Sheraton Vistana- better/Worse rooms?

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
I see a lot of great rates for Vistana recently, are there better or worse rooms to request? what are the options? and what are the chances of getting the request? TIA- what level of quality is this resort? at least as good as,say a Disney value resort?

Hi:
We were there a month ago. It's our favorite resort!

You can do diamond check in or get there early on the day of check in. I just smile alot and act my normal friendly self. I've never had a problem getting my unit switched if I don't like it.

I believe only the Courts are left to be refurbished and some of the Cascades. We were just in the Springs and they were nicely redone. We stayed in the Lakes two year's ago and we were one of the first to get the refurbed rooms. Very nice.

where exactly is it located? I can't find that info- how big is the property? thx...

Vistana is very, very close to the parks. We stayed there in 2008 and we went from resort to Epcot gate in 4 minutes. Very convenient.

We stayed in a not yet refeurbished 2 bedroom unit and it was the largest unit we had ever stayed in. We really enjoyed our stay there, though I would not recommend shopping at the small grocery store across the street.

Here are the locations for you and some of the distances::)

Sheraton Vistana Resort
8800 Vistana Centre Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Sheraton Vistana Villages - Villas
12401 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821

Walt Disney World Resort – 4 miles to the entrance of the property
Universal Orlando Resort – 10 miles
Wet 'n Wild Florida – 3 miles
Sea World Adventure Park, Orlando – 4 miles
Discovery Cove, Orlando – 4 miles
Gatorland - 9 miles
The Holy Land Experience – 13 miles
Orlando Science Center – 18 miles
Ripley's Believe It or Not! – 5 miles

where exactly is it located? I can't find that info- how big is the property? thx...

It's on Apopka-Vineland Road (SR 535) in Orlando on the other side of I-4 from the Downtown Disney area, quite near the intersection of SR 535 and SR 536 (World Center Drive that runs right onto Disney roads). Very conveniently placed for Disney visiting and close by two entrances/exits for I-4.

Sheraton's Vistana Resorts is one of the largest timeshare resorts in the Orlando area with several pools, lot's of resort amenities and activities.

Dick Taylor

Vistana is very, very close to the parks. We stayed there in 2008 and we went from resort to Epcot gate in 4 minutes. Very convenient.

We stayed in a not yet refeurbished 2 bedroom unit and it was the largest unit we had ever stayed in. We really enjoyed our stay there, though I would not recommend shopping at the small grocery store across the street.

Yup! I was there a month ago and one day we stepped off Spaceship Earth at Epcot and 15 minutes later were swimming -- that's walkign to the car, driving back, parking and changing LOL. the location ROCKS. we loved the Falls section where we stayed - it was glorious.

we had a garden grocer delivery so never had to set foot in a grocery store!

We just got back from Vistana and we loved it. We were in a 2 bedroom villa in the Fountains II section, a short walk to the Fountains pool/ food court, and just had a blast. We did BB and TL, but did not do the theme parks. Very close to Downtown Disney. We are hoping to stay there next year.

WOW- thanks for those pics, the place looks GORGEOUS! I have been contemplating either this or Bonnet Creek for our next stay-they both look great..... I love the rooms!

We are at the Vistana Villages in the St Augustine area as I type this...and all I can say is WOW. I can't find anything to complain about.

It's difficult to figure what altus, of so few words, means specifically but the resort had several phases that were in various conditions. But the condition of the phases has changed - and continues to change - significantly recently as the refurbishment work goes on.

I think that Vistana Resort is a very good timeshare resort that has a lot to offer.

Dick Taylor

Agreed. We were in a refurbished Fountains room last February, and it was GORGEOUS. Loved the resort, loved the location, loved everything. Vistana had slipped for a while, no question about it, but the various Boards got serious about the condition of their units---and the owners paid a good chunk to take care of things---and it's back on my "I'd love to stay there" list.

There are still a few buildings that haven't been redone. But, when last I spoke with the resort, every single phase should be completed during the first quarter of 2011.

It's difficult to figure what altus, of so few words, means specifically but the resort had several phases that were in various conditions. But the condition of the phases has changed - and continues to change - significantly recently as the refurbishment work goes on.

I think that Vistana Resort is a very good timeshare resort that has a lot to offer.

Dick Taylor

Agreed. We were in a refurbished Fountains room last February, and it was GORGEOUS. Loved the resort, loved the location, loved everything. Vistana had slipped for a while, no question about it, but the various Boards got serious about the condition of their units---and the owners paid a good chunk to take care of things---and it's back on my "I'd love to stay there" list.

There are still a few buildings that haven't been redone. But, when last I spoke with the resort, every single phase should be completed during the first quarter of 2011.

We will be staying at Vistana in November(RCI trade) and cannot wait!! Stayed there in 2002 and loved it then!! Can you guys give me any idea which sections/buildings are still under renovation? I understand that most are complete or will be by our stay, but would like to know which units to try and avoid. TIA!

I would call the resort directly and ask. That's what I did for my most recent stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter