since our trip for this weekend was cancelled....OF COURSE :cool1:

She also wants to visit GF, but made a point to say, visit Mommy, I don't want to sleep there, I want to sleep at the WL :rolleyes2

Pas - lovin the girl trip! And then just you and your guy!
:hug: Thanks!!!!!! Are you flippin yet????? SO close to the F&W ::yes:::beach:

And prayers and pixie dust for your friend. The big C sucks big time :furious: She will beat it!!!!!

Pas, You are absolutely the queen of resort changers. I love hearing about your plans! :cool1:
I have lots of RC help :goodvibes my Princesses follow in my footsteps :cutie:

Well .... I can't help feeling a little :yay: and ::banana: that your trips might be in August .... :goodvibes Sorry about the truck, it's always something isn't it? :hug:

So excited for you Marie and Basketlacey and Ginny!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trips!!
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the parasailing review :worship:
:cool1: Yay!!!!! Your DH rocks!!!! We're here to help with any ch-ch-changes!!!! :hug:

:hug: Sarah, thanks for all the great pics!!!! Have a safe trip home!!! So glad you had a magical vacation, you deserve it!!! And Miss, Jen, and family are so blessed to have met one of my most favorite, amazing women EVER!!!! :love: I know janet & dani would agree ::yes::

Good morning to all! I'm here procrastinating over doing some tidying up around the house ... and plenty of this: :laundy:

Marie: party:

I think you all should get the kitchen sink!!!

Only if they agree to take plenty of before and after pics! :lmao:

Missout-What a fabulous dining review!! I am having such fun reading about your trip!

Thanks for reading it. I owe our most favoritest, bestest Disney meal ever to you! (We'd not have gone had it not been for you mentioning Magical Dining.) :hug:

Kook, Hubster and I are so excited about our upcoming stay. We'll try to not cause too much trouble at the Boardwalk.

You hooligans! :rotfl: You know, I saw someone get off the Friendship Boat with luggage and immediately thought of you. :laughing:

Hi Peeps!!

Been a little MIA, but have been reading along with you all ....

....with Ron Weasley ??? or have we moved on to dear Bellatrix??

Would love to see your pictues!! And your DH sounds like mine!!

Janet! :hug: How's DS doing and how's marching band going for Sam? Did she have another game last Friday?

No Bellatrix, thankfully. :scared1: Thinking about Bellatrix as my trainer makes me realize just how lucky I am to be stuck with Ron. :laughing:

Do you have a Facebook account? I can forward my email addy for a friend request -- goes for anyone else who would like to see the pics. Or have weird, nerdy and/or geeky updates on their news feed. :blush: :laughing: I've got the pics all sorted out, just got to do a little touching up on them because I can't leave well enough alone!

The support on this thread is so amazing! I decided that the trip with my mom is a go! It's just too important to put off, even if the circumstances are difficult. I'm still looking into cutting the costs, but we are definitely going, and DH is encouraging me to leave the plans as they are. He's such a gem. I'm more of a worrier, so I'm still deciding about whether to cut the trip back a little, but I feel like its the right thing to definitely go.

Heya! :wave2: This is the best little group. Your DH is a keeper! :hug:

This morning we went to the MK and got on the horse drawn carriage. I took the picture below just as we started moving. Besides the funny angle, look at the castle, it was partially covered with fog, while the sky above us was blue.

We stopped in the Main Street candy store, aren't these candied apples cute? I love the one of Goofy.

As we were leaving I noticed this poster where they have the MK guides/maps under the railway station!

Tomorrow is our last full day, we have had an amazing trip! For all you RCrs on you way in the coming weeks, get excited, you are in for a fabulous time!

:sad: Oh no! Last day today. :hug: Thanks for sharing those pics, Sarah. We didn't stop in the candy store -- those apples look GREAT!

Oldest DS will be 21 He moved out at 18..which saved my sanity..then the new tweenie is 11 going on 18 He's a good boy really, the girls were trying to get me to let him come in November, but we'd have to change resorts...so we almost switched to BC, HRH said NO, Brandon can come but he has to sleep on the floor DH said no, he needs to show improvement with HW first...ugh the voice of reason..

LOL at "sleep on the floor" -- ah, siblings. :laughing: When's the next report card come out? Sending you some "Ooooooom" to get you through. :goodvibes :hug:

So HRH (turning 8 tomorrow ) asked if we can celebrate her bday in WL since our trip for this weekend was cancelled....OF COURSE

She also wants to visit GF, but made a point to say, visit Mommy, I don't want to sleep there, I want to sleep at the WL

Happy Pre-Birthday to HRH! :bday: Oh, she's HOOKED on WL already?! :laughing: They are PROS, these kiddos... :thumbsup2 I wonder where they learned all that from... :rolleyes1

Sarah, thanks for all the great pics!!!! Have a safe trip home!!! So glad you had a magical vacation, you deserve it!!! And Miss, Jen, and family are so blessed to have met one of my most favorite, amazing women EVER!!!! I know janet & dani would agree

Sarah rocked our socks! :goodvibes Miss M will be expecting to meet "Mommy's Friend, Ms. Sarah" every time we go to the Beach Club now. ::yes::

Can't wait to meet more of you. I hope meeting up with Sarah and Jen and Co. was just the beginning... :grouphug:

LOL at "sleep on the floor" -- ah, siblings. :laughing: When's the next report card come out? Sending you some "Ooooooom" to get you through. :goodvibes :hug:

Happy Pre-Birthday to HRH! :bday: Oh, she's HOOKED on WL already?! :laughing: They are PROS, these kiddos... :thumbsup2 I wonder where they learned all that from... :rolleyes1

Sarah rocked our socks! :goodvibes Miss M will be expecting to meet "Mommy's Friend, Ms. Sarah" every time we go to the Beach Club now. ::yes::
I am checking DS' report card online DAILY!!! I want to bring him for both trips....but the girls are more than willing to sacrifice theirbro for WL :lmao: Daddy really talked up WL...REALLY! And HRH says we need to be close to the castle for the party...NO BUSES :faint: How this happened that I cannot talk her into GF...have no clue...it's since th snack room isnt available I bet :worried:

I an't wait for my kiddos to meet Sarah, they'll love her..she lives pretty close to me, but they keep getting boogerlicious..and I don't want Sarah getting ANY germies ...soon. Although Dani is VERY close to me, and we met at MK :lmao:

HRH gets to play hooky wit Daddy...perfect birthday (second to us going to WDW together of course)

Tomorrow is our last full day, we have had an amazing trip! For all you RCrs on you way in the coming weeks, get excited :cool1:, you are in for a fabulous time!

Sounds like you have had a super wonderful trip .... which is exactly what you deserve! Sorry it's your last day but January really isn't that far away!!! :thumbsup2

Sarah, so happy you've had a wonderful trip! :goodvibes Safe travels tomorrow - and don't forget to wave when you go through NC...you'll only be about an hour from us! :wave:

Sounds like you have had a super wonderful trip .... which is exactly what you deserve! Sorry it's your last day but January really isn't that far away!!! :thumbsup2

So many RCers heading to the world soon....then before we know it, it will be January and our RC Girls Trip will be happening!! :yay:

Marie, safe travels and have a the most Magical time ever!!:goodvibes

Ginny - I hope the "unexpected enhancements" finished quickly and you were able to add your day in November.

Marie - hope your pedicure was great! I can't believe you're getting so close.... No more worrying about the weather, just go with the flow, I hope it all works out!

Miss - Sorry about the tainted peanut butter, glad you got some less risky edibles though ;) loved your dining review....was jealous of all the adult drinks, somehow I never seem to make time for that in the parks. But I do keep a bottle in the room for those quiet evenings in the balcony ;) Going to send you a PM with my email address, I would love to see your pictures on FB!

Basketlacey - so sorry to hear about your friend :( what an amazing friend you are going with her.

Janet - I know the MIA, feeling seems like life keeps us too busy sometimes :)

Jsantini - I'm so happy to hear you're still going. I think you'll find cutting the cost to makes you feel better about the trip, but all in all going IS what's really important!!!

Sarah - Those candied apples are so cute I wouldn't even want to eat it ;) Enjoy your last couple of days, I know it will go by way too fast!

Jeanette - Sounds like HRH has put her foot down with WL, lol! How does she want to celebrate at WL? It is amazing how at eight years old they know exactly what they want ;) I hope DS's grades improve quickly, I know you really want him with you.

Well this is my first post using Siri, let's see how it works out. I finally started back to the gym this week and eating healthy, hoping to lose the same 20-25 pounds I put on every year. Usually I'm well on my way by this time of year but I just couldn't find my motivation this year.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jeanette, in case I miss it tomorrow, Happiest of birthdays to your precious DD!! Some stickers for her:bday:party::cake:

Great to see you posting some updates here, Deena. Do you feel like a legit Floridian yet? Are you eating the Early Bird at 4:00 at your local diner?

Lovely JC, your Orange Bird photo is the bestest! Much better than mine because there aren't ANY people behind you:worship: AND you're in it:hug:. BTW, I took the same photo last month next to the poster under the train station - great minds;)

Gwynne: Cause as much trouble as you'd like at the BW - you're on vacation! (Just make sure you post the details with photos to the BWI thread.)

:wave2:Happy Thursday to everyone and happy changing/planning/scheming:goodvibes

Thought you all would appreciate this, when I was clearing out my email last night I found all my ADR changes that I made while I was actually in WDW a couple weeks ago. See once a changer , always a changer ;) I wonder if I can stick to my plans for Oct, lol!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just messing around on Disney's site and now the Poly has rooms available for my dates (10/22-10/27). I am considering staying there instead of the Beach Club since we will spend most of our time at the MK and I as well as my nephews are a bit (well a lot) obsessed with the monorail. UGH! What to do! What to do! We only have one Epcot day and aren't doing hoppers so the convenience of walking from the Beach Club is a non-issue for me.

Are people staying at the Grand still allowed to go to the Poly to use their pools during construction? Is there construction noise at the Poly from the refurbs? HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Just messing around on Disney's site and now the Poly has rooms available for my dates (10/22-10/27). I am considering staying there instead of the Beach Club since we will spend most of our time at the MK and I as well as my nephews are a bit (well a lot) obsessed with the monorail. UGH! What to do! What to do! We only have one Epcot day and aren't doing hoppers so the convenience of walking from the Beach Club is a non-issue for me.

Are people staying at the Grand still allowed to go to the Poly to use their pools during construction? Is there construction noise at the Poly from the refurbs? HELP HELP HELP!!!!

I believe the only pool construction at GF right now is on their quiet "courtyard pool" but their main pool (the beach pool) is open, so I can't imagine they are sending people over to the Poly anymore. :thumbsup2

As for Poly refurbs...they have not begun yet. But, when they do begin, it is room refurb only and you should not be bothered by that at all since they would close down the building that they are working on. The only exception to this of course is if the rumors of a hot tub going in this fall are true. I don't know when that would begin....:confused3

I believe the only pool construction at GF right now is on their quiet "courtyard pool" but their main pool (the beach pool) is open, so I can't imagine they are sending people over to the Poly anymore. :thumbsup2

As for Poly refurbs...they have not begun yet. But, when they do begin, it is room refurb only and you should not be bothered by that at all since they would close down the building that they are working on. The only exception to this of course is if the rumors of a hot tub going in this fall are true. I don't know when that would begin....:confused3

Thank you! As you know, I've posted this question in a few different areas. I think my OCD is kicking into high gear right now :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter