• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Turn right out of the resort onto 535. At the first light turn right onto 536. Follow this road (go past the Marriott and over I-4) into WDW and follow the signs to the park you want to go to. That is easiest and fastest. Returning back to the resort at night, just do the opposite. Turning left from 536 onto 535 can take some time, though.

You can also turn left out of the resort onto 535 and go through a few lights (can be very long) until you get to a left turn (there are 2 lanes turning left)into the DTD area. it's not very far, but could take some time because of the lights. You will then go past the DTD hotels, parking lots, etc. There are several lights along here also that can be long and take up some time. Follow the signs to whatever park you are going to for the day.

Thanks!:goodvibes

We’re back from a lovely stay at the Vistana Resort. It was our 6th stay here (fyi - last 2 yrs we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek). We rented from an owner on Redweek.com, and utilized Diamond Lane on the SVR website. All our requests were met – 2 bedroom Fountains, away from traffic, top floor, short walk to the pool. We loved the vaulted ceiling & skylight in the living area. The renovations are FABULOUS – new appliances, upgraded bathrooms, nice furnishings, large electronic safe (big enough for a laptop plus other electronic equipment). The only minor issues were the very noisy flushing of the toilets (we were glad we were on the top floor), and firm bed pillows. Maintenance & Security at the resort were really good.

We like the solid construction, and the nice screened in balcony complete with a table, 4 chairs, ceiling fan, and an electrical outlet – my favorite room. FYI we found the wi-fi better on the balcony (FREE). The landscaping is mature, and we had a nice view of the pond below a large tree. Felt very private. The unit was a close to the pool, basketball court, shuffleboards, sand volleyball, arcade, etc. FYI - The bar in the pool area had a large glass dispenser of ice water & plastic cups so you could get water as needed. Nice touch.

Lots of things to do at the resort – many pools, hot tubs, mini golf, tennis, sand and water volleyball, shuffleboard, arcades, bars, general store, movie night at the pool, bingo, places to get food, etc. The pools have ample chairs & towels, and plenty of places to find shade if needed. One afternoon, there was a Farmers market & local craft booths set up near the General Store.

We went to 3 Disney Parks, Downtown Disney, City Walk, Sebring FL, Celebration FL, Outlet Malls, etc MK opened at 9 am the day we went. We left our room at 8 am, and made it to the front of the park in plenty of time to watch the opening show (and to Space Mtn at opening). We left our room at 8 am on the day we went to the Studios, and made it in ample time for the 8:45 am park opening (listed as 9).

Here are a few tips from our stay:
•Register for Diamond Lane check about 3-4 weeks before your visit. MUCH shorter line.
•We found a small coupon book in the Reception Area (also in bldg by the Fountains Pool) that has the Sheraton Logo on it, and says “Vacation Value Booklet”. The booklet has coupons good at the resort. We used several for FREE A&W rootbeer floats in the Fountains Food Court. We also used quite a few to get FREE bingo (you can use more than one at time).
•You can use your own putters/golf balls on the miniature golf course – so you don’t have to pay for miniature golf. My DH went to a Play It Again Sports on 192, and bought some $5 putters and balls. And the end of our trip, we gave them to a family at the pool area. The resort charges $5 per person each time to play miniature golf.
•From Rt. 535 - if you need to turn left into the resort & the traffic is heavy, drive past the SVR sign, and turn left at the traffic light near Walgreens. The road (Meadow Creek Dr) loops around to the Fountains entrance. You can turn left for the other section of the resort (Cascades, etc).
•For I-4, it can be easier to turn right out of the resort, and then take a route onto 536 to I-4.
•The shuttle service to the parks isn’t that great. I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car if you are staying here. The cost per person to the Disney parks is $9 per person (includes round trip). I have a schedule from our visit. DH used it once to travel to Epcot one way. (FYI departure & return times are pretty limited). I’ll try to scan it next week and post it.
•The resort provides transportation to the other areas of the resort. They ask that you call 30 minutes before you need the shuttle for a ride. I believe they use golf carts for this service (we just walked or drove).
•Security is excellent. We were asked to show our key when we entered the gated areas of the resort.
•My DS is a runner, and found plenty of shaded paths for his morning runs.

We’re back from a lovely stay at the Vistana Resort. It was our 6th stay here (fyi - last 2 yrs we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek). We rented from an owner on Redweek.com, and utilized Diamond Lane on the SVR website. All our requests were met – 2 bedroom Fountains, away from traffic, top floor, short walk to the pool. We loved the vaulted ceiling & skylight in the living area. The renovations are FABULOUS – new appliances, upgraded bathrooms, nice furnishings, large electronic safe (big enough for a laptop plus other electronic equipment). The only minor issues were the very noisy flushing of the toilets (we were glad we were on the top floor), and firm bed pillows. Maintenance & Security at the resort were really good.

We like the solid construction, and the nice screened in balcony complete with a table, 4 chairs, ceiling fan, and an electrical outlet – my favorite room. FYI we found the wi-fi better on the balcony (FREE). The landscaping is mature, and we had a nice view of the pond below a large tree. Felt very private. The unit was a close to the pool, basketball court, shuffleboards, sand volleyball, arcade, etc. FYI - The bar in the pool area had a large glass dispenser of ice water & plastic cups so you could get water as needed. Nice touch.

Lots of things to do at the resort – many pools, hot tubs, mini golf, tennis, sand and water volleyball, shuffleboard, arcades, bars, general store, movie night at the pool, bingo, places to get food, etc. The pools have ample chairs & towels, and plenty of places to find shade if needed. One afternoon, there was a Farmers market & local craft booths set up near the General Store.

We went to 3 Disney Parks, Downtown Disney, City Walk, Sebring FL, Celebration FL, Outlet Malls, etc MK opened at 9 am the day we went. We left our room at 8 am, and made it to the front of the park in plenty of time to watch the opening show (and to Space Mtn at opening). We left our room at 8 am on the day we went to the Studios, and made it in ample time for the 8:45 am park opening (listed as 9).

•Register for Diamond Lane check about 3-4 weeks before your visit. MUCH shorter line.
•We found a small coupon book in the Reception Area (also in bldg by the Fountains Pool) that has the Sheraton Logo on it, and says “Vacation Value Booklet”. The booklet has coupons good at the resort. We used several for FREE A&W rootbeer floats in the Fountains Food Court. We also used quite a few to get FREE bingo (you can use more than one at time).
•You can use your own putters/golf balls on the miniature golf course – so you don’t have to pay for miniature golf. My DH went to a Play It Again Sports on 192, and bought some $5 putters and balls. And the end of our trip, we gave them to a family at the pool area. The resort charges $5 per person each time to play miniature golf.
•From Rt. 535 - if you need to turn left into the resort & the traffic is heavy, drive past the SVR sign, and turn left at the traffic light near Walgreens. The road (Meadow Creek Dr) loops around to the Fountains entrance. You can turn left for the other section of the resort (Cascades, etc).
•For I-4, it can be easier to turn right out of the resort, and then take a route onto 536 to I-4.
•The shuttle service to the parks isn’t that great. I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car if you are staying here. The cost per person to the Disney parks is $9 per person (includes round trip). I have a schedule from our visit. DH used it once to travel to Epcot one way. (FYI departure & return times are pretty limited). I’ll try to scan it next week and post it.
•The resort provides transportation to the other areas of the resort. They ask that you call 30 minutes before you need the shuttle for a ride. I believe they use golf carts for this service (we just walked or drove).
•Security is excellent. We were asked to show our key when we entered the gated areas of the resort.

Thanks for the review...we head down in just over 3 weeks. :woohoo:

Thanks:goodvibes We leave in a week. Did you say the wi-fi is free?

Yes - we had free wi-fi in our room. The reception was a bit slow in our unit. We found excellent reception on the balcony. When we checked in, we were given a password to use to login. We were able to get wi-fi on all our electronic devices.

Howdy,

This thread has been a big help as I plan my trip, thanks everyone! There is one topic I haven't seen covered yet. We booked directly with Sheraton and got a package that included the 4th night free, as well as a $100 food & beverage credit. The Sheraton site is pretty vague about where the credit can be used. I think it's safe to assume we could spend it at the restaurants, food court, etc. Ideally I'd like to use it to stock up on in-room snaks and drinks from the Marketplace, since we'll rarely be at the resort at mealtimes. (We're die-hard Disney commandos and will be at the parks from open to close!) But if I can get coffee, soda, granola bars, yogurt, etc. it would be helpful.

Has anyone else booked and stayed with this promo? Anyone know if the credit would be good at the Marketplace?

Thanks!

Yes - we had free wi-fi in our room. The reception was a bit slow in our unit. We found excellent reception on the balcony. When we checked in, we were given a password to use to login. We were able to get wi-fi on all our electronic devices.

Thank you :goodvibes
I need to let my DISer friends know if TT is open next week :thumbsup2
Crossing my fingers!!!

Hi I submitted my diamond lane a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. We will be arriving on April 27. Should I follow up with an email and if so, to what address?:confused3

Also if anyone has insight on my previous question (a few posts back) I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

:confused3Can anyone give me information on the one bedrooms... where are they located...can I get a patio one bedroom... or what about a balcony? Which is better...I check in on Sunday May 13 where do you think it would be... also if I ask for a patio one bedroom... can we smoke on the patio?:confused3

Hi I submitted my diamond lane a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. We will be arriving on April 27. Should I follow up with an email and if so, to what address?:confused3

Also if anyone has insight on my previous question (a few posts back) I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Diamond Lane request usually get a response a couple of weeks before your arrival as that is when they assign rooms (the reservations are passed over by the major exchange companies a couple of weeks before). So just about now is when you should get an acknowledgement.

No insights into the credit, sorry. I "think" you can charge back at the marketplace, but I have never done this. But even if you can, I am not sure if it would appear in the F&B category on your bill so that the credit can apply. Perhaps a call to the concierge or front desk at the resort will find an answer?

:confused3Can anyone give me information on the one bedrooms... where are they located...can I get a patio one bedroom... or what about a balcony? Which is better...I check in on Sunday May 13 where do you think it would be... also if I ask for a patio one bedroom... can we smoke on the patio?:confused3

I believe that only the Cascades and Lakes sections have one bedroom (lock-off) villas. Both of those sections have Sunday check-ins. Cascades is located more or less at the middle of the resort and to the front near SR 535 that runs in front of the resort. Lakes is at the back of the resort relatively close to I-4 (our first visit at this resort was at Lakes and we didn't have any issues with highway noise but that was just our experience). The villa line drawings at the starwoodvo.com website shows balconies on both of the one-bedroom villa styles in Cascades and on one of the two one-bedroom villa styles in Lakes (I was surprised that all of the villas don't have balconies/patios). There are patios on the ground floor villas of the villa styles that have balconies. I don't know what the resort's smoking policy is.

Dick Taylor

Diamond Lane request usually get a response a couple of weeks before your arrival as that is when they assign rooms (the reservations are passed over by the major exchange companies a couple of weeks before). So just about now is when you should get an acknowledgement.

No insights into the credit, sorry. I "think" you can charge back at the marketplace, but I have never done this. But even if you can, I am not sure if it would appear in the F&B category on your bill so that the credit can apply. Perhaps a call to the concierge or front desk at the resort will find an answer?

Thanks for your reply! I'll give them a call or else, just find a way to spend it all at the ice cream counter!:rotfl:

Just checked out on Sunday and moved to Beach Club Villas. I will say that our stay at SVR was much better than what we have experienced since our move into BCV's. Vistana Resort is in much better condition, service better, larger villas. just better all around. Our best time of driving to MAgic Kingdom was 10 minutes from turning right out of the resort, into the MK parking lot and walking onto the ferry. AWESOME!

the only thing we really didn't like at Vistana Resort was the new huge pool area. It's way too big and loud for our taste. We were much happier at the Cascades pool.

I stayed in a 1-BR in Cascades when we were there in Aug/Sept last year. I posted pics of our 1-BR on pg 27, post #398. We used Diamond Lane, check-in day was a Sunday. We got there about 1:00 pm and our room, with all of our requests, was ready for us.

We were on the first floor, so, I guess you could we had a patio. The patio was off of the 1-BR and the patio didn't have a door to the outside.

All of the rooms at SVR are smoke-free and there is no smoking on the patio. There are designated smoking areas posted outside away from the buildings. They will charge your account if they can confirm that you were smoking in the room. My DW was speaking to a cleaning staff member, the day we checked-in, and the staff member mentioned that she was charging a guest for smoking.

Thanks for your reply! I'll give them a call or else, just find a way to spend it all at the ice cream counter!:rotfl:

There's also something to be said for an ice cold beverage after a hot day at the parks... :drinking1

IThe villa line drawings at the starwoodvo.com website shows balconies on both of the one-bedroom villa styles in Cascades and on one of the two one-bedroom villa styles in Lakes (I was surprised that all of the villas don't have balconies/patios). Dick Taylor

The smaller units (half of the 2BR lockoff) do not have balconies in Cascades either. DSIL stayed in one of these units last year, but they were very happy with it even without the patio/balcony.

DSA's in Lakes are a bit more accessable than in Cascades - best Cascades buildings for smokers would be 2, 3, 4. In Lakes, 1-5 and 10. (see map a few pages back for the DSA locations).

Contacted SVR today because I hadn't heard anything on my Diamond Lane requests. I was a little panicky at first when they couldn't find my reservations but after a couple of emails it was all straightened out. Ada the Diamond Lane Coordinator was fantastic..she never did find my original DL requests, so had me email her what I wanted. If all the staff is this helpful this is going to be a very enjoyable trip!! :thumbsup2

Contacted SVR today because I hadn't heard anything on my Diamond Lane requests. I was a little panicky at first when they couldn't find my reservations but after a couple of emails it was all straightened out. Ada the Diamond Lane Coordinator was fantastic..she never did find my original DL requests, so had me email her what I wanted. If all the staff is this helpful this is going to be a very enjoyable trip!! :thumbsup2

I think you will be very happy with the level of service here. We did our reservation through Starwood using our points, and made our request then and got exactly what we wanted. We are thinking now of staying here in October instead of Sheraton Vistana Villages where we own just because we liked it so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter