Shh, do you hear that? It's the winds of change~link to new thread post#3501

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Melissa! I actually remembered what you said about tues/wed and was checking airfare at 6 am. Still no drops! :-(

Unfortunately jet blue doesn't fly from anywhere near here either! But, I feel better about it.

We told our kids about the trip over the weekend. We have decided that if prices don't drop, we are going to drive. It's 12 hours which is doable and we will extend our stay by a day as well. Dh even said we could keep our Cali Grill ressie and leave right after dinner. We will drive several hours and then get a room and drive the rest of the way on Sunday. I still may try and score Cali for another night and then we could leave after our Cape May breakfast or maybe after lunch. We have to be home by 2. I think it will work!

The kids are super excited and are working on tweaking ADRs and planning park days. I am more excited now too because I am not frantic about the airfare.

Yay for telling the kids!! We are telling our girls one week from today! :cool1: I wish we were within a 12 hour drive....try double that for us....boo!:faint: We have been talking about doing a big drive for our summer trip next year and DH wants no part of a big drive. He thinks it would be pure torture if the DD's bicker too much.

So....as of this morning, DH is saying if it costs the same to vacation here he would rather go to Disney in May. I think we will reassess after our trip....which by the way is in...
8 days!!!!party::jumping1::rainbow:

Thanks Melissa! I actually remembered what you said about tues/wed and was checking airfare at 6 am. Still no drops! :-(

Unfortunately jet blue doesn't fly from anywhere near here either! But, I feel better about it.

We told our kids about the trip over the weekend. We have decided that if prices don't drop, we are going to drive. It's 12 hours which is doable and we will extend our stay by a day as well. Dh even said we could keep our Cali Grill ressie and leave right after dinner. We will drive several hours and then get a room and drive the rest of the way on Sunday. I still may try and score Cali for another night and then we could leave after our Cape May breakfast or maybe after lunch. We have to be home by 2. I think it will work!

The kids are super excited and are working on tweaking ADRs and planning park days. I am more excited now too because I am not frantic about the airfare.

I received an email from Southwest today saying I was getting advance notice on a 25% off sale .... should start tomorrow. Very limited dates and I believe it's thru Dec 12th. Hope this helps someone!

Hello lovely, crazy RCing ladies!

Jen & Candace: :grouphug: for first day jittery moms. Y'all are pros at this by now though. :goodvibes Hope they all have great first days at school.

Jeanette: How's the ankle? Hope you're doing better. :hug:

Sarah: Joining you in dancing with Jen! :dance3: Love that pic!

Candace: I love your latest change! :beach: Epcot & MK resorts, best of both worlds.

So cute .... they're going to love them!!! :)

Amazing!! You do it so well!! :worship:

missoutandabout, love the luminaries, I am so impressed :worship:, and I may just get to see them in person :)

Thanks, ladies. :goodvibes I finished up the letter from Mickey & Minnie after doing my Martha Stewart impersonation with the luminaries. :lmao: I'll make sure I take pics of the set-up when I'm done that afternoon, Sarah. :hyper: Just got to come up with a good plan to get the two nosy ones out of the room .... hmmm. Maybe an, "Oh, I left my camera in the room! Be back in a few minutes" sorta thing?

I am LOVING my new branch. It is busy, but I don't mind it because everyone does their fair share so no one feels like they are picking up the slack. It's a pleasant environment and everyone gets along. I had a convo with my boss last night, just to let her know that I've been with the company a long time and I never had a problem until recently and that I am very happy in her branch and hope we can have a fresh start. She assured me that she hasn't even read my file because she wants to give me a fair chance and isn't evaluating me based on other people's opinions. She is a very nice woman, and I do really like her.

I'm so happy to hear you like your new location... and even better, your new boss! :thumbsup2

I hear ya on the sleeping in thing. I'm seriously wondering if my kiddo will ever learn to sleep in. Have any of you mommies ever had kiddos change from early-risers to sleep-in'ers as they got older? As well as the weekend, she had yesterday AND today off: 7:00 on the dot. (Sorry, except for the one morning she slept in 'til 7:15... :rotfl: Eesh.)

Missoutandabout I'm calling the men in the white coats right now. Seriously I'm impressed. I think.::yes::

Might want to place that call soon as I'm now down to the kiddo's portion on the attire spreadsheet (the hubs can fend for himself.) :lmao: :crazy2:

MY oldest, DS 20, just came home from his red eye softball tourney (he played at all hours of the day/night the last three days)-- and he plopped on the couch, while he ate some quick supper and said to me "are ya getting excited for parasailing, MOM?" ME: uhhhh, yes, I'm trying to not be too scared and get excited! :scared1:
JOSH: well I'm stoked!!!!
ME: glad to hear son! ;) :rolleyes1 hope I can join the excitement when the time comes! :rotfl: ** as I quiver inside, :rotfl:

You can do it, you can do it! :cheer2: (You are a brave, brave woman!) Your trip is mega-close too. :goodvibes Hope your hubs has a good time in Ol' Blighty, we were just there in May visiting the in-laws.

So....as of this morning, DH is saying if it costs the same to vacation here he would rather go to Disney in May. I think we will reassess after our trip....

Ooooooh! popcorn::

Missoutandabout all you have to do is tell one of the Concierge CM's what you are trying do do and I know they can help you think of something. The BC CL CM's are great, they love to help with this kind of stuff. And if you are feeling shy I will talk to them with you!

Missoutandabout all you have to do is tell one of the Concierge CM's what you are trying do do and I know they can help you think of something. The BC CL CM's are great, they love to help with this kind of stuff. And if you are feeling shy I will talk to them with you!

I love your little Jiminy Cricket!!!!!

You know me! :rotfl:

I have enlisted the help of IPO to gather some goodies to put in the room; they're buying a Halloween tote-bag, two plushes and will be arranging sparkling cider and flutes with Private Dining. They said they would deliver those items to the room so it's up to me to stage a hopefully-believable excuse to go back to the room to quickly set up the luminaries and the couple of decorations I'm bringing. We have dinner at Bluezoo that night. I'm just hoping my/their timing isn't really off.

Not sure if IPO communicates with the CL staff or not... :confused3

Ya think this harebrained scheme sounds doable? :laughing::scared1:

Yes that's me!!!! We were in 2557...but 4557 also has the HUMUNGO balcony (is that a word!???!) We had 6 people out there one afternoon & could have easily fit 6-8 more. We couldn't have picked a better location (for us) - we LOVE LOVE LOVE the BC quiet pool, and I do laundry on vacation & that's right there at the quiet pool too. Plus it's thisclose to the IG, we'd send the boys over into Epcot just for snacks, drinks or lunch & they'd be back with it in 15 min!

When are you going?!? I haven't been on the BC/YC thread for awhile. I did get to meet Teena a few times while down there.

I thought it was you! :wave2: We are going to be there 9/17 thru 9/28. I put in request for either 2557 or 4557, so I am hoping we will get it! I have heard the balcony is enormous, that would be so awesome. We often stay at the GF and honestly don't get to the IG very often. So excited for how close it is, like you said, just a short hop to EPCOT!

You know me! :rotfl:

I have enlisted the help of IPO to gather some goodies to put in the room; they're buying a Halloween tote-bag, two plushes and will be arranging sparkling cider and flutes with Private Dining. They said they would deliver those items to the room so it's up to me to stage a hopefully-believable excuse to go back to the room to quickly set up the luminaries and the couple of decorations I'm bringing. We have dinner at Bluezoo that night. I'm just hoping my/their timing isn't really off.

Not sure if IPO communicates with the CL staff or not... :confused3

Ya think this harebrained scheme sounds doable? :laughing::scared1:

I think the harebrained scheme is very doable. :upsidedow I wouldn't count on IPO talking to the CL CMs, however I am really confident talking to the CL CM who will be on during the fast decorating will be able to help. However you could always leave your camera or something somewhere, like the YC and send them off to retrieve it :scratchin What night is this taking place?

Good Morning RCers,

Happy Wed! It doesn’t seem possible Sept is here. Where did Aug go???

Jenny-Glad you had a nice getaway. Now you’re on the Poly countdown!

Missoutandabout—I am so enjoying reading about your great ideas and fun projects! I noticed the menus are up for Orlando Dining Month. http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/restaurants/ Whether Magical Dining menu or the regular menu, I hope you have a fabulous meal at Blue Zoo. Sounds like there will be some very fun surprises after!

MM—Great split stay plan! I can’t say enough good things about Yacht Club. :banana:

I’ve been swamped working on wedding bits and pieces for dd the last few days. I think I am caught up, reservations made and have worked out my fil’s travel plans. Nov will be here before we know it. Won’t be long ‘till she walks down the aisle. :bride:

I had just a couple of tweeks to our upcoming stays. I called about a slight error on my reservation, and got the most helpful CM I think I’ve ever talked to. She fixed the problem, and was able to find us the first night at BWI. The she merged our reservation , so no checking out, back in. We’re in our beloved deluxe CL room the whole vacation! :yay: This is good news for hubster…he wasn’t too keen on only one night at YC and then moving the next morning to BWI. Guess we weren’t meant to be hillbillies in Oct….:rotfl2:

I had to add a day in November, was able to make that work, too on the same call. I'll have one day at YC on my own before everyone arrives. Think I will just relax at SAB. :cloud9:

Thanks for all the good wishes for ds and ddil. 2013 will be a very special year for them!:goodvibes

I’m off to do some errands this morning.
Waving hi to RCers I've missed. :wave: Hope everyone has a great day!!

Good Morning RCers,

Happy Wed! It doesn’t seem possible Sept is here. Where did Aug go???

Jenny-Glad you had a nice getaway. Now you’re on the Poly countdown!

Missoutandabout—I am so enjoying reading about your great ideas and fun projects! I noticed the menus are up for Orlando Dining Month. http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/restaurants/ Whether Magical Dining menu or the regular menu, I hope you have a fabulous meal at Blue Zoo. Sounds like there will be some very fun surprises after!

MM—Great split stay plan! I can’t say enough good things about Yacht Club. :banana:

I’ve been swamped working on wedding bits and pieces for dd the last few days. I think I am caught up, reservations made and have worked out my fil’s travel plans. Nov will be here before we know it. Won’t be long ‘till she walks down the aisle. :bride:

I had just a couple of tweeks to our upcoming stays. I called about a slight error on my reservation, and got the most helpful CM I think I’ve ever talked to. She fixed the problem, and was able to find us the first night at BWI. The she merged our reservation , so no checking out, back in. We’re in our beloved deluxe CL room the whole vacation! :yay: This is good news for hubster…he wasn’t too keen on only one night at YC and then moving the next morning to BWI. Guess we weren’t meant to be hillbillies in Oct….:rotfl2:

I had to add a day in November, was able to make that work, too on the same call. I'll have one day at YC on my own before everyone arrives. Think I will just relax at SAB. :cloud9:

Thanks for all the good wishes for ds and ddil. 2013 will be a very special year for them!:goodvibes

I’m off to do some errands this morning.
Waving hi to RCers I've missed. :wave: Hope everyone has a great day!!

Thanks!!! We are excited about getting to experience both and Epcot and monorail resort. Yippeeee!!!!! :hyper:

And, I have to say...:offtopic: You are such a saint...so diplomatic always in your posts. People often get so nasty on these boards and I often see you swoop in and be the voice of reason. It's so nice. :worship:

Good morning lovely ladies! :goodvibes

I got invited (along with a slew of other folks) to take part in the Fastpass+ test. Didn't know what I should pick! :rolleyes1

How do these sound?

1. Dumbo
  2. BTMRR
  3. Space Mountain
  4. Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade

The preferred viewing area for the parades sounded pretty interesting.

I think the harebrained scheme is very doable. :upsidedow I wouldn't count on IPO talking to the CL CMs, however I am really confident talking to the CL CM who will be on during the fast decorating will be able to help. However you could always leave your camera or something somewhere, like the YC and send them off to retrieve it :scratchin What night is this taking place?

Oh, after the "I can't find my KEYS!" panic before I left the house this morning to walk the kiddo to school, I think I'll manage to convince him I left something SOMEWHERE and have to go back to retrieve it. This will be fun. :lmao: :hyper:

I've arranged the Harebrained Scheme for our first night at the BC: Tuesday the 18th. :woohoo:

:wave2: Hi Ginny. Thanks for the compliment and for the menu link! :goodvibes I think we'll definitely do the special menu at Bluezoo but with some odds and ends added ... like an extra dessert maybe? :rolleyes1

Excellent tweaks! Although maybe you should take the luggage for a stroll around the Boardwalk anyway? :lmao: And an added day, yeeeeah! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!! We are excited about getting to experience both and Epcot and monorail resort. Yippeeee!!!!! :hyper:

And, I have to say...:offtopic: You are such a saint...so diplomatic always in your posts. People often get so nasty on these boards and I often see you swoop in and be the voice of reason. It's so nice. :worship:

You really do have a most excellent set-up with your Monorail and Epcot split. Don't chaaaaange, please don't chaaaaange it! I do appreciate both your and Ginny's replies in those threads. Voices of reason, both of you. I seriously wish those threads would just die off already. :rolleyes2

I got invited (along with a slew of other folks) to take part in the Fastpass+ test. Didn't know what I should pick! :rolleyes1

How do these sound?

1. Dumbo
  2. BTMRR
  3. Space Mountain

Oh, after the "I can't find my KEYS!" panic before I left the house this morning to walk the kiddo to school, I think I'll manage to convince him I left something SOMEWHERE and have to go back to retrieve it. This will be fun. :lmao: :hyper:

I've arranged the Harebrained Scheme for our first night at the BC: Tuesday the 18th. :woohoo:

:wave2: Hi Ginny. Thanks for the compliment and for the menu link! :goodvibes I think we'll definitely do the special menu at Bluezoo but with some odds and ends added ... like an extra dessert maybe? :rolleyes1

Excellent tweaks! Although maybe you should take the luggage for a stroll around the Boardwalk anyway? :lmao: And an added day, yeeeeah! :thumbsup2

You really do have a most excellent set-up with your Monorail and Epcot split. Don't chaaaaange, please don't chaaaaange it! I do appreciate both your and Ginny's replies in those threads. Voices of reason, both of you. I seriously wish those threads would just die off already. :rolleyes2

I think the preferred seating for the parade sounds interesting too, why not?? :thumbsup2

And, Space and Splash Mountain would both be on my list!

I do not plan on changing, as long as nothing huge comes up (like a pool closure or something... :rotfl2: ), I do think it is a really good plan!!!

I swear...I know things can get out of context on threads, but sometimes people really kill me. And the back & forth makes me not want to comment on alot of threads.

The other day, I read, and subsequently commented on a thread about a hot tub at the Poly. Several people (about 4) had taken the thread in the direction of a discussion about hot tub cleanliness...I simply added my thoughts on hot tubs, and I am one of those who gets :sick: thinking about going in one, but that's just me. I didn't begrudge anyone for liking them, or anything, and another poster picked out my post and said something snarky like "no one asked for your opinion"...:duck: I was pretty :furious: because really??? 4 posts behind mine were all opinion of hot tubs....I shouldn't let it get to me, but this is a discussion board, and I was joining a discussion....some people...:faint:

Ok, off my soap box.

I think the preferred seating for the parade sounds interesting too, why not?? :thumbsup2

Hmmmm, maybe I should have added Splash. I would have to ditch one of the coasters though... :scratchin

The other day, I read, and subsequently commented on a thread about a hot tub at the Poly. Several people (about 4) had taken the thread in the direction of a discussion about hot tub cleanliness...I simply added my thoughts on hot tubs, and I am one of those who gets :sick: thinking about going in one, but that's just me. I didn't begrudge anyone for liking them, or anything, and another poster picked out my post and said something snarky like "no one asked for your opinion"...:duck: I was pretty :furious: because really??? 4 posts behind mine were all opinion of hot tubs....I shouldn't let it get to me, but this is a discussion board, and I was joining a discussion....some people...:faint:

Ok, off my soap box.

Oh YEAH, I saw your reply -- to which I majorly laughed my butt off -- because I'm the exact same way. To each their own, like you said, I'm all for people doing what they want and what they love on vacation. Although, after hearing my mother-in-law say upon seeing a hot tub for the first time in her life, "We won't need showers after being in there I suppose." -- the thought of them turns me various shades of green. :lmao: :sick: Needless to say, we did not join them in any hot tub soaks.

Missoutandabout said:

How do these sound?

[*]Dumbo
[*]BTMRR
[*]Space Mountain
[*]Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade

How did they notify you that you were picked? I love your choices and would definitely do the parade since that isn't something normally offered. It will be neat to see how it works! You have to report back!

Definitely leave something behind, the camera perhaps?
Mousemommy1 said:

I do not plan on changing, as long as nothing huge comes up (like a pool closure or something... :rotfl2: ), I do think it is a really good plan!!!

I swear...I know things can get out of context on threads, but sometimes people really kill me. And the back & forth makes me not want to comment on alot of threads.

Ok, off my soap box.

ugh. I hate when people get snarky too! Why is that necessary?

Hmmmm, maybe I should have added Splash. I would have to ditch one of the coasters though... :scratchin

Oh YEAH, I saw your reply -- to which I majorly laughed my butt off -- because I'm the exact same way. To each their own, like you said, I'm all for people doing what they want and what they love on vacation. Although, after hearing my mother-in-law say upon seeing a hot tub for the first time in her life, "We won't need showers after being in there I suppose." -- the thought of them turns me various shades of green. :lmao: :sick: Needless to say, we did not join them in any hot tub soaks.

I am pretty sure everyone in my office probably thinks I'm nuts because I just busted out laughing in my cube reading that bolded part! :rotfl2:

Yes, to each his own. I simply offered my opinion, and obviously others are allowed to think differently. Some people are sooooo sensitive. :rolleyes2

I am thinking about having IPO help me set up some type of birthday in-room celebration for DD8 (since we are celebrating her 9th birthday on our April trip). I am a little nervous that DD5 will be jealous, but we went to Disney for her 3rd birthday!!! (it's just that she might not remember so well...:rotfl: )
Maybe, I could order a little something for her too. :scratchin

:wave2: Hi Peeps!

Trying to get acclimated to being back at work after the holiday weekend and the fact the school is IN. DD started back yesterday and it didn't go great. Missing her BFF and another close friend, plus, now that she's in 9th grade, the school no longer "teams" the kids so that means you no longer have clases within that group of kids ...Plus another friend is not being nice ... so its crappy petty teenage stuff.... On the other side, her BFF in Wisconsin didn't have a great day either ... so they commiserated last night by Skype; misery loves company I guess. :) Hopefully today is better, she seemed in okay spirits ... she has come a long way since elementary school.:)

On the plus side she likes most of her teachers, she is in the 9th grade marching band, PLUS the Friday Knights Marching band at the HS [open to 9th-12th graders.] They perform at the HS friday home games ... I am so excited for her!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

First a note to our RC leader, Pas .... hope you are feeling better, we definitely miss you here!! Love ya!! :hug:

Amanda and Melissa.. so happy to hear you are faring well after the storms.:hug:

TaraPA: I'm off the exit 31 on the NE extension!

Gwynne: Congrats on getting the deluxe room at BWI for your entire stay! :banana:

JanetB: just read back through about your DS...so scary for you all and I am glad to hear he is ok.

Thanks Jen. :hug: It was good to get away this past weekend. AND, so happy you enjoyed your adults trip!:cool1:

Jen & Candace ...and I agree with Melissa, kids adapt better than we do in school ... kids make new friends and it helps them adjust and handles other social situations as he get older. My DD and her BFF were never in classes after 3rd grade ... but they still remained great friends while making new ones.

Happy Labor Day to everyone! Big week coming up for lots of families, schools are opening, at least in our area.

janet, I know we chatted but wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you. Hope you had a wonderful family weekend!

Sarah, good to talk to you too!! :) Weather was beautiful! One of the nicest labor day weekends in a while.

Wednesday we are going to the Rainforest Cafe in Menlo Park. Danimal was saying how sad is he to be missing Disney so much and I mentioned we have a Rainforest Cafe just like the 2 in Disney. He asked if we could go and of course I said yes. Wednesday night kids eat for $1.99, so we will be going to give us some Disney spirit.`

:woohoo: Enjoy Dani!! Hey, let's make a plan that next time you guys go we will join you!! As I mentioned to you last night, we've been to Menlo Park before!! :goodvibes

Well I booked April after DD told me that she does definitely want to celebrate her bday in Disney again. I just wish her bday fell during a value season :rolleyes: It used to be that taking her to CRT and BBB was cheaper than a party....but now that I am on a deluxe stay roll, I think we would have been better with a party :eek: So for right now we are booked with Candace at YC. But who knows if that will stay once DH realized how much money we have spent on Disney trips :laughing:

Well... that kind of up to you and DH, right?? :rotfl2: A birthday celebration at Disney is definitely icing on the cake!! Perfect!! :banana:

So....as of this morning, DH is saying if it costs the same to vacation here he would rather go to Disney in May.

That would be awesome!! :yay:

[I got invited (along with a slew of other folks) to take part in the Fastpass+ test. Didn't know what I should pick! :rolleyes1

How do these sound?

1. Dumbo
  2. BTMRR
  3. Space Mountain

Hi Miss! That sounds awesome!! Are you limited to 4 choices?? I would add Splash ...and definitely like the parade choice.

Candace, Awww… thanks for your sweet thoughts! :goodvibes I so appreciate your input as well on these wacky threads that spring up. Reason may yet prevail, or at least we will attempt to give it a fighting chance, huh?:laughing:

Missoutandabout, You can’t go wrong with an extra dessert! :cool1:

Janet, What fun your dd is in two marching bands. :thumbsup2 Bet she’s busy! What does she play?

Missout, MM, The hot tub comments are making me laugh!! :rotfl2: All I can think of is Jerry, when he refers to Kramer’s hot tub as a “human bacteria frappe”!!! :lmao:
You probably won’t catch me in sitting in one either, by the way. ;)

And…I just wanted to take a second on my 600th post to say how much I appreciate the RCers! I have such fun reading here. You guys are the greatest! :goodvibes

Good Morning RCers!!!

Nothing really to say .... just wanted to stop by. Also wanted to add that one of my favorite things about this thread is how sweet, nice supportive (feel free to add any other kind adjective) everyone is. So wonderful to always have a comfortable place to come to. :grouphug:

Oh MM .. were you getting into some hot water lately???:rolleyes: :teeth:

Missout, MM, The hot tub comments are making me laugh!! :rotfl2: All I can think of is Jerry, when he refers to Kramer’s hot tub as a “human bacteria frappe”!!! :lmao:You probably won’t catch me in sitting in one either, by the way. ;)

:rotfl: perfect!

:laughing: you two are providing much needed laughter today!! Love it!

And…I just wanted to take a second on my 600th post to say how much I appreciate the RCers! I have such fun reading here. You guys are the greatest! :goodvibes

Ginny... it is our great fortune that YOU joined us! :goodvibes Yeah for 600 posts!!

And Sam plays the flute .... hope she stays with it and joins the competition band next year. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter