:( She's 39.5 inches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a pair of cute sketcher type sneakers in her normal size that she can wear to tour the park will do the trick - she won't be asked to remove them. Platform sandels - she probably will.

I do hope she grows - we have BTDT a few times with my dd's and my neices and until our last trip someone was just short.

Also - if she is that close prepare her to stand tall without tip toes and try and hit the bar - kdis naturally shy away and sometimes duck. She wants to stop the "upside down L" from moving over her head.

Try the height restricted rides early in the day - as the day goes on the spine compresses and we all get shorter.

Finallyl be prepared for the worst - we have had dd's and neices measured at the entrance and meet the height only to be turned away at boarding because the L passed over the head. I don't know why but it happens so hope it doesn't happen to you but be aware that the CM at loading has final say.

So is she 39.5 in bare feet? if that's the case, then no prob. The thickness of the soles of her shoes will boost her the extra half inch, :)

My son is also 39.5, or was at his last doctor visit about two months ago. I'm in the same boat. =( And I appreciate your sense of humor over it:lovestruc

I'm sorry some people people feel the need to bring their snark to a board that celebrates the 'Happiest Place on Earth'. I guess when they stop feeling helpful, and start trolling to pick on new comers, maybe that's a good sign they don't belong =) Just saying. I also am new to this venue, so I don't always search all 130,000 decade old posts before trying to relate to other Disney lovers.

Bless their hearts, all the same.

you do realize that the height restrictions are for the SAFETY of your child right? DH is actually an engineer who studied roller coasters and worked on some and won't let DD ride until she is the required height without shoes.

How come I have a feeling that if something did happen to your child you would be on here complaining that Disney let her on the ride even though it was obvious that she was too small and that you were suing.

You didn't happen to be on the tram @ AK yesterday were you? There was a Mom there yesterday and all she did was complain the entire tram ride back to the car how her DD was just too short. She was 4 years old and Mom was trying to accept the fact that she was just too short and would not be riding the rides.. they go about every 2 weeks.. DD screamed a lot when others touched her carriage.. saying they were touching her carriage...:confused3 cute little girl though...

Nope, not us. But, don't touch our carriage.

Seriously, I'm disappointed, but it's not that crucial. We're going to have a great time, even if we don't ride a single ride. I'd love it if she could ride Splash Mtn with me, but, there's always next time. I'm preparing her ahead of time that her cousin will get to ride things that she can't. I certainly know better than to make a big deal of it in front of my girl. Very basic parenting skill. I'm guessing some parents lack that.

I honestly thought the post was saturated in sarcasm. evidently not.

you do realize that the height restrictions are for the SAFETY of your child right? DH is actually an engineer who studied roller coasters and worked on some and won't let DD ride until she is the required height without shoes.

How come I have a feeling that if something did happen to your child you would be on here complaining that Disney let her on the ride even though it was obvious that she was too small and that you were suing.

Excellent point, and you are right on, Mr. Didn't-Read-The-Whole-Thread. Or, is this Mr. I-Don't-Get-Sarcasm?

you don't need arthritis for insoles... :confused: and it really isn't nice to joke around that your child has something like that, there really are children that do have it...:sad2: You can joke in other ways without using a disease or illness of a child.. :sad2:

lighten up.

I'm on this bus! We leave in 40 days, and DS is only 31 inches.
Can anyone recommend a good pair of shoes to get him that extra 9 inches so he can ride Star Tours?

:) :) :)

If he takes after his daddy, he'll be 10 before he gets to ride Star Tours. Short, short, short. DD got her mommy's long legs :D

you don't need arthritis for insoles... :confused: and it really isn't nice to joke around that your child has something like that, there really are children that do have it...:sad2: You can joke in other ways without using a disease or illness of a child.. :sad2:

I can actually joke any way that I wish.

I'm on this bus! We leave in 40 days, and DS is only 31 inches.
Can anyone recommend a good pair of shoes to get him that extra 9 inches so he can ride Star Tours?

Yeah, girl. Get a Gene Simmons Halloween costume. Giant platform boots. The CM will never notice.

Oh for pete's sake! :lmao: Lighten up people! The OP was obviously venting that his child was just barely under the height limit and injected a little humor into his lamenting.

Then, don't read it. Skip over it. Click on something else. I made it clear in the title what the post was about. There are countless other posts on here which you could click on, so I'm curious as to what made you select the one that you didn't want to have a discussion about.

I'm not asking how I can get her on the rides, or if there are any exceptions. I'm sharing my disappointment, thinking that there might be another mom who is disappointed about the same thing. Stay off the post if you're just going to be snarky. There was no reason for your response.

Excellent point, and you are right on, Mr. Didn't-Read-The-Whole-Thread. Or, is this Mr. I-Don't-Get-Sarcasm?

I can actually joke any way that I wish.

troll-2-worst-movie-of-all-time.jpg

Nope, not us. But, don't touch our carriage.

Seriously, I'm disappointed, but it's not that crucial. We're going to have a great time, even if we don't ride a single ride. I'd love it if she could ride Splash Mtn with me, but, there's always next time. I'm preparing her ahead of time that her cousin will get to ride things that she can't. I certainly know better than to make a big deal of it in front of my girl. Very basic parenting skill. I'm guessing some parents lack that.

I honestly thought the post was saturated in sarcasm. evidently not.
:flower3: no, not here it didn't... there are too many parents who really do look for ways.. and actually do it too! :scared1: I also take personal offense to when parents joke about their child having something wrong with them. I worked with pre-K children for a while who did have special needs.. and that isn't anything to joke about.. your heart breaks when you see a 4 year old walking with braces on their legs... :sad1:

OP....... there's a nice little winking emoticon that works wonders to convey when you are just kidding. Here he is......;)

You'd be amazed at how many people ask this question for real, so when someone mentions platform shoes withOUT the winking emoticon, people are going to take them at their word.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Cute.

Not true. I'm just a sarcastic mom with a slightly warped sense of humor and a short kid.

Or, are you meaning that I'm a troll in the other sense, that I'm a short, mean, ugly person who should live under a bridge? I won't argue with that.

And, on the not-joking-about-illness topic, I disagree. There are people who joke about their own disabilities. There are people who use humor as a coping strategy for dealing with horrific situations. I happen to be one of those, and, as such, I probably would laugh if someone joked about an illness that my child suffered from. As long as the attack isn't personal, humor is a very healthy way of coping with things that make us sad or uncomfortable. That's my opinion. Not everyone is like that.

would you say that if your child had a disease and someone joked about their's having it.. I think not...

smarten up might apply here :confused3.....

yes, let's joke about a child having arthritis..:sad2:

http://www.arthritistoday.org/conditions/juvenile-arthritis/all-about-ja/index.php?gclid=CLClzNmT8asCFQsr7AodbHpa1Q

Actually one of my children does have a disease. In fact, it is skin disorder than can cause a very serious form of inflammatory arthritis. At any time during my son's life he can develop this very serious and debilitating form of arthritis. This was all caused by a strep infection. Any time he complains about any joint hurting, I start to worry. This is not to mention the painful skin lesions he has on his elbows and knees and how his lips and skin on his hands crack open and bleed every winter no matter how much salve or medicine we apply. It also does not mention the teasing he endures. For the record, the OPs joke did not bother me one bit. It was obviously a joke with no harm meant.

Actually one of my children does have a disease. In fact, it is skin disorder than can cause a very serious form of inflammatory arthritis. At any time during my son's life he can develop this very serious and debilitating form of arthritis. This was all caused by a strep infection. Any time he complains about any joint hurting, I start to worry. This is not to mention the painful skin lesions he has on his elbows and knees and how his lips and skin on his hands crack open and bleed every winter no matter how much salve or medicine we apply. It also does not mention the teasing he endures. For the record, the OPs joke did not bother me one bit. It was obviously a joke with no harm meant.
well for the record, it bothered me.. so please do not tell me to lighten up.. we all take jokes in a different way.. please respect someones feelings.. what bothers one, may not bother another.. and visa versa.. just because it is ok to you, doesn't me it must be ok for me... joking about an illness is nothing I joke about, and I take offense to it.. and I will not lighten up on it

Do you make jokes about children with Downs or who are Autistic as well? That would not go over big here, but it is ok to joke about arthritis?

On the bright side, it's one more excuse to go back next year. :thumbsup2

that more or less (meaning next trip) was what this comment was in my post before all of this turned ugly... but it was over looked...

It is like not wining that game too.. you get over it and move on to the next game.. the one that you will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter