Sheraton Vistana Resort Question

hnfrisk

Earning My Ears
Hi -
I'm looking into booking our stay here for our trip in May and was wondering if anyone with experience at the resort has insight on the best rooms/area to request. We have three adults and three kids - 5, 3, infant.
Thanks -
Heather

We stayed there about 2 years ago, and although I can't recommend any place in particular, I think you will be happy anywhere you stay.
The place is gorgeous. They have 8 pools (I think) and they have a dive-in where the kids can watch movies from the pool.
We thought the place was awesome, however we usually always stay onsite at disney.
We had family that allowed us to stay there one night with them and we were very impressed.

We just got home last night from Vistana :)

I have stayed there countless times and in just about every section of the resort. This year we were in Spa's # 463 and the unit was excellent. They have just refurbished it and all the furniture was new. The location was great ~ we could walk to 4 different pools (and my DS9 is handicapped) so it wasn't too far. The "old folks pool" is near the tennis courts and the temperature must have been at least 90 all the time. That was great for an evening swim. The Super Pool was great and the Falls pool has a waterslide that DD7 loved. We did go to the Cascades pool but it was too noisy and crowded for my liking.

The nicest units are either Cascades or Lakes because they are the newest, however, the older units have more space and are pretty much all redone now. You should be happy with any of them. I am already looking forward to it for 2009 (DCL 2008).

PM if you have more specific questions!

Teresa:coffee:

was the spa like the springs - another words was the master bath a separate room or connected to the bedroom.

if it is a separate room I will definitely add it to my list.

I like the bathroom and bedroom separate.

It was definitely on ensuite bathroom but the jacuzzi tub, sink, shower and toilet had a door to close. There was a second sink outside the bathroom with a huge closet then around the corner a kingsize bed with a chair/ottoman and slider doors to the screened in porch.

was the spa like the springs - another words was the master bath a separate room or connected to the bedroom.

if it is a separate room I will definitely add it to my list.

I like the bathroom and bedroom separate.
Pat, the only sections that have the jacuzzi tub inside the master bedroom are the Cascades, Lakes and Fountains II. All other sections have the traditional set-up of the tub in the master bathroom.

To the OP.....
As Teresa stated, most people prefer the Cascades and Lakes because they are the newest sections (Cascades is newer than Lakes). These are the only sections where the buildings have elevators. I prefer the location of the Lakes because it's more quiet/secluded in that area. However, if you like more hustle and bustle, the Cascades buildings tend to be in center of resorts activities. Not every Cascades building is as centralized as some others. But the Lakes and Cascades are actually situated far enough away, that a car makes it much more convenient to get around.

Also Heather, since you have such young children, the Cascades and Lakes pools would be ideal for you since they are the only ones with zero depth entry---making it easy for little ones/elderly/physically challenged.

I suggest you fill out the online request form called Diamond Lane no later than mid April. You can list your specific requests there. https://www.svosecure.com/starwoodvo/diamond.jsp?resortID=5
Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter