sheraton vistana resort check-in days

sjluci

Earning My Ears
We will be checking into the Vistana on a Monday. Does anyone know what sections we may be put in? Thank you.

You should call them and ask. I am staying at the Cascades and was told that already. I am sure you are assigned already. Have a nice time:)

the map only works for Fri, sat, sun - there old check in days.

now with any days - because they are going to travel agencies - I would guess the newer part. Lakes or Cascades.

I agree with spiceycat. Technically...you could be placed anywhere.....but......since you are a renter (vs an owner or exchanger), my gut would say you have a good chance at being placed in the Lakes or Cascades. They aim to impress most times, with those that aren't already timeshare owners.
If I were you....I'd still go to the online form and fill it out now : https://www.svosecure.com/starwoodvo/diamond.jsp?resortID=5
Request the Cascades or Lakes. Or, if you're going through a travel agent, they should be able to request that on your behalf.
Good luck !

sorry about the hijack---- but can anyone tell me the best areas to be in? We are going on an RCI exchange from my MIL, I don't have a set room or area on any of the paper work all it says on it is it will be a two bedroom. We are going to check in on friday, I would love to be able to know what would be the best for us.
Thanks

Hi Charity,
Being an exchanger, you will have the least priority for the best areas unfortunately. But I suggest u still fill out the online Diamond Lane form.

With that being said, most prefer the newest Cascades. They are the most modern villas because they were the most recently built. There are some sections at Vistana that were built in 1980 and earlier. Cascades buildings, as well as the next newest section (Lakes) are the only buildings that have elevators.

There are 7 other sections. The Fountains II is next newest after the Lakes, followed in order of newer to older :
Fountains I, Springs, Palms, Spas, Falls, Courts.

The resort is sort of split in two. The Lakes/Fountains I & II are in one area, while all the other sections are in the other area. The sections are separated by small roads/security gates/walls or fences. On the Lakes/Fountains side is the restaurant, Flamingo Cafe. There are two pools on that side.

On the other side, you have the restaurant, Zimmies, as well as the Cascades Bar and Grill and the General Store. There is a Pizza Hut in the General Store. All of these eateries offer room service to your villa, regardless of which section you're in. There 5 additional pools on the Cascades side.

Charity, since you're checking in on a Friday, you most likely will NOT be placed in either the Courts or Falls (and this is a good thing). But anywhere else is up for grabs. The oldest section you could be put in would be the Spas.

Hope this helps and have a nice stay.

Maria,

You're obviously an owner and very knowledgable about The Vistana so I was hoping you might answer a few questions for me.

We stayed there in 2002 and requested the Cascades. We weren't put in there as we were trading with RCI. We were put in the Fountains section (not sure if it was one or two). We had an older unit with the big tub in the bathroom, not the bedroom... but the pool was right outside the back patio. Beautiful pool, open until 1am with a snack bar/ restaurant. Across on the other side was the Lakes section.

I'm wondering was that pool the Lakes pool or the Fountains pool? I never could find another pool over in that area.

We are hoping to trade in October through Interval. Some of the exchanges say Cascade/Lakes and some don't. We really want a decent, newer unit but close as possible to a very nice pool. I'd like to request Lakes but don't know if that's the pool or not that we were by before. It had a waterfall etc.

Anyway, I'm rambleing now and I apoligize but would appreciate any info you could give me. Also, isn't Courts the oldest section that you're more likely to get on a Sat. checkin?

Thanks again,
Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter