Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

I was curiously looking at resale "deeded" units and found some interesting units for sale.

Can anyone explain when the "owned weeks" are?

Does anyone have a link or a list to what or when the actual "weeks" are?

For example, when the add specifies that they are selling "Week 1" or "Week 34", assuming it's a Sunday check-in, would Week 1 = Jan 6th or Week 34 = Aug 18th?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was curiously looking at resale "deeded" units and found some interesting units for sale.

For example, when the add specifies that they are selling "Week 1" or "Week 34", assuming it's a Sunday check-in, would Week 1 = Jan 6th or Week 34 = Aug 18th?

Edit: I found a link.

Hi Frankie D,

I would strongly urge you to do a bit of research on Timeshare Users Group (www.tug2.net and www.tugbbs.com) before you pull the trigger on anything. They also have a general weeks calendar available on tug, but not all resorts calculate weeks exactly the same, so having the Sheraton calendar can help. I'll post the link here, but this is from the owners' site so it might ask for a login:

https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en_US/svo_media/CMSMedia/PDF/reservations/svn_calendar.pdf

For Vistana, pure owned or deeded weeks are in the 3 older sections of the resort; maybe the 4th as well. Eventually sales moved over to floating weeks in the newer sections. Our ownership is a deeded week 11 in Courts, which lines up with our March break most (but not all) years. Deeded weeks owners are guaranteed their week in their unit every year (or every other year if you buy an EOY interest); no need to reserve, it's there waiting for you. If we choose not to use our week, we can deposit it with RCI or II to exchange to other resorts, or exchange back into Vistana for other weeks.

Floating weeks often have a "season"; owners must reserve a week in their season in advance. The week you desire may not be available, in which case you would likely deposit a different week (the resort gets to choose) and exchange elsewhere (or exchange back into the resort).

There are a lot of subleties with Starwood ownership as well, as many owners are in Starwood Vacation Network, but membership in the network does not transfer with resale ownership of the timeshare. Check out the Starwood thread on TUG to be sure you understand what you are purchasing.

Hope this helps!

An FYI to those planning trips during late summer and autumn, Zimmie's will be closed for refurbishment from August 17th to late November:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_svistana.htm

I guess we won't be eating there on August 23rd (our arrival day) as we planned. Drat!

Anyone dined at the Cascades Bar & Grill, and could offer their review? Maybe we will just be better off to order in pizza that night.

Oh no! (Although Zimmies could use a bit of refreshing).

There is some seating at the new Tacky Tiki bar, and outdoor seating at Cascades. I just got a new computer this weekend to replace the one that died while we were down there. I should be posting some photos soon that show the area.

There is also a CiCi's pizza directly across the street from the resort, and lots of decent restaurants nearby.

Great info I think we are going with the villages.:coffee: unless there is some reasoning I shouldn't.:scared:

gina I take It you have done a lot of research before traveling to Orlando.I have noticed that your visit will coincide with Florida's mean season. I sure hope the weather holds out for you. You appear to be excited counting the days like myself. Back to SVR (soon to be owner?). Feb.2014 Hawaii Spring?2014 Hope all of those visiting SVR have as memorable vacation as our family. OUT.

gina I take It you have done a lot of research before traveling to Orlando.I have noticed that your visit will coincide with Florida's mean season. I sure hope the weather holds out for you. You appear to be excited counting the days like myself. Back to SVR (soon to be owner?). Feb.2014 Hawaii Spring?2014 Hope all of those visiting SVR have as memorable vacation as our family. OUT.

Yeah, we were there the same week in 2012, so we know what we're in for. Arrived just as the tail end of Hurricane Isaac swept through Orlando. Our flight from Syracuse was put on a travel alert, and we weren't even sure we'd fly out as scheduled.....but thankfully we made it safe, sound and on time (just rainy and yucky for a day or two...great shopping weather!) We have trip cancellation and interruption insurance in place just in case :thumbsup2 . Hopefully we won't need it though!!!

We have visited Orlando the second week in January, the first week of January, the last week of August, and Christmas week. Each time period has its pros and cons. While August is steamy hot, at least we know we are guaranteed some nice, hot pool weather :banana: .

Your February getaway will be here before you know it ;) . As for us, we are very excited about trying out the Vistana for the first time!

I am looking to rent a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the month of July. This will be the first time I am renting so I need some insight on how it works. How can I know that I'm not being scammed. Terry Faust's name came up when I was looking at My Resort Network.

No in in my family drives so I am at the mercy of shuttles and cabs or whatever public transportation I can find. I really don't like International Drive area even though it is convenient. We have stayed at Pop Century before, but with a hyper 3 year old and a bored 13 year old we could really use the space and activities you get from a timeshare resort. We are planning on cooking most of our meals and we only plan on going to 3 parks in the 2 weeks that we want to rent.

Does the Sheraton Vistana Resort offer shuttles to the parks and are there supermarkets that are close by?

Thanks for any info.

Hi, all. My husband, 2 girls and I are headed to Vistana from the 12th to the 19th of April. Will anyone be there with us? We are going to do 5 days at the park but back at the hotel late afternoon. We are looking forward to a great week!

I am looking to rent a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the month of July. This will be the first time I am renting so I need some insight on how it works. How can I know that I'm not being scammed. Terry Faust's name came up when I was looking at My Resort Network.

No in in my family drives so I am at the mercy of shuttles and cabs or whatever public transportation I can find. I really don't like International Drive area even though it is convenient. We have stayed at Pop Century before, but with a hyper 3 year old and a bored 13 year old we could really use the space and activities you get from a timeshare resort. We are planning on cooking most of our meals and we only plan on going to 3 parks in the 2 weeks that we want to rent.

Does the Sheraton Vistana Resort offer shuttles to the parks and are there supermarkets that are close by?

Thanks for any info.

Can't help with Terry Faust, but can answer some of your other questions.

I think that Vistana would be a great location for keeping your two charges entertained, but getting around is a bit difficult without a car. Vistana does offer shuttles to the parks at extra cost ($8pp if I recall). The shuttle is free only if your reservation is through Sheraton or a Travel Agency; timeshare exchanges do not get free shuttle.

The resort does have a Lynx stop at the front see http://www.golynx.com/ for maps and schedules. From what I can tell though, a trip to any of the nearest grocery stores will require a transfer, although the 304 route might get you to the Walmart Superstore on 535. Best to plan groceries carefully and take a taxi. We prefer the Publix at Vineland and I-Drive. If you forget anything, there is a well stocked market on site, but prices are a bit high (but not as high as an extra taxi ride!)

Enjoy your vacation!

When are people receiving their email confirmations back from Vistana after submitting the Diamond Lane form?

This is our third visit and third time submitting the form but I don't remember... I know I had to call to follow up one year. I submitted ours early last week & haven't heard anything yet. Our check in dates are the 14th & 21st (two consecutive weeks that will hopefully be linked so we don't have to move). We aren't actually arriving until the 17th but they are timeshare exchange weeks so we had to book the full week. It was a freebie/bonus week so I don't feel bad about "wasting" three nights.

SwiftyOWB - It looks like we'll overlap a couple days. We'll be in the parks on the 18th & 19th but will spend the afternoon of the 17th swimming before heading to DTD for dinner & to pick up our APs.

Thanks!

Thanks for any info.

You can book directly from the Sheraton website. Also you could try VRBO

We are very excited to stay at SVR this coming August.......just made our reservations this week :banana: .

I have tried to read through most of this thread, but haven't found (or somehow missed) the answer to one of our questions. How much is a round of mini golf at the resort?

And how does the course compare to say, Congo River or Pirates Cove?

Hey, we also are going to be there in August. When we reserved and got our confirmation by email, they had already assigned us to the Fountain 1 section but when we called to ask questions about it they said that it will probably not be in that section. It was only assigned at the time of booking but... not sure how to go about this.

Is it possible to walk to DTD from the Resort?

Sort of. It's about 3 miles from the Resort to DTD and you are walking along some very busy roads, although there are sidewalks all the way on the East side of 535. You will have to cross two ramps for the I-4 and cross two busy intersections to get there.

It's doable for a power walker, but I wouldn't recommend it with family in tow. Keep in mind that you can easily walk another 2-3 miles at DTD, so you are talking about logging 8-10 miles on your feet!

Hi, this will be my first time staying with SVR and I was wondering what exactly is the Diamond Lane form. Can anybody use this form? Does somebody have a link for this form. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I am a Club Intrawest member and I am exchanging through Interval International. Will it limit my chances of having the room that I want. I read that a person did not get an adequate room (it was on the ground floor with a view of the stairs going up to the other balconies and she was really disappointed). What happens if your timeshare is not with SVR, do you still have the same service as the others.

I guess walking is out of the question!!! Chauffard Dave! Downtown Disney Please!!!! :rotfl:

I guess walking is out of the question!!! Chauffard Dave! Downtown Disney Please!!!! :rotfl:

I guess so sis, but you know that your BIL is always there for you. You are very lucky to have a BIL like him :thumbsup2

Hi, this will be my first time staying with SVR and I was wondering what exactly is the Diamond Lane form. Can anybody use this form? Does somebody have a link for this form. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I am a Club Intrawest member and I am exchanging through Interval International. Will it limit my chances of having the room that I want. I read that a person did not get an adequate room (it was on the ground floor with a view of the stairs going up to the other balconies and she was really disappointed). What happens if your timeshare is not with SVR, do you still have the same service as the others.

Hello neighbour!,

Looks like a family venture to Vistana!

The DL form allows you to make special requests or notify the resort of special needs. For instance, it sounds like you are travelling with another party. DL is a great way to request that both parties be placed together. Or apart for that matter... :rotfl:

There really aren't any "bad" sections at Vistana; it is a very well thought out resort. Don't feel that you have to fill out a request form unless you have very particular needs. There are lots of posts on this thread covering the differences between the various parts of the resort.

You can access the form at this link: https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01

Don't send it too early as the resort doesn't get the relations from II or RCI until a couple of weeks prior; they will just hold your request until they can confirm. Trading through II will provide no penalty, it is the preferred company for Sheraton, although Vistana trades on both II and RCI.

Owners will alway have preferential access to their owned weeks - that goes without saying. If we travel in our own week, we will be placed in our deeded unit. Sheraton owners also get preferential access to trades on II - they are allowed to book available weeks before anyone else. But once you have a trade in place, there really isn't any preference given to any particular guest - trades are placed as run of resort. Once at the resort, there is no secret handshake, and I have never been asked if I am an owner. I even have to pay for the "owners' internet" (higher speed) just like non-owners. Ownership does not seem to bestow any additional benefits except that you get invited to the "owner's update" (timeshare presentation) instead of the "VIP welcome breakfast" (timeshare presentation).

I must say that whoever complained about a stair view is VERY picky. Many lower floor units have their entry doors situated under the stairs to the unit above. This is to avoid ANY windows looking at stairs, but it can make the entry a little gloomy. I have never seen a unit with a view of the stairs. The main views are out the back of all units, and there are generally no stairs there (with a couple of exceptions, but those stairs are well hidden - it took me half a week before I realized that a Springs unit we were in had a back stairs access). All the floor plans I have seen have the kitchen and 2nd bedroom at the front of the unit, which generally has the less desirable view of the parking/street side; but still no windows on the stairs.

Enjoy your stay, Vistana is a really wonderful resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter