Sheraton Safari, April 20 to 23rd!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We're DVC members who didn't have enough DVC points for a weekend stay, and DH had just enough Starwood points for a stay in a preferred room. It was great. When we were in the halls, it seemed as if people were just letting their doors slam and talking loudly, but once in our room, hall noise wasn't an issue.:goodvibes

Check in was easy, and a room was ready for us at 2PM...clean, with a balcony overlooking the pool. We went to the poolbar for a sandwich/fries to share and the food came quickly. We had smoked turkey club and it was good. The bagels however, (which we had for breakfast on Monday were heavy bread)...there's a Dunkin Donut store across the street, for the next trip, if we want bagels, we're going there!

Only on Saturday night did we have trouble finding a parking space, and we were in building 1 and found a space by building 3, but we cut across the pool area and getting to our room wasn't a problem.

Usually we stay in DVC studios, so I did miss the microwave and mini frig. However, I love having a balcony, and we used ours to enjoy some take out food from the pool bar and drinks.

The trip was to enjoy Epcot's Flower and Garden show, and so, we weren't at the resort as much as we usually are..didn't do any swimming...the air didn't feel warm enough, except for Friday, the day we got in.

We found the location to be very convenient. At night there was traffic, so we waited for lots of red lights around DTD, and at the intersection with Vineland/Apopka road, but it's so close to MGM and Epcot that for us, it was nearly as good as being on site. We will stay there again and get the preferred room.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks for posting! I'll be staying at the Sheraton safari in October and am really hoping it's nice. I'm pretty easy going...my only requirement for a hotel is nice room service (a vacation indulgence).
It appears you used your own car, I'm planning on using the shuttles and while I know it's not the best option...I'll deal with it....heck there's always the cab option if I have to.

Thanks again
Rosie

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, it is our favourite offsite hotel.

Next time, skip the bagels and Dunkin Donuts, and enjoy the all you can eat buffet at the hotel. Very reasonably priced, lots of variety and very fresh.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, it is our favourite offsite hotel.

Next time, skip the bagels and Dunkin Donuts, and enjoy the all you can eat buffet at the hotel. Very reasonably priced, lots of variety and very fresh.

That's good to know. We didn't eat much the "bagel" day, DH wasn't feeling well, and so we just wanted something lite. He came home with a virus of some sort, and now, 5 days later, he's finally feeling better.

It was a very short trip, 3 nights, and we enjoyed eating breakfast at the Poly, where we share a Tonga toast platter. I HAVE to have an IHOP breakfast once and so Monday was to be our Sheraton breakfast. I will definitely plan one next time!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Glad to hear the hotel is still receiving good reviews. We stayed here one night prior to a Jan 2005 DCL cruise on Priceline for about $40 and thought it was a great value. The kids loved the pool and the decor. We're planning a stay on Sheraton points in one of the Jr. Suites for six nights in late June. We orginally were going to use the Sheraton points for 3 nights at the Dolphin, but a suite at the Safari costs about 1/2 the points.

We just returned from a combination trip of Sheraton Safari and DVC. We were perfectly satisifed with the Safari, and would be happy to stay there again. Parking was a bit of a pain due to a large convention, and the carpets could have been cleaner, but other than that everything was great. Our room overlooked the main road, and we had some traffic noise, but not too bad, and not a sound from the hallway or adjacent rooms. The rooms overlooking the pool area would definitely be a better choice if that is an option. The location is very good, and there are tons of restaurants in the area along with groceries, pharmacies and anything else you would need. We also got it on Priceline, and it was a steal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter