Sheraton Vistana - is this a good deal & timeshare tour questions

HeatherT

Earning My Ears
Hi! I just received an invitation to the Sheraton Vistana Resort for 4 nights in a one bedroom villa. It also includes the $100 gift, if I sit through the 90 min presentation. The cost is $169. My questions are:

Is this considered a good deal for a time share?
I've read on the boards that there is an older section and a newer section, how do I know where I'll be?
We'll be traveling with 2 3yr olds. What is the bed situation in a one-bedroom villa?
How far is it from WDW? We stayed at Windsor Palms in Jan - is it further than that?
Are there any hidden fees involved with a time-share presentation? My invite doesn't say if the $169 is pp or per room but it does say meals, taxes, timps aren't included. Will I have to pay room tax before check out or is it just taxes on my meals?

My dh & I weren't planning on another trip this year - well, I was but he kept telling me we couldn't afford it - but then low and behold this offer "fell" into our laps:-) Just wondering if it's worth it. Thanks!!

Heather

My offer was similar, but was made by phone - not mail.

5 days, 4 nights at the Vistana Villages. The villages and the resort are 2 different properties. (We have done the tour at the Resort in the past.) $169 total cost, with $100 cash back at check-in. Fee of $14 per night to be paid in addition. I asked specifically if any other costs were involved and was assured none were. Our offer does not require us to take a tour, although she said some of the offers out there do. She gave me a website to look on... starwoodvo.com, then click on resort collection, then vistana resort or vistana villages. I have read many great reviews about these properties and don't have any reservations about the offer.

WE have stayed at V V on three seperate occasions. We love it and the only reason we did not go back last year was Wyndham Palms Golf was brand new and 75 per night for the two bedroom. We got the V V offer but ours was more expensive. We will be paying 119 for 4 nights so I would say you got a much better deal.
I called the number on the letter and asked what was involved and they told me it depended on what the letter said. HOWEVER there was no timeshare tour in our letter so they said there would be no timeshare tour for us. This is good since I am going on a time share tour at Wyndham Palms (only way I could get a good rate).

I stayed at V V the first week it was open 4 or 5 years ago. There was still tons of construction going on and only 3 or 4 people in the pool (a plus). The construction was very bothersome and I was not told on the phone when I booked. I complained and not only did I receive a reply to my letter within a week of mailing it the manager from the property called me personally and gave me 3 free nights should I return. I returned with bells on. We love it .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter