Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Banker, had a chance to take a quick look at this site. Hard to believe almost 3 months to the day now I was sitting in that exact spot. As on a previous post , we were planning on Hawaii next year but doing a little research , let's just say it is ridiculously expensive and from here over 30 hours travel time for a 7 day visit. Just doesn't seem realistic. (about six hrs.here to Sanford) Can't believe how relaxed I was away from everything enjoying that day at the pool. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/cool1.gif
Unfortunately in this province now, our poor leadership is destroying the economy so quickly that we are holding off planning next February's vacation until late 2013. It looks like more than a few of us in New Brunswick are giving up and heading West.How things have changed in a year. I guess I can take advantage of all the free? trips to Florida I have "won" in the last two months, at least once a week I now receive a phone call saying I am a winner. LOL! I hope any one receiving such calls will not be tempted to push *1
Again I hope those who will be visiting SVR in the near future will have as memorable a vacation experience as we have had.

There are a couple of days more until our vacation. On our last day, our flight leaves in the early evening. We are planning on checking out in the morning but staying at the resort to enjoy the pools. Is there a common bathroom where the kids can take a quick rinse at the end of the day and for them to change? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, will towels be provided by the pool areas as well? Just need to know if I need to pack more towels for us.

tots05 said:
There are a couple of days more until our vacation. On our last day, our flight leaves in the early evening. We are planning on checking out in the morning but staying at the resort to enjoy the pools. Is there a common bathroom where the kids can take a quick rinse at the end of the day and for them to change? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, will towels be provided by the pool areas as well? Just need to know if I need to pack more towels for us.

We were there last month and all the pools have pool towels. There is a bathroom with showers at the pool with the waterfall. Sorry I forgot the name of the area of the resort that pool was in.

We were there last month and all the pools have pool towels. There is a bathroom with showers at the pool with the waterfall. Sorry I forgot the name of the area of the resort that pool was in.

thank you :) now I don't have to worry too much anymore :)

I "think" I have been following pretty consistantly.... BUT, are there any reviews (recent) of the resort out there? We are headed out in Oct and I am really looking forward to it, but know pretty much nothing about it :). Would love to see others' pics.

I "think" I have been following pretty consistantly.... BUT, are there any reviews (recent) of the resort out there? We are headed out in Oct and I am really looking forward to it, but know pretty much nothing about it :). Would love to see others' pics.

You should be able to find some reviews on Tripadvisor.

As someone who is going back there for the 4th time, third time in 4 years, I can tell you that you will NOT be disappointed - and you will NOT want to stay at another time share again. The rooms are all newly refurbished, down to the studs in the walls. Everything is modern and most importantly Clean!! We had an over two week trip last year and could only get one week at Vistana - so we had to stay at another time share. Lets just say Never again!!!!!! To us,there is no comparison. We call it our home away from home. I don't think you would feel differently! Enjoy!

There are the only pics I took on my phone, so sorry they were so crappy! ...

We were in Cascades. I have the view from the balcony and two of the main living space. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit.

1556c3d9-3fbf-4106-8bd8-cb635171e3f4_zpse6b338cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

4a5af051-b42e-4549-970a-8a233deb5ce3_zps4ba5b394.jpg

image-1_zpsb4f003fc.jpg

Here are 3 more showing our villa standing on the bridge across the way. These also show what you saw from my balcony shot. Sorry I didn't take any more of the interior.

DSCF6173_zpsdf98f83e.jpg

DSCF6171_zpsd26f7bb0.jpg

DSCF6170_zps2642c31c.jpg

Thanks! That is exactly what I was hoping for! Some pictures of the resort/rooms (especially the 2BR). Every little bit helps :)

You should be able to find some reviews on Tripadvisor.

As someone who is going back there for the 4th time, third time in 4 years, I can tell you that you will NOT be disappointed - and you will NOT want to stay at another time share again. The rooms are all newly refurbished, down to the studs in the walls. Everything is modern and most importantly Clean!! We had an over two week trip last year and could only get one week at Vistana - so we had to stay at another time share. Lets just say Never again!!!!!! To us,there is no comparison. We call it our home away from home. I don't think you would feel differently! Enjoy!

There are the only pics I took on my phone, so sorry they were so crappy! ...

We were in Cascades. I have the view from the balcony and two of the main living space. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit.

Here are 3 more showing our villa standing on the bridge across the way. These also show what you saw from my balcony shot. Sorry I didn't take any more of the interior.

Great photos, mrsap! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing them with us!

No problem! Wish I took some more of the inside. The master bedroom is large and beautiful with its own large bathroom that includes a jacuzzi tub, two sinks and a stand alone shower....and the 2nd br has double full sized beds with a connecting large bathroom with tub and shower, that can also be accessed from the kitchen area. There is also a washer/dryer. We really love it there.

I am getting REALLY excited. We were originally going to stay at Bonnet Creek, but my in-laws offered us the use of their timeshare for a week, so we are going to spend our last 7 nights here at the Sheraton! I have never been offsite, but have a 12 year old DS and 11 year old DD. We NEED the space :)!

I am sooooo confused with the different areas (cascades, fountains, etc). Can anyone tell me which would be a better option for my kids' ages? They are pool lovers (we are in AZ, so we swim ALL the time).

My other question is this; I am seeing different information everywhere I look. Are all the rooms renovated now? I am not spoiled by any means, but we are staying in a presidential 2BR at WBC for three nights before and I can't seem to find any comparison reports. Has anyone been to both to tell me if the rooms compare at all? (please don't flame, I know people get territorial over which places are better, I just want to know if they compare in decor and amenities)

I appreciate everyone's help on this thread. I have gotten a ton of info already!!!!

Oh, one more question! I am a student so will have my laptop with me. Is the Wi-Fi spotty or is it pretty reliable? I can always Hotspot off of my husband's Iphone, but that is slow service.

Thanks!

We just got back from a week's stay. We had never stayed here and our family of 5 loved it. We arrived early on our check in day and checked in quickly and were allowed to use the premises until they called to say our room was ready. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

We rode around and explored first. The resort is very large and it all looked very pretty to me. We stayed in the Fountains section on the bottom floor. We didn't have the greatest view but we were only steps away from the pool and hot tubs so that was very convenient.

The kids loved the Fountains pool! They tried out the main pool and one other, too, but the Fountains was the favorite. They are 13, 11, 8. We didn't really participate in any resort activities, so I have no experience with that. They did give us a printout of the week's activities, though. We were going to attend the market they have, but it was cancelled because of possible rain.

The room was great. It was a large space and very clean. The kitchen was adequately stocked. The only thing we could have used that was not there was a cheese grater. There was plenty of tp, paper towels, and even enough dishwasher soap to get us through.

As for the wifi, our laptop worked fine at the dining table, but my iphone struggled in the master bedroom. We didn't really try other spots, but I have read that others had spotty service. They did have a business center in the Fountains building.

We have only stayed in one other timeshare in Orlando, so I don't have much to compare it with but it is definitely a place we would love to stay at again. We have stayed onsite and that was fun, but now that my kids are bigger, I enjoyed the extra space, kitchen, and washer/dryer very much! It was a great week.

We just got back from a week's stay. We had never stayed here and our family of 5 loved it. We arrived early on our check in day and checked in quickly and were allowed to use the premises until they called to say our room was ready. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

We rode around and explored first. The resort is very large and it all looked very pretty to me. We stayed in the Fountains section on the bottom floor. We didn't have the greatest view but we were only steps away from the pool and hot tubs so that was very convenient.

The kids loved the Fountains pool! They tried out the main pool and one other, too, but the Fountains was the favorite. They are 13, 11, 8. We didn't really participate in any resort activities, so I have no experience with that. They did give us a printout of the week's activities, though. We were going to attend the market they have, but it was cancelled because of possible rain.

The room was great. It was a large space and very clean. The kitchen was adequately stocked. The only thing we could have used that was not there was a cheese grater. There was plenty of tp, paper towels, and even enough dishwasher soap to get us through.

As for the wifi, our laptop worked fine at the dining table, but my iphone struggled in the master bedroom. We didn't really try other spots, but I have read that others had spotty service. They did have a business center in the Fountains building.

We have only stayed in one other timeshare in Orlando, so I don't have much to compare it with but it is definitely a place we would love to stay at again. We have stayed onsite and that was fun, but now that my kids are bigger, I enjoyed the extra space, kitchen, and washer/dryer very much! It was a great week.

Great review! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing!

All these glowing reports are getting me very excited for our August visit :) .

My other question is this; I am seeing different information everywhere I look. Are all the rooms renovated now? I am not spoiled by any means, but we are staying in a presidential 2BR at WBC for three nights before and I can't seem to find any comparison reports. Has anyone been to both to tell me if the rooms compare at all? (please don't flame, I know people get territorial over which places are better, I just want to know if they compare in decor and amenities)

From what I understand, all of the rooms were refurbished between 2007 and 2011. This article might help relieve your mind:

http://www.specialoffers.starwoodho...Press Release for SVR RenovationsApproved.pdf

If you check out TripAdvisor, you are hard pressed to find a guest review that complains about the condition and finishings of the rooms. Most people seem to be very impressed by the quality and cleanliness, which is one of the factors that sold us on staying there for this upcoming vacation :) .

I am getting REALLY excited. We were originally going to stay at Bonnet Creek, but my in-laws offered us the use of their timeshare for a week, so we are going to spend our last 7 nights here at the Sheraton! I have never been offsite, but have a 12 year old DS and 11 year old DD. We NEED the space :)!

I am sooooo confused with the different areas (cascades, fountains, etc). Can anyone tell me which would be a better option for my kids' ages? They are pool lovers (we are in AZ, so we swim ALL the time).

I appreciate everyone's help on this thread. I have gotten a ton of info already!!!!

Oh, one more question! I am a student so will have my laptop with me. Is the Wi-Fi spotty or is it pretty reliable? I can always Hotspot off of my husband's Iphone, but that is slow service.

Thanks!

Wow, away from the boards for a week, and this thread explodes with a whole page of posts!

I just wanted to add an invite to c4alymom to please post a comparison here when you return! WBC gets lots of buzz, but I've never really thought about staying there. I am definitely not a "high-rise" person, so we stay away from vacation properties that have towers. I get enough high-rise hotels on business travel, I like a real low-rise villa feel on vacation - but that's only personal taste! I'd love to hear a comparison from someone who's been to both.

There are no bad sections for your family - the kids know how to swim so all the pools are appropriate (you don't need zero entry). For a big resort it really is compact - my teens have no problems walking a couple of blocks between pools to change it up.

For those who want pictures, I took a ton on a walkabout of the resort last trip. I'm working on a thread that I hope to post soon; I want to have the first posts all done before I actually start. I did provide Gina a sneak peek at the photos on pbucket (she's just too excited for her August trip!) - hopefully I'll finally get it together for the rest of the Vistana followers here.

For those who want pictures, I took a ton on a walkabout of the resort last trip. I'm working on a thread that I hope to post soon; I want to have the first posts all done before I actually start. I did provide Gina a sneak peek at the photos on pbucket (she's just too excited for her August trip!) - hopefully I'll finally get it together for the rest of the Vistana followers here.

What a treat those pics will be for the Vistana thread Disers!! Let me say once again how awesome they are......I will admit to perusing them regularly when my excitement gets the better of me :) (which is often.....but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you :rotfl: :rolleyes1).

I, too, would be interested in a WBC/SVR comparison from a guest who experiences both resorts in the same trip.

Thanks!

To my knowledge, all the rooms were updated/renovated as of 2011. I have stayed in both the Cascades and Fountains sections and I think you will have plenty of space in either. I believe Cascades section is where the super pool is. I remember the fountains pool being just as nice (just not as big) if you are put in that section. there is also a game room for the kids to enjoy - a market if you forget something, their own restaurants and bar as well. They will even deliver food to your room. Lots of daily activities if you're into that, or have time. I don't recall having any wifi trouble, but I was just using it for Internet searching and email. I have not stayed at WBC, but from my Vistana experience, I can say you should be happy. Enjoy!

Thanks so much everyone! I will definitely come back and review/compare the two resorts.

I was a little worried about switching in the middle of the trip, but am sure we will be fine.

My kids' only request is that they be able to swim, so if the resort is small enough that we can travel between the pools, then we should be good.

I agree with the others regarding no bad sections for your family. we loved it soo much that it is hard to go back onsite and pay double for half the size room. we paid $175 a night for 2 bedroom and it was new and huge. two bathrooms you cant go wrong. location is great. lots of food nearby. really were no negatives i can recall.

I can chime in on the comparison of the Vistana Resort vs WBC. We have stayed at the VR multiple times and WBC twice. We prefer the resort feel at VR. I love the screened lanai and all the beautiful landscaping. We have stayed in 2BRs at the VR. The Fountains area is my favorite area. No elevators which isn't a concern for us. The top floor units have great vaulted ceilings, the rooms are HUGE, and the furnishings are really really nice since the renovation. I love the Fountains pool area. We always have a car & I definitely would recommend one if staying here. We like that its close to offsite restaurants and shopping.

The WBC is all high buildings. They have units larger than 2BR. We needed a 3BR so we chose this resort. We had a nice view of the Epcot fireworks and the ponds. The room was nice. We stayed here when they offered free shuttles to the disney parks. I liked being able to stagger our start times to our day at the parks (DH likes to sleep in. DS & I are rope drop lovers). I didn't like the balconies - just a few chairs, not screened in and there's no screen on the door leading to the balcony. We like having the door open and getting some fresh air. We didn't like feeling more isolated from offsite restaurants etc. I would stay here again if we needed more than a 2BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter