Sheraton Vistana Timeshare Presentation

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
I was wondering about their timeshare presentation. Do they assign you a certain day to do the presentation? Is it at sheraton vistana? Also, is it really only 90 minutes ? I know you get 100.00 - is that cash? :crazy:

Yes, they will assign a specific day/time. It is at the resort and it usually does last the full 90 min. Not sure about the $100. The amount seems to change from time to time. I've heard/experienced, anywhere from $40 to $100. From our experiences, it was awarded in "Vistana money"---to be spent at the resort on meals or whatever. I have also heard of theme park tickets used as payment.

A few years back we went to one somewhere, could even have been vistana villages and we rec's 100 cash. I wouldn't mind the cash.

wow....didn't realize they gave out cash ? We've done 2 presentations with them and have only received Vistana money and/or passes (Sea World for us).

I just did one this past April for Spring Break. Actually the presentation was for Sheraton Vistana Villages. The gave us 3 nights in a 2 bedroom villa at the original Vistana Resort (Lakes section) for $149. On the second day, we did the presentation. Since I wasn't interested in buying, the salesman didn't even bother to take us around the grounds. So it truly did last only 90 mins. and at the end the redemption center handed me a crisp $100 bill. :banana:
So our 3 nights really ended up being only $49. Not bad for 3 nights in peak Spring Break season. ;)

We went to the timeshare presentation. It was fine until the end when someone came over to offer us a vacation deal for next year. She was so very rude. I don't think anyone ever spoke to me the way she did. I tend to over react, my husband is much more calm and he was even very upset with her. I did receive a 100.00. I am planning to call sheraton directly now that I am back.

I have heard that they give you cash,it was park tickets when we had our ordeal!! Obviously now the ticket option is a bit harder for them with WDW changing how the tickets work. 90 mins -not when we done it! & it was seriously hard sell,they definately do not want you out of their clutches. You could not pay me enough to sit thru another! The unofficial guide has a good piece on Timeshare presentations-try to get a look at one if poss SD :paw:

We could have gotten 2 disney tickets, disney money - I told them we already had both. ::MickeyMo

I just got back from Vistana yesterday. Had 4 phone calls from them during the week. I filled out the survey and told them this was excessive and bordered on hassassment. I will request no phone calls next year. I was not pleased. We turned down the owner's breakfast the first day and they just would not take "no" for an answer.

My in-laws are down there now, they received their welcome package and we not offered the 100.00 that we received last week. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

miaSRN62

I thought your inlaws stayed at vistana and you at OKW. If you stayed, what section were you in? How was you trip other than the calls.

We stayed half of the week.....but were there alot. It's a long story. But my niece is pregnant and my bil and sil couldn't stay long. So at the last minute we split up our stay with 1/2 time at OKW and 1/2 time at Vistana (villa 1434). We were in Fountains I. The reservation was in my and dh's name for the whole week. Sorry for the confusion. I never updated my siggy. It was all pretty last minute with the switch.
Other than the calls the trip was pretty good. We noticed they put up street signs in each village area and more stop signs since our last stay in 2003. Nice touch. Had a little trouble with getting extra toilet paper rolls in our villa during the week. One time it took 7 hours and 2 phone calls to get only 2 rolls of tp. We had asked for 3 rollls. Other than that, the villa was in good condition. I'm always amazed how the villas have never smelled like cigarette smoke even though these are all smoking-optional units. Vistana must do a super job of deodorizing. Carpets looked new.....paint looked relatively fresh.....new pictures and wallpaper border....living room sofa/chair looked almost new. We prefer the Fountains II but we fully understand that we got Fount I because of our Friday check-in. Normally I make sure we come in on a Sat/Sun but the Friday check-in was requested by my in-laws back in Jan before they knew their dd was pregnant.
We had fun feeding the ducks and turtles at the Spa pond area. There are two fairly large turtles in there. We missed not getting a chance to see if the resident otter was still living in the pond between Fountains I and II because we weren't placed in that area.
I like the new system at the cybernet cafe. It was so expensive the old way. Seems to do more business now too. Also noted they have segway rentals now. Vistana staff pointed out to me had I attended the owners update meeting that I would have found that the first rental is free to the owner. All additional rentals are $50 pp for approx 90 min (20 min of which is instructional). :moped:
Never witnessed any jello shots or balloons in lobby during check-in as reported by a few other posters, though I don't doubt they do this. They just weren't doing it on 8/5. Oh...the best thing was when we checked in at 1 pm our villa was ready for us ! Just loved that. We were actually staying at OKW on this date but I was so happy my in-laws got to take advantage of this. :jumping3:

We checked in on thursday 8/4. thrilled to get cascades and we were close to the pool. It also took hours and hours to get things once the weekend came around. The first day our ice maker was broke so they gave us ice and replaced the unit. Our unit outside was getting power washed, our floor was getting painted. A little confusion trying to park and use elevators and stairs. But I was just so happy to have a new unit. We would definately go back especially if I can get a rate like I had this year. The general store provided free coffee in the am, so we didn't even bother to make a pot each day. We visited fountains and lakes and like that area lot. A lot less noisy and crowded at pool area. I still will be afraid to get an older unit. I called the week before and said we had cascades, but when I checked in they said falls, I then said I was told cascades and she played with her computer and put us in cascades. The girl at front desk was very, very helpful. :flower:

Our unit outside was getting power washed, our floor was getting painted. A little confusion trying to park and use elevators and stairs. But I was just so happy to have a new unit. We would definately go back especially if I can get a rate like I had this year. The general store provided free coffee in the am, so we didn't even bother to make a pot each day. We visited fountains and lakes and like that area lot. A lot less noisy and crowded at pool area.
Glad you got the new unit luvdisney ! :cool1:
The Fountains were getting roofs replaced due to the damage of last year's hurricanes. There was a letter in our villa pardoning any noise. We barely noticed the noise though....it was minimal.
I didn't know that about the free coffee in the General Store ! We always pack our own. I have always mentioned the noise factor to those inquiring about the resort. I always find the Cascades side to be more hustling and bustling.....but some people prefer that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter