• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort

cruisin' aunt

Earning My Ears
Dates of stay - 1/14/11-1/28/11

Bldg 16, unit 453, Spas

Unit was recently refurbished and beautiful. There was plenty of room for self and spouse. We took a 2 bedroom unit as we had friends visit.

Kitchen was well equipped. Our only complaint is so minor and one that happens in most villa rentals. PLEASE make the coffee cups bigger!!! :confused:Luckily, I had taken a travel mug and used this.

Bathrooms were gorgeous - loved the glass doors.

Only complaint about the Master bedroom is the easy chair. It is so close to the end of the bed, you really couldn’t easily get by However, chair and bed were both comfortable. Lighting was good with cam lights overhead and reading lamps on both sides of the bed and behind the chair. To be noted - bulbs were bright enough to read by.

Living room sofa and chairs were also comfortable. Furniture was beautiful and extremely well made.

Check in was pleasant and efficient. The dreaded time-share sell was next. Since we had time to kill while we were waiting for the unit, we went to the presentation. We explained to the representative that no sale would be made as we own Disney Vacation and RCI. No problem - not a hard sell presentation. He went through the advantages, mentioned the price, brought over the manager (who asked if we had all the info we needed) who signed off, and off we went with $50.00.

Our time spent at Vistana was pleasant. The biggest problem we had was the lack of internet service.:sad1::sad1: During the 2 week stay, the internet worked in our unit for 4 days! When I called customer service, they indicated that originally it was a problem with our section and they were working on it. Then, it was a resort wide problem. They did send engineering over to our unit to ensure our laptop was set up properly to receive Wi-Fi. They were very responsive - but - even when working, the signal was weak. They really need to upgrade their service inn this area. I know, you’re on vacation. However, in this day and age, people use the internet on social websites, to shop, and to stay in touch. Please bring this service up to the needed service.

Would I stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort again. Most definitely, YES!

Thank you for your review. We just booked a stay here and it is nice to know that we have a great resort to look forward to!

sounds great! We will be there in a month and are very excited!

Yes, the internet service sounds like it is mentioned all the time. Hopefully they are working on that.

I agree with you, I just have to have it now wherever I go. We download pics, check email, check weather, disney information, etc. We're not on it a lot but when I want it, I want it. Isn't that what vacation is all about? Getting what you want, whatever it is! :laughing:

Originally booked from February 27th til March 6th. After our unbelievably bad experience at the Tuscana Resort where we had planned on staying from the 24th to the 26th, I arrived at Vistana reception at approx. 7:30am. So tired and upset from the night we had just experienced, I was greeted by an angel. I really didn't think they would be able to accommodate us but they placed us in Lakes building 7 around 1pm. Opening the door , we were greeted by an immaculate, fresh , large two bedroom unit. Inspecting the unit, it was quality in every sense. We mostly used the fountains pool which was not busy at all, no problem finding loungers , clean. Except for a little rumble from the trucks and Saturday night a couple of young people acting out, no noise from other units except for occasionally a door closing. My 3 children discovered the Activity Center which is a fair ways away from Lakes, this is a big resort. On Sunday morning presuming they were going to move us anyway I went to reception and asked if it would be possible for us to Cascades for my children's convenience. Without hesitation, Chris, immediately found us top floor Cascades building 1. Perfect location.It appears brand new! A little noise from pool late at night but other wise very quiet Next to the market, 2 minutes away from the Super Pool and Zimmies restaurant. The market has Starbucks, plus free internet in the little business area. If you don't have a vehicle and willing to pay a little extra, the market will readily supply most of your items.Zimmies is a great place for food, and in our case alcohol free drinks. Except for a couple of offsite trips we spent the remainder of the week being treated with the utmost kindness, politeness from some of the most caring staff. Most mornings I had the use of the steam room , hot tubs and pool area to myself until mid morning. Never a time that there were no loungers available. My children enjoyed the Rip Slide , I would recommend the 10 dollars and hour , the guys that run this are great and they don't look at the time. After our experience and treatment at the Tuscana Resort (if it looks to good to be true??) which we now trying to put behind us, the Vistana Resort even exceeded our expectations after our last years visit to Vistana Villages. We are already planning for next year. I will say this finally , the renovations and upgrades to the units are second to none. If you still would like to have some photos posted we could arrange that, but I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the quality of the upgraded units.

this is my firts rci exchange week there so if you have some pics it would be nice to look at them, glad u had a nice time, i read about your nightmare at the other place.x

We have some pictures of the units at SVR, Cascades and Lakes section , not sure how to post them on this site. Any ideas or can we email them to you. This was our first visit to Vistana Resort We received one very polite free breakfast?? offer, declined that was it. I make a point of getting out in the morning and looking the resorts over, its a great time to see what they have to offer. You can get lost at this one! The Lakes/Fountains area where we spent our first two days does show a little wear and tear in places on the exterior of some buildings.Building 4 Lakes was receiving a complete exterior renovation. I presume this will be done with all buildings in that area to bring them up to the quality of Cascades, Spas which are all basically brand new looking units. While we were there , I do believe Courts was being renovated.Our Lakes and Cascades units had all brand new appliances , dishes , utensils etc. Everything was spotless.Cleaning staff are always near so don"t be afraid to ask for extra paper towels soaps shampoo. My sister was in building 10 Lakes top floor,This is her choice because of the Lakes pool ,again being a little fussier than I am , she was very pleased with the facilities. Lakes units are somewhat larger than Cascades these are all I can comment on. I was told??, for those that might want to Visit Vistana Villages we can use the pools there too, just make sure you have your parking permit,pass key. Safe travels , hope you have as wonderful weather as we did this year.

you can use a photo uploading site like photobucket or link to a facebook album, or ill pm you my email addy if u like x

Dates of stay - 1/14/11-1/28/11

Bldg 16, unit 453, Spas

Unit was recently refurbished and beautiful. There was plenty of room for self and spouse. We took a 2 bedroom unit as we had friends visit.

Kitchen was well equipped. Our only complaint is so minor and one that happens in most villa rentals. PLEASE make the coffee cups bigger!!! :confused:Luckily, I had taken a travel mug and used this.

Bathrooms were gorgeous - loved the glass doors.

Only complaint about the Master bedroom is the easy chair. It is so close to the end of the bed, you really couldn’t easily get by However, chair and bed were both comfortable. Lighting was good with cam lights overhead and reading lamps on both sides of the bed and behind the chair. To be noted - bulbs were bright enough to read by.

Living room sofa and chairs were also comfortable. Furniture was beautiful and extremely well made.

Check in was pleasant and efficient. The dreaded time-share sell was next. Since we had time to kill while we were waiting for the unit, we went to the presentation. We explained to the representative that no sale would be made as we own Disney Vacation and RCI. No problem - not a hard sell presentation. He went through the advantages, mentioned the price, brought over the manager (who asked if we had all the info we needed) who signed off, and off we went with $50.00.

Our time spent at Vistana was pleasant. The biggest problem we had was the lack of internet service.:sad1::sad1: During the 2 week stay, the internet worked in our unit for 4 days! When I called customer service, they indicated that originally it was a problem with our section and they were working on it. Then, it was a resort wide problem. They did send engineering over to our unit to ensure our laptop was set up properly to receive Wi-Fi. They were very responsive - but - even when working, the signal was weak. They really need to upgrade their service inn this area. I know, you’re on vacation. However, in this day and age, people use the internet on social websites, to shop, and to stay in touch. Please bring this service up to the needed service.

Would I stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort again. Most definitely, YES!

Loved reading your review, as we are heading down in May and staying at the Vistana. I have a coffee question for you :) Are the filters provided, or do I need to put those on my grocery list?
Thanks!

Loved reading your review, as we are heading down in May and staying at the Vistana. I have a coffee question for you :) Are the filters provided, or do I need to put those on my grocery list?
Thanks!

No filters provided. Standard basket type, flat bottom. We bought a pack of 200 on our first visit, and now bring them back about 10 at a time. Only 20 years to finish the pack !!! :lmao:

Originally booked from February 27th til March 6th. After our unbelievably bad experience at the Tuscana Resort where we had planned on staying from the 24th to the 26th, I arrived at Vistana reception at approx. 7:30am. So tired and upset from the night we had just experienced, I was greeted by an angel. I really didn't think they would be able to accommodate us but they placed us in Lakes building 7 around 1pm. Opening the door , we were greeted by an immaculate, fresh , large two bedroom unit. Inspecting the unit, it was quality in every sense. We mostly used the fountains pool which was not busy at all, no problem finding loungers , clean. Except for a little rumble from the trucks and Saturday night a couple of young people acting out, no noise from other units except for occasionally a door closing. My 3 children discovered the Activity Center which is a fair ways away from Lakes, this is a big resort. On Sunday morning presuming they were going to move us anyway I went to reception and asked if it would be possible for us to Cascades for my children's convenience. Without hesitation, Chris, immediately found us top floor Cascades building 1. Perfect location.It appears brand new! A little noise from pool late at night but other wise very quiet Next to the market, 2 minutes away from the Super Pool and Zimmies restaurant. The market has Starbucks, plus free internet in the little business area. If you don't have a vehicle and willing to pay a little extra, the market will readily supply most of your items.Zimmies is a great place for food, and in our case alcohol free drinks. Except for a couple of offsite trips we spent the remainder of the week being treated with the utmost kindness, politeness from some of the most caring staff. Most mornings I had the use of the steam room , hot tubs and pool area to myself until mid morning. Never a time that there were no loungers available. My children enjoyed the Rip Slide , I would recommend the 10 dollars and hour , the guys that run this are great and they don't look at the time. After our experience and treatment at the Tuscana Resort (if it looks to good to be true??) which we now trying to put behind us, the Vistana Resort even exceeded our expectations after our last years visit to Vistana Villages. We are already planning for next year. I will say this finally , the renovations and upgrades to the units are second to none. If you still would like to have some photos posted we could arrange that, but I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the quality of the upgraded units.

We are heading there in May and I'm trying to decide between the Lakes, Cascades or Fountains II units. We have 3 children who are all about the pools..so I figured Cascades would be great. Yet, our youngest needs to nap in the afternoons, so I don't want a really noisy bldg. Someone said the Lakes is more quiet. Since you stayed in both - are both of the units comparable as far as the quality, newness?

This is my opinion only, but I would say,Cascades pool is probably the noisy one.If you are put in bld.2 you are right above it.They do play music & party there until late night,if you close your patio door it may not be an issue?? We were in bld.1 so it faces from the pool.as long as you no what day your checking in,call and request that building.Don't wait until the last week before you go ,try diamond lane.They will not let you have a building that is not that check in day as far as I know.We were in Lakes bld.7 first two days second floor. that was very quite except for a bit of truck noise on the patio,The reason for this is the water fountain was not working.I do know that some were complaining about traffic noise at night in bld.6.I was able to meet a few people this year most were very happy with there units. I always turn ventilation on at night to drowned out toilets being flushed.If you get someone that is an elephant foot or to loud just call security and they WILL deal with it, DAY OR NIGHT!!or request they move you.The only thing we ever heard during the day was the stools being dragged on the tile,and those that let the door slam behind them.Please realize we stayed at the pools for most of the day,but when I would return for siesta it was not noisy by any means.They have air jet toilets so your going to get a shock the first time you us them,you will have get video of your kids on their first flush!! and they can be heard at night.There are others that have far more info on other units.This is paradise compared to the night we spent down the road.

Found flea-like mites in the pillows on the master bed at the Palms. Was moved to a different location and didn't find any more. Managers told us that they didn't find anything in the room. Glad I showed bellman one of our new "friends."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter