Sheraton Safari , any feedback

Ron Burgundy

Mouseketeer
started looking at this hotel cause its so close to downtown disney, its good good reviews on trip advisor and the brand name is good also so any thoughts ???

:) We stayed thier last year for 1 night. Very clean room. It was nice. We paid 59.00 thru travlezoo.

had friends who stayed there and they gave it a big thumbs up :thumbsup2

they did say that if you are used to staying at a WDW resort, it isn't going to be up to snuff as far at the detail of the theaming. (it's no AKL) and the ease of being on property is not there. BUT - if you book online you can find some killer deals on this place and it is much better than many other hotels in the area for the same price. (the online price i mean - if you try to book over the phone or as a walk in, the rack rate is pretty high.)

- lori

Get an American Xpress Starwood credit card, I believe they have a special now giving you 4000 points off the bat just for applying and that is 1 free night. We LUV being starwood members. You can also just become a starwood member by applying for a starwood membership w/o the credit card (call Sheraton or visit online) and that entitles you to points that way and also amenities such as upgraded rooms, early or late checkouts, etc., etc. Sheraton Safari is very nice particularly as we stayed our entire stay on points. They also upgraded us to a minisuite which had a SEPARATE living room, fridge, microwave, etc. They have a pool with a slide and are close to Disney. Very happy. The breakfast I think was a little expensive but we were very happy with it. Opt for a suite, there are stores all in the area within walking distance. Have fun! If you have kids, they will definitely be happy there.

We stayed here in 2004 via Priceline. In all it is my favorite offsite hotel in the WDW area. I would stay even w/o the PL rate. We found the staff to be super nice. The rooms were very comfortable and a decent enough size. They have those wonderful beds. The pool area was always clean and the water warm. Last, the location couldn't be beat either. Not only are you literally right across from the DTD resort area there is a ton of shopping and dining right in the immediate area too.

We also stayed with the travelzoo rate in the fall. It was a great hotel and I am hoping for a great rate again for our trip in Nov. The beds were terrific, and the breakfast buffet was really good. ( I think it was 8 or 9 dollars per adult, kids were free). We made the mistake of going to Sizzler (across the parking lot) for breakfast one morning, and it was absolutely disgusting (and more expensive!).

We've had good stays here. The staff is very upbeat, and the beds are really comfortable. The suites are nice for extra space, and sometimes aren't that much more than a regular room. It's close to lots of chain restaurants, which are usually easier on the pocketbook than Disney's choices.

Giordano's Pizza is in the strip center next to the hotel, and is great for Chicago style pizza.

It's not the same as staying on property, but it can be a lot cheaper, and is close to Downtown Disney. It's a pretty quick drive (haven't experienced their bus system) to property, so you don't feel that far removed from WDW.

i am a starwood member so the points i get could be used for a stay in the futue in another city, i think i might book, but do i still get my starwood points if i book through travel zoo ????

also i've never used priceline or travelzoo before, is it really much cheaper and do i have a say in what hotel they pick for you ????

My wife and I stayed there in 2004. We loved it! The beds are really nice! The staff are the most friendly people I've come across in any hotel! We really liked the african themed bar...not to mention it's 5 minutes from DD and PI! Can't say enough good things!

We booked through Expedia and I still recieved my Starwood Points.

We drove by it last week (stayed at Cypress Pointe) and it looked very nice from the outside at least. The location is very good near Downtown Disney with lots of places to eat there and in the area (Crossroads is practically next door). I would definitely consider it for a future stay. It's nice to read good things about it here.

Any experiences with the Disney shuttles from this hotel? Or- can you wak to DTD from the hotel & hop on Disney transportation if the hotel shuttle times don't work for my schedule?

We stayed atSheraton Safari last year, The kids loved the poolw/waterslide. W got up early to get the first shuttle bus to MK. I was easy and fast.

staying at this hotel in june looking forward to it, hope we have made right choice!

Just booked Thanksgiving week using Starwood points here. Hopefully, we won't be disappointed. The reviews I've read look pretty good. Will get discounted DVC APs to get free theme park parking as we're coming back in December anyway. The location should make this a cheap vacation for us as there are plenty of restaurants close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter