:( She's 39.5 inches...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodat1229

Earning My Ears
:sad1: No matter how I look at it, she's just not tall enough. She's gonna miss the flippin' big-girl rides by 1/2 a flippin' inch! I am going to have no choice but to get her some elevator shoes.

I know, I know...There are plenty of things to do, and she won't even know what she's missing, yadda yadda...but she WILL know, because her cousin and her friend will be there, and they are older/taller. So, they'll go on, and she won't, and it will be pitiful. She's a fearless kiddo, and really thinks that she is a big kid. It stinks that it's SOCLOSE. Like losing a basketball game by 1 point.

We'll have fun, anyway, and in the end it won't matter.

Now, where can i get some serious shoe insoles? I think she might need them for her arthritis...

Sure, why not? It's been a day or two since we all had this discussion.

If a CM suspects you are artificially increasing her height, they have been known to measure without shoes on. But you're right, she'll have fun no matter what.

:lmao:

How much time until your trip?

We have heights marked on our growth chart and then used it as an excuse for them to eat their "growing up" foods.

You just never know.

And then the usual: Don't do anything to fake the height of your child, blah blah blah.

I have a few shorties in my family--so they didn't get to do the big rides until much later than their peers. My current is quite the pip-squeek. She may be an adult before she is tall enough.:laughing:

Hey it is your child.. if she is too short and you want her to ride them.. it is your choice.. it is your responsibility too if she does happen to get hurt as well.. I am sure you can find insoles in Wallyworld or Target.

It is like not wining that game too.. you get over it and move on to the next game.. the one that you will win :goodvibes

Then, don't read it. Skip over it. Click on something else. I made it clear in the title what the post was about. There are countless other posts on here which you could click on, so I'm curious as to what made you select the one that you didn't want to have a discussion about.

I'm not asking how I can get her on the rides, or if there are any exceptions. I'm sharing my disappointment, thinking that there might be another mom who is disappointed about the same thing. Stay off the post if you're just going to be snarky. There was no reason for your response.

Then, don't read it. Skip over it. Click on something else. I made it clear in the title what the post was about. There are countless other posts on here which you could click on, so I'm curious as to what made you select the one that you didn't want to have a discussion about.

I'm not asking how I can get her on the rides, or if there are any exceptions. I'm sharing my disappointment, thinking that there might be another mom who is disappointed about the same thing. Stay off the post if you're just going to be snarky. There was no reason for your response.

I thought you were since asking this question....

"Now, where can i get some serious shoe insoles?"

:sad1: No matter how I look at it, she's just not tall enough. She's gonna miss the flippin' big-girl rides by 1/2 a flippin' inch! I am going to have no choice but to get her some elevator shoes.

I know, I know...There are plenty of things to do, and she won't even know what she's missing, yadda yadda...but she WILL know, because her cousin and her friend will be there, and they are older/taller. So, they'll go on, and she won't, and it will be pitiful. She's a fearless kiddo, and really thinks that she is a big kid. It stinks that it's SOCLOSE. Like losing a basketball game by 1 point.

We'll have fun, anyway, and in the end it won't matter.

Now, where can i get some serious shoe insoles? I think she might need them for her arthritis...

Except you twice suggested you were interested in bending the rules. Your sarcasm is not obvious.

I gave the helpful advice that she may be asked to remove her shoes.

Hey it is your child.. if she is too short and you want her to ride them.. it is your choice.. it is your responsibility too if she does happen to get hurt as well.. I am sure you can find insoles in Wallyworld or Target.

I realize that, and I am not serious about the insoles. I wrote that she is going to miss the big-girl rides.

Wow. I guess some people might actually buy elevator shoes for a 4 year old to ride Soarin'. It's not that critical to me. I was kidding. Also, she doesn't have arthritis.

I feel your pain. My son just turned 6 and he still might not be tall enough for some rides :( Poor thing is just a shrimp! Luckily he's not too much of a thrill seeker, but would love for him to go on star wars :)

I had a discussion with a worker from WDW when I called to upgrade my dining plan. I said that we would be coming back in May and I was hoping my daughter would be tall enough to ride the bigger rides by then. She suggested that we put socks underneath her feet in the shoes. I laughed and she said "NO, I'm SERIOUS! We did it with my nephew... he just wore some cowboy boots and we bunched up socks underneath and it worked!"... she must've brought it up about 3 times while I was on the phone with her. Nothing like "bending the rules" coming straight from the workers, huh? :confused3

put her on the rack!! no pain no gain! :)

Do you have one?? Can I rent it from you for the next 40 days?? What about the rings that some African cultures wear to stretch their necks? Do you think I could get 1/2 out of that by Thanksgiving?

You didn't happen to be on the tram @ AK yesterday were you? There was a Mom there yesterday and all she did was complain the entire tram ride back to the car how her DD was just too short. She was 4 years old and Mom was trying to accept the fact that she was just too short and would not be riding the rides.. they go about every 2 weeks.. DD screamed a lot when others touched her carriage.. saying they were touching her carriage...:confused3 cute little girl though...

I realize that, and I am not serious about the insoles. I wrote that she is going to miss the big-girl rides.

We were supposed to know that how? Plenty of people post the same stuff here and are serious.

DD wasn't tall enough last time, and her brother was. We just made sure to do some special things for her over the week that her brother didn't - facepainting and a hair wrap, plus we rode other stuff while waiting or went shopping. (She LOVES shopping. :eek:) On a budget, you could pick up some little gifts ahead of time and pull them out of your bag as needed.

Wow. I guess some people might actually buy elevator shoes for a 4 year old to ride Soarin'. It's not that critical to me. I was kidding. Also, she doesn't have arthritis.

That is sadly true. They post similar questions to yours all the time, and are serious. :goodvibes

I got your sarcasm loud and clear....never thought you were serious about insoles. I have a very adventerous 4 yr old, who also happens to be on the tall side, but not quite 44 in yet. So she was disappointed she could not ride Space Mt but we prepared her before the trip, telling her it was likely not going to happen. It's hard, I know, but my best suggestion is to be very clear BEFORE you arrive that she probably will not be able to ride. You can always check her height at the ride if you think she won't freak out if it's a no. Sorry for your disappointment....

:lmao:

How much time until your trip?

We have heights marked on our growth chart and then used it as an excuse for them to eat their "growing up" foods.

You just never know.

And then the usual: Don't do anything to fake the height of your child, blah blah blah.

I have a few shorties in my family--so they didn't get to do the big rides until much later than their peers. My current is quite the pip-squeek. She may be an adult before she is tall enough.:laughing:

We leave in 41 days. She's getting double portions of green veggies, yogurt and milk these days ;)

Seriously, she has been eating like a little piggie the past week or so. Maybe she'll grow.

Thank you to those of you who are feeling my pain on this.

you don't need arthritis for insoles... :confused: and it really isn't nice to joke around that your child has something like that, there really are children that do have it...:sad2: You can joke in other ways without using a disease or illness of a child.. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter