Sheraton Vistana Resort transportation question....

angiebaylor

Mouseketeer
Hi! I was hoping I could get some more info on the Sheraton Vistana Resort and transportation options. My friend has invited me along to come and stay at her timeshare this Oct. :cool1: I have always stayed on property going to Disney and this is a first for my friend and her little boy too so was wondering what the transportation options were. Is there a free shuttle that will take us to and from the resort to the parks? Do most people rent a car and than pay for parking at the parks? If so how much is the parking for a week? If we do not rent a car what is the best way to get to the resort from the airport....we have always used the magical express so I dont know what the options are besides a taxi but I am thinking that will be pretty pricey!!!

THanks again! Just trying to do all of my research so we will be prepared!!!

I highly recommend you rent a car for your stay at the Vistana Resort. It will be much cheaper in the long run & give you more flexibility. VR does not provide transportation to/from the airport. They do have a paid shuttle available to the parks. The times are limited & it costs per person. I have a schedule from March. DH took it one way to Epcot when we were there in March (he didn't want to get up as early as DS & I). It was basically a large van so I would think space would be an issue during peak times,

By renting a car you will be able to get to/from airport, get to the parks, grocery store run & eat at the restaurants nearby. Check out the transportation thread for codes on rental cars & you will find a good price on rental cars.

I highly recommend you rent a car for your stay at the Vistana Resort. It will be much cheaper in the long run & give you more flexibility. VR does not provide transportation to/from the airport. They do have a paid shuttle available to the parks. The times are limited & it costs per person. I have a schedule from March. DH took it one way to Epcot when we were there in March (he didn't want to get up as early as DS & I). It was basically a large van so I would think space would be an issue during peak times,

By renting a car you will be able to get to/from airport, get to the parks, grocery store run & eat at the restaurants nearby. Check out the transportation thread for codes on rental cars & you will find a good price on rental cars.

Agree with ttfn3; rental car is highly recommended.

Parking is free at the resort, and $15/day at the parks. Note that parking at Disney allows in-and-out and multi-lot each day, so you can park hop, or go back to the resort mid-day and only pay parking once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter