Sheraton vistana deal-do you get the $100 right at ck in?

JMLBrats

DIS Veteran
We booked a special at the Vistana in a 1 bedroom for $250 for 4 nights, with a promise of a $100 "cash" at check in. I'm just wondering if they really give this to you right at check in and is it really cash?

was a timeshare tour/breakfast required in the deal ?

I know we did this several years ago and had to attend the timeshare "talk" first. Then we got the payment as Vistana dollars. The money could only be used on property.
But I have heard of people getting it as cash.

Actually we're not required to do a presentation based on the fact that we live in Maine. I guess it depends on where your home state is for some reason.

We had this deal as well in April. You will have to go to another desk where they will try to sign you up for the timeshare presentation. We told them we weren't interested but they told us that we could get our $100 the next day. We went back the next morning and they still tried to sell us on the timeshare presentation. We told them we weren't interested and just wanted our $100 as part of the promotional deal we were promised. He then wrote out a voucher which we had to bring back to another desk where we finally received our $100. That was the only downside to our stay at the Vistana. Even though attending a timeshare presentation was not required for us to receive the money, they really try to sell you on it anyway. Just be firm with them if you're not interested and ask for your money. You'll really love your stay there. We were in the Fountains section (not sure if it was I or II) and we loved it.

He then wrote out a voucher which we had to bring back to another desk where we finally received our $100. That was the only downside to our stay at the Vistana. Even though attending a timeshare presentation was not required for us to receive the money, they really try to sell you on it anyway. Just be firm with them if you're not interested and ask for your money. You'll really love your stay there. We were in the Fountains section (not sure if it was I or II) and we loved it.
Did u get cash or Vistana money ? I agree....they do push the presentation (even to us owners ! They want us to buy more time).
You were in Fountains II if the Jacuzzi was in the master BEDroom. You were in Fountains I if the tub was in the master BATHroom. Glad u had a nice stay despite the sales pressure. Glad you were able to stay firm with them. We have to do this every year.

We were in Fountains I because the jacuzzi was in the bathroom. We got the $100 in cash, not Vistana dollars. This was our second time at the Vistana and would love to stay there again.

if you insist you will not do the time share... they will STILL give you the $100 in cash. This place is GREAT! Staying there again in August!

We're going the 22 of August...

The original offer was to stay at Caribe Royale for 4 nights for $169 and then $100 in cash.

When i called in my dates i wanted weren't available, so i said oh well thanks anyway. About a week later they called to ask if i was interested in staying directly at the resort. They man said we'd be at the resort not the villages.

Well i got the confirmation last week and it says we're at the Villages...OK i think i have to call and confirm. They have our 2 bedroom (was originally 1 bedroom but then they gave us a 2) as being at the Villages...

From what i hear...it shouldn't be so bad. This is just a quick trip anyway. We'll only be at the parks a couple days this trip.

I got the offer too, but when I called to book for spring I could only put a deposit down since 2008 dates haven't been released yet. My offer was $169/four nights 1BR at Vistana Resort. Nothing on the offer says we have to take the tour. When I called the woman on the phone specifically stated that no tour was required. Someone is supposed to contact me when 2008 dates are released and they noted the dates I want to book. I've stayed at VR twice in the past and enjoyed it for an offsite stay, but we're seriously considering DVC, so I'm not interested in touring. Hubby says we should just skip getting the $100, but it sounds like if you show up and say no a couple of times it's not a problem.:confused3

goofyforlife- You got a great deal! Another friend of mine from the Disboards got the same offer as you, originally for Caribe Royale. It wasn't available for her either, but they told her the Villages was available. She asked how much a two bedroom was and it's $250 so she booked it. Apparently she is required to take the tour, even though nothing was stated in her original offer. :mad: I told her I thought it must be a mistake because others have not had to tour on this offer...she leaves Sat. so we'll see. She does own DVC, so it should be a short tour...:rolleyes1

So some states don't have to take tours...that's interesting. I live in MD too, so please post when you get back!

goofyforlife- You got a great deal! Another friend of mine from the Disboards got the same offer as you, originally for Caribe Royale. It wasn't available for her either, but they told her the Villages was available. She asked how much a two bedroom was and it's $250 so she booked it. Apparently she is required to take the tour, even though nothing was stated in her original offer. :mad: I told her I thought it must be a mistake because others have not had to tour on this offer...she leaves Sat. so we'll see. She does own DVC, so it should be a short tour...:rolleyes1

So some states don't have to take tours...that's interesting. I live in MD too, so please post when you get back!

We were supposed to get a 1bedroom too but then the guy said they would put us in a 2 bed for our trouble (he kept trying to persuade us to change dates but i've squeezed even this around beginning of school yr and other stuff.)

We only have 3 peeps so a 2 bd should be real spacious. Heck, i just want a hot tub. I love soaking at the end of a long park day.

I verified with the person what my "requirements" would be and he said i still get the $100 no tour required. (perhaps a MD thing)

However, if we get there and they have a great deal for free tickets or more $ for a tour, I don't mind sitting for 90 minutes and telling them we already own DVC and can't afford more than 1. I'm sure they'll send us packing at that point. :rolleyes1

However, if we get there and they have a great deal for free tickets or more $ for a tour, I don't mind sitting for 90 minutes and telling them we already own DVC and can't afford more than 1. I'm sure they'll send us packing at that point.
That didn't work too well for us in 2000. The salesperson we had harrassed us past the 90 min. We had to get angry with him. We literally stood up, stated we wanted our money as we were now 2 hours into the presentation and was not interested. We have never been treated so rudely. It made me never want to buy any more time at Vistana again. Now this was 7 years ago (because I refuse to go to another presentation ever again), so hopefully they have mellowed out.
Good luck and have a nice trip :cool1:

We went in April on a promo that was supposed to be for a one bedroom at the Vistana, but when I told them I needed 2 bds, they had no availability. I said, "Okay, thanks," and was going to hang up. They didn't want me gone, so they actually offered 2 bds at the Villages and waived the extra $50 if I would book that day. So, I did.

When we got there, my dh went down the next morning, and they gave him a low pressure opportunity to get another $100, which would have made the trip free, but we have 3 smalll children and it was not worth the hassle. They then gave him a $100 bill and off we went.

We had a blast and the resort couldn't have been nicer.

allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter