She's back with a vengence...and a new man

Lizboo

Travel Nut
I have finally decided to do a quick Orlando long weekend. I've been away from Orlando for far too long. I will be bringing my BF Tony who has never been to Orlando and we are planning on being there from Thursday Oct 9 (flying in late afternoon/arriving early evening) to Monday, October 13.

I know my dates to make ADRs are coming soon. But I am thinking of only doing a couple of Disney restaurants and going to MNSSHP (and gasp- not even staying on a Disney property). I want to go and experience Halloween, which means MNSSHP and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.

It may be cheaper to just get tickets to Universal...not sure..

Initial Plan
Oct 9- Arrival at night
Oct 10- DTD during the day/Ohana for dinner/MNSSHP
Oct 11- Olivia's for breakfast/Islands of Adventure/HHN
Oct 12- Universal/HHN
Oct 13- Fly home (sniffle)

Not sure where to stay...thinking of a hotel near US that has shuttle service (and very open to suggestions)

Or maybe exchange one universal day for a Disney day...do DHS in the morning and end at Epcot...not sure

I have a week to figure it out...and just the thought of it is very exciting

I woke up this morning thinking you could only make ADRs online at 7 am

My internal alarm went off at 6:20. I should have checked the DIS yesterday for the real time...I was only able to get Ohana at *;25 (I have now creeped it down to 8:10). I was hoping for 5 pm because as of right now, this is the only night that MNSSHP is happening while we are there.

I will keep trying to get an earlier time. BF has never been before and I really want him to experience Ohana.

Still debating about where to stay and if this is a 2 day Universal /1 day Disney trip or vice versa. It's going to come down to whatever is less expensive.

I have booked a magic your way package at Riverside...and I meant to keep it a secret until our anniversary on May 12...but I couldn't stand it

Flights booked

SO...when they become available, need to get MNNSSHP tickets

And then Universal tickets/HHN and maybe possibly the Unmasking the Horror tour

I keep trying for earlier times for Ohana but no luck yet

I have personalized our magic bands (never used them before)

I'm so excited to be planning another trip to WDW

Had to switch resorts
Now we will be at Pop Century

Rental car booked

All tickets purchased...just counting down the days

So last night I was looking at the clock and turned to Tony and said
"three weeks from right now, we will be in the air on the way to Orlando"

He looked at me and said "UMMM...you need a new calendar- it's two weeks away"

HOLY cow he's right

OK...so the countdown is really 13 days from today:cool1:

Here is the final plan

The FP+ was pretty cool...had to move one around...I was a little suprized that I can't get one for ToT and RnR on the same day...that was weird...

We switched to Pop Century because I was laid off....but we will be spending so little time there, I don't think it matters...

Arrive last Thurs, Oct 9

Fri, Oct 10- He's gonna kill me because I am waking him up early
Breakfast at the food court
Off to EMH am for AK
FP+ for Kilmanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur
ADR for Yak and Yeti for early lunch
Want to also be sure get Tony to Finding Nemo and one if not both of the animal trails...ITTBaB...and as much else as we can do

Dinner at 5 at Grand Floridian Café ( I am hoping to switch to Ohana...please please)
MNNSHP!!!!

Sat, Oct 11- OK it's not as early...but darn close
Wolfang Puck Café for breakfast (ahh breakfast pizza I have missed you so)
Off to Islands of Adventure for the day
Then Stay and Scream at Halloween Horror Nights (and I will do BOTH!!)
and this is an even later night...sorry Tony

Sun, Oct 12- OK park opens at 9 am...and we wll be there for the opening...but we will be like the zombies we saw the night before at this point...Tony and Elizabeth are the Walking Dead...lol

DHS and FP+ for Star Tours, TSM and ToT
MUST dos on top of this...RnR and Mulch Sweat and Shears...Great Movie Ride..
ADR for Prime Time Café for lunch

OVER to Epcot...I am hoping for Test TRack...come on fingers crossed
would love to do Mission Space and Soarin (yeah I know the last one is a stretch)
Show him the Seas because next time I am diving there and want him to see
A quick run through countries...like on fast forward
Diner ADR at Le Cellier (he's proudly Canadian...he will love it) and then Illuminations (he is also a fireworks freak...)

AND IF WE ARE NOT DEAD
Jump over to MK for EMH

Ahem...the flight leaves at 7 am...which is international...so we have to be checked in for 5 am

Pretty much no sleep...lol

SO...that's the plan....I guess we should start sleeping like 12 hours a day now

I really hope he thinks its a magical as I do

OK...the last thing on my list is to reserve the rental car...I pick up the package from CAA on Oct 2:cool1:

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend

We can do the single digit dance tomorrow....unreal

I am so looking forward to this trip:cheer2:

I have been pretty busy but hope to get the rental car reserved and paid today

Hope you are all having a wonderful day:grouphug:

Have fun! Are you dressing up for the Halloween party?

You should be able to do Test Track as single riders. Hopefully with little wait so you can get more done.

:cool1::rotfl::dance3::yay:

OK it was actually yesterday but it was a crazy day here....8 days away

I tried to explain how to Tony how when you reach the single digits its a big deal...I was talking to him about how the dining plan worked and where we were going (trying to get us both amped up for the trip) and he was like "whatever"...GRRR.

Here's hoping after this trip, he gets it...because I want this to become a regular part of both of our lives!

It's unreal...feels like it was never gonna get here...

And I need some pixie dust and Disney magic people....it's been a crazy summer...I have been laid off, been in a car accident (and all the insurance mess and chiro/physio/massage therapy for the last six weeks) and then my father passed away....

I am an optimist by nature....and I think these things happen in threes....so I should be good

Just spoke to my CAA agent and I go pick up my package at 1:15 today:dance3:

That always makes it more real....and I was holding off on the rental car because Alamo always has the "last minute deals"...but I will do that by the weekend...

I have gathered up all the documents...I just saw a thread saying I don't need the hard ticket for MNSSHP...I think I opted for will call anyway...and Tony was actually looking at costumes in a flyer last night....he said he didn't see a pirate but there were 5 of them....so I am hoping he will get in the spirit...I figure pirate is good with Tink (he said there is no way I could get him in the tights to be Peter Pan:rotfl:)

I guess I will have to start packing soon...I leave the suitcases until last minute as it freaks the dogs out

Hope everyone has a magical day (had to do it!!)

Bags are packed...in the car

I got the RIP tour at Halloween Horror Nights so we could do all 8 houses...eeeekkk about the clowns

Rental car done
Online check in done (at Disney)

About to do the airline check in....I don't think I will sleep at all tonight...tomorrow my head hits the pillow at POP CENTURY!!!!

We have both been exhausted ever since we came back...it was a crazy short trip with not very much sleep at all

The good: he loved Halloween Horror Nights, space mountain, expedition Everest, yak and yeti, MNNSHP (minus the music and his hot costume)

The bad: he HATED the music :-)scared1:), the kids (hello...it's Disney not Sandals), and especially the heat...he said he has no clue how people live there...

I will give a day by day breakdown and I have lots of pics to share...soon I promise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter