• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Well I called and said they didn't see it, they already have us in Cascades section, but said I could still put in a request so I requested a quieter area in that section if possible. Time will tell.

I have been following the posts the last few days, I too was curious why I never received anything back from the resort. I decided to call and they had not received my diamond lane request. The representative was very polite when I again requested to be in Lakes Village. She stated that they do the best that they can to fulfill our requests but it has everything to do with how busy the resort is upon arrival. We have had very good luck concerning the Sheraton chain of hotels. My husband will refuse to stay in a ground floor unit simply because Florida does have a snake or two. Our friends claim that this is run as well as villages were we visited last year and were treated very well by all.We had our towels taken?, but the staff were very good about it.My husband could not believe some one would be greedy enough to take (5) pool towels from us while we were swimming.

Thought it was ironic right the day after I call to verify things I get an email

We are sorry that we had not answered your e-mail when it was received. Our system does not generate an automatic e-mail to advise guests’ that their e-mail has been received. We want you to know that your requests have not been overlooked and you have not been forgotten. We would like to mention that we work on reservations 2 weeks prior to guests’ arrival due to our systems programming. E-mails are then answered accordingly after.

Have a great day.

Followed my resort conf # and dates of stay with two files attached, one being a PDF of the resort map and the other was activities going on at the resort location this week.

I am leaving my snow and ice behind and heading to florida feb 22nd to march 3 2011. We are going with my parents so there is a party of 5.3 adults and my 2 boys (12 and 4). I qualify for an employee rate at all starwood hotels and resorts. We have had the vistana resort booked since last year and now the walt disney dolphin has become available for the last 3 days of our stay at the same price i pay for the villas. This is a once in a lifetime trip and i really want to know is it worth switching hotels the last 3 days and pay the extra adult fee and rollaway but is it really worth it? SHuoid I just stay at the vistana or should I switch and tough out a hotel room with 2 double beds just to say I stayed at the dolphin. I am so confused???:headache:

I am leaving my snow and ice behind and heading to florida feb 22nd to march 3 2011. We are going with my parents so there is a party of 5.3 adults and my 2 boys (12 and 4). I qualify for an employee rate at all starwood hotels and resorts. We have had the vistana resort booked since last year and now the walt disney dolphin has become available for the last 3 days of our stay at the same price i pay for the villas. This is a once in a lifetime trip and i really want to know is it worth switching hotels the last 3 days and pay the extra adult fee and rollaway but is it really worth it? SHuoid I just stay at the vistana or should I switch and tough out a hotel room with 2 double beds just to say I stayed at the dolphin. I am so confused???:headache:

I guess it depends if you are OK with less space. The Boardwak area is amazing (just stayed there in October) but with a lot of people, I'd stick with Vistana.

Well I called and said they didn't see it, they already have us in Cascades section, but said I could still put in a request so I requested a quieter area in that section if possible. Time will tell.

Did you ask for the top floor? Not sure if the unit you requested is available for this, but if it is, you won't hear the neighbors above you on the top floor. We stayed in a top floor unit at the end of the building in one of the cul-de-sac style areas and it was great.

Did you ask for the top floor? Not sure if the unit you requested is available for this, but if it is, you won't hear the neighbors above you on the top floor. We stayed in a top floor unit at the end of the building in one of the cul-de-sac style areas and it was great.

I requested "a quieter area, away from pools, upper floor" will find out soon enough where we end up.

...two files attached, one being a PDF of the resort map and the other was activities going on at the resort location this week.

Hello, we've booked two villas for a week in July/August 2011. Would it be possible for you to attach those PDF's to a post?

Thanks,
Ted

I guess it depends if you are OK with less space. The Boardwak area is amazing (just stayed there in October) but with a lot of people, I'd stick with Vistana.

I'd stay for a couple days at the Dolphin, maybe 2, that's enough time to enjoy the boardwalk area and see illuminations at night.
I quoted the wrong post, you get my meaning

so i just called diamond lane because i haven heard anything back and they tell me I am not elegible becuase i am a starwood employee staying on a hotrate but she could tell me i am not on a groundfloor like i requested but i am in a newly renovated section with an elevator...she could not tell me what section...arrr so i guess my request is null and void and thats why i hadnt heard anything but she did tell me before she let me go that i do qualify for 50% off food and beveridge at zimmies and the food court. Guess that outways the negative and this changes everything.

Now what all is in the food court and what is zimmies like?

Also what sections have elevators. I hope this works out becuase I gave up my nights at the dolphin to stay here for the extra space for all 5 of us.

Also any help with what sections have elevators would be helpful.

WOOHOO getting excitied for my boys 1st trip to disney.

Now just praying the weather is nice the end of february.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Elevators are located in all Cascades and Lakes buildings (4 story). Other sections are 2-3 story and do not have elevators. Both are nice sections, and are newer. Access is good in all units.

The Food Court includes A&W, Pizza Hut, and KFC. Hours are a bit odd, and delivery is slow. Zimmies is beside the Spas Super Pool. Food is quite good, but again, service tends to be leisurely.

I am sure that everything will work out well. Relax and enjoy fun vacation.:cloud9:

Hi all,
I've been wading through the posts in this thread and it's very helpful, but I'm a bit confused. I have to admit that I read several pages into the beginning and then several pages back from the end... so the answer to my questions might be in the middle of the thread, and if so, I'm very sorry for bothering you all!

Anyway... we are going to Disney from 2/24 - 3/5. We are staying at Windsor Hills for the Saturday to Saturday, but I am hoping to book 2 nights on the 24th and 25th. I want a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom villa.

Here are my questions:

Are ALL the 2 bed villas equipped with 2 bathrooms? I'm thinking they are, but it doesn't describe it that way when I plug in my dates and get the rates.

What do people mean by "which units have (Friday, Sat) check in"? Am I looking at something different that basically says I can stay two days at any time?

What units would you recommend to me for a family visit that will be spending more time in the room than the average person. We won't be starting our park visits until the crowds die down on the 26th, so we will be doing "other things" before that, and some of that may be having fun around the resort or going to the Orlando Science Center.. or the Space Center.. etc.. but still, we would be hanging out for some of the time, too. We are a family of 5 - 2 parents (celebrating my Dad's 80th) and my husband (celebrating his 50th) and my son, 6. (oh yeah.. me, too!). We don't need close to the main pool, or anything like that, but we would like a unit that is newly renovated and close to where we would need to park, and preferably not loud (all of the same things that most people want, probably!)

The rates I'm uncovering with a AAA discount are incredible! I'm really surprised and pleased :)

Thanks for your help. I'm assuming that I fill out the Diamond Lane form AFTER I reserve so that I can include a confirmation number. That can be filled out by anyone.. or do you have to be an owner, or referred by an owner... or am I totally misreading the whole thing?

I am getting really excited! I can't believe that I'll be in Disney in just over a months time. UNBELIEVABLE!:cheer2:

Hi Oh To Be,

I'll do my best to answer your questions...

Hi all,
I've been wading through the posts in this thread and it's very helpful, but I'm a bit confused. I have to admit that I read several pages into the beginning and then several pages back from the end... so the answer to my questions might be in the middle of the thread, and if so, I'm very sorry for bothering you all!

Anyway... we are going to Disney from 2/24 - 3/5. We are staying at Windsor Hills for the Saturday to Saturday, but I am hoping to book 2 nights on the 24th and 25th. I want a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom villa.

Here are my questions:

Are ALL the 2 bed villas equipped with 2 bathrooms? I'm thinking they are, but it doesn't describe it that way when I plug in my dates and get the rates.

So far as I can tell yes. Check out the resort site for layouts of all the villas:
http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/villas.jsp I can't find any two bedrooms that don't have two baths.

What do people mean by "which units have (Friday, Sat) check in"? Am I looking at something different that basically says I can stay two days at any time?

If you are booking this like a hotel unit directly from Sheraton, it doesn't matter. This resort is primarily a timeshare resort. These are sold by week, and each section (there are 7 sections) has its own checkin day. Some sections are only Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, others can be any combination of the 3 with certain buildings within the section assigned to each day. But the resort manager (Sheraton) maintains a certain amount of the resort as regular hotel-like units with check in on any day of the week and stays of any length. These units are dispersed throughout the resort; you don't know what section you will be in.

What units would you recommend to me for a family visit that will be spending more time in the room than the average person. We won't be starting our park visits until the crowds die down on the 26th, so we will be doing "other things" before that, and some of that may be having fun around the resort or going to the Orlando Science Center.. or the Space Center.. etc.. but still, we would be hanging out for some of the time, too. We are a family of 5 - 2 parents (celebrating my Dad's 80th) and my husband (celebrating his 50th) and my son, 6. (oh yeah.. me, too!). We don't need close to the main pool, or anything like that, but we would like a unit that is newly renovated and close to where we would need to park, and preferably not loud (all of the same things that most people want, probably!)

It is difficult to recommend any one section as they all have minor pros and cons that can affect your experience. The differences are subtle in the sense that all sections are maintained to Sheraton standards. Most people like the newer sections (see my PP), but I find them too densely packed and parking too crowded. Older sections have a bit more space, and the parking is generally right at the door. But they also don't have elevators so you may find yourself carrying your luggage up a flight or two to your front door. Try to Diamond request a ground floor unless your parents are a very spry 80.

We own a week in Courts and love it, but the renovations have just started in that section so it is to be avoided until summer 2011. All other renovations at the resort are now complete. If I had to choose another section, it would probably be Spas. The units are tucked away from busy roadways, but have great access to pools, restaurants and other facilities.

The rates I'm uncovering with a AAA discount are incredible! I'm really surprised and pleased :)

Thanks for your help. I'm assuming that I fill out the Diamond Lane form AFTER I reserve so that I can include a confirmation number. That can be filled out by anyone.. or do you have to be an owner, or referred by an owner... or am I totally misreading the whole thing?

I am getting really excited! I can't believe that I'll be in Disney in just over a months time. UNBELIEVABLE!:cheer2:

Compared to staying onsite at Disney, Sheraton is an INCREDIBLE value. You can triple your space for the same price. I believe that Diamond Lane will honor requests from any guest regardless of source, but that is one service we don't use as we always know what unit we will be staying in.

Have a great trip and enjoy all that Orlando has to offer. As for the ladies (and maybe the gents), make a little time to hit the Premium Outlet mall about a mile from the resort. I'm not a shopper, but last year was guilty of dragging my DW from store to store to catch all the bargains.:woohoo:

Hi I have a question I stayed at Vistana Village before in 2006 in the key west section which was amazing, but i want to know is there any new section that has been added that I can request for a 1 bedroom? and how do I go about sending a request? I will be traveling with my 15 month old daugther does the hotel provide cribs? Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

I would like t know if in the 2 bedroom units all the 2nd bedrooms have two double beds?

There will jus be myself and my sister so we only need 1 bed in each room.

And what is a 'lock off'?

Thanks!:goodvibes

Hi Act1980,
I don't know if I'm the right person to answer your questions, but I will give you the information that I've found on the website.

Some of the 2 bed/2 baths look as if they have twin beds instead of full or queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. I didn't see any that had 2 Master Suites with a King bed in each room. You can make the "Diamond Lane" request and let them know that you're interested in that option, and maybe there is one?

As far as a lock-off, from what I can see from the website, it appears that a lock-off is a condo that has 2 separate living spaces. So, for instance, instead of a shared living room and a shared kitchen, these have an extra living room area (for the 2nd bedroom people) and also a second kitchenette. The kitchenettes don't have all of the appliances, but they include enough to get by.

Maybe someone else who has been there can give better information. I'm going to be renting at the end of February, so I can certainly give you information upon my return.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info:goodvibes

I heard that the traffic around that area can be a bit of a nightmare at times. Not sure how true that is though?

Someone said it took them an hour and a half to get to Disney one day?

have been here since 1/14 and will be leaving 1/28. Must say, except for the terrible internet service it's been fantastic!

Internet in room is spotty at best and non-existant at worst. Management has been great about responding but no go. Must go to business center or the Marketplace for internet access.

I'll send in a report after we leave with all details, but, the unit (2 bedroom-Spa Section) has been great!

Thanks for the info:goodvibes

I heard that the traffic around that area can be a bit of a nightmare at times. Not sure how true that is though?

Someone said it took them an hour and a half to get to Disney one day?

Hi Act,

All I can say is, they must have been lost!

The only traffic in the area occurs if you turn left towards I-4 during rush hour. The traffic gets busy around the interchange, and it is hard to turn off of Vineland on Apopka-Vineland. But ALL parks and even DTD should be accessed by turning right (south) from the resort. I have never taken more than about 15 minutes to get to any of the parks, a bit longer to DTD, but still advise going the long way around instead of approaching DTD via "The Crossroads (Hotel Blvd).

O2B is pretty much bang on for the earlier question. At Vistana Resort all regular 2BR second bedrooms have either two single or double beds.

A lockoff at Vistana and other resorts can be split into two units; a 1 or 2BR and either a 1BR or Studio (depends on resort). For Vistana, the lockoffs are in Cascades and Lakes sections. When together, they look like a 3BR with TWO master suites (like you are looking for), and a the second unit's living room able to be used as a 3rd bedroom (with a pull out sofa though - not too comfortable). When split they are two 1BR units, one with kitchenette and no laundry. So you can get two masters, but you would have to spring for the lockoff, which has a premium price.

Have a great vacay!

Hi Act,

All I can say is, they must have been lost!

The only traffic in the area occurs if you turn left towards I-4 during rush hour. The traffic gets busy around the interchange, and it is hard to turn off of Vineland on Apopka-Vineland. But ALL parks and even DTD should be accessed by turning right (south) from the resort. I have never taken more than about 15 minutes to get to any of the parks, a bit longer to DTD, but still advise going the long way around instead of approaching DTD via "The Crossroads (Hotel Blvd).

O2B is pretty much bang on for the earlier question. At Vistana Resort all regular 2BR second bedrooms have either two single or double beds.

A lockoff at Vistana and other resorts can be split into two units; a 1 or 2BR and either a 1BR or Studio (depends on resort). For Vistana, the lockoffs are in Cascades and Lakes sections. When together, they look like a 3BR with TWO master suites (like you are looking for), and a the second unit's living room able to be used as a 3rd bedroom (with a pull out sofa though - not too comfortable). When split they are two 1BR units, one with kitchenette and no laundry. So you can get two masters, but you would have to spring for the lockoff, which has a premium price.

Have a great vacay!

Hi,

Thanks for that information.

HOw do I go about booking a lock off room though? On the website it only allows a 2 bedroom unit and the same applies on other hotel booking websites.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter