• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Park Hotel?

halo19

Earning My Ears
Have any of you stayed at the Sheraton Park (formerly Coast Anaheim) hotel recently?

They just finished remodeling and it is now operating as a Sheraton so I was curious how the rooms and service are there. Reviews on the TripAdvisor site seem fairly positive but I'm interested in what the folks here have to say.

Thanks!

halo19 - I am sorry I cannot help you, but am interested in the same thing. We are staying there for three nights in late August and hope to hear from someone who has stayed there in the last 30 days. Anyone? :confused3

Trip Advisor is getting good reviews from the Sheraton Park...I stayed at the hotel when it was the Coast and I wasnt impressed with the rooms at all but the lobby and pool were nice...however, I do love the Sheraton so Im sure with the new remodling and beds it will be awesome... :banana:

Thanks guys.

We'll be staying there starting this Wednesday so I guess I'll have to let everyone know how it goes. Hopefully Sheraton has turned things around :goodvibes

My fellow Brit DIS'er Ella is out there right now and she's staying at the Sheraton Park. She went on Friday for three weeks so will be back before you go. She said she'd give us her views on the hotel (and if she got the chance, the hotel I'm staying at when I go) when she gets back. Be sure to check it out. ;)

Just wanted to check and see if anyone has come back from their trips and has glowing reviews of this hotel!

I'll be there soon, and it looks great. I am most concerned about the walking distance. We're both in our early 20s and in good shape, but just wanted to know how much time to allocate for treking over to the fun!

Thanks!

Sheraton Park is a new build. It is not formally anything. The coast did stand there but in December there was no building it was a parking lot that Disney was using off and on for overflow. So I would say go for it. It is a new hotel.

Seems like I keep pricing the Sheraton Park out on different sites (expedia, etc.) and it seems pricey. Can't wait to hear what a review says.

I'm staying there (most likely) 8/27 - 8/30 and booked online for $119 a night (best available rate on website, even cheaper than AAA). Definitely more expensive than similar hotels in the area, but it really looks a lot better than other off site hotels in the area (IMO).

I think the hotel was just purchased by Sheraton and renovated, not totally built from the ground up, but I could be wrong.

Excited nonetheless!

We have recently got back from staying at the Sheraton Park Hotel and it was great. The rooms are really nice and the sweet sleeper beds are just so comfortable(the best bed I have ever slept in). The pool is lovely and clean and plenty of sunloungers and also a poolside bar serving cocktails and hot food.
All the staff were very friendly and very helpful regarding any info etc that we needed.
It was formerly the Coast Hotel (WestCoast before that) and it's not a brand new hotel, it has been renovated and not rebuilt.
The fitness centre and guest laundry were not quite ready when we left, but I expect they will be open soon.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Love Ella

My boss stayed there last month. She really like it. She had no issues with the room or the service. Her only complaint was the walk to the park. I warned her it was pretty far, but she thought it would be ok. Going into the park in the morning was fine, but coming back after a long day, it started to get to her. I think you can catch the ART shuttle, but I'm not sure.

Its only a 10 minute walk to the park from the Sheraton Park Hotel, but if thats too far to walk(??) then theres the ART bus.
Love Ella

I guess I should close the loop on my own post. :p

The Sheraton Park is a renovation of the Coast hotel (so a remodel, not a brand new hotel).

We definitely enjoyed our stay (the 3 days we were there). The only drawback was we were required to stay in a first floor room (as opposed to the special lounge floor room I had booked) because we travelled with our dog (the site says it is a pet friendly hotel--turns out anyone with pets is only allowed on the first floor). So we were a bit miffed we didn't get the Disney View room on a high floor that we had reserved but the club lounge access definitely made up for it with the free continental breakfast each morning (which saved us time as we rushed to get over to the park well before opening!).

The staff and management was exceedingly helpful and friendly. Our only real complaint was the bathtub drain in our first floor room kept clogging. They sent a technician over right away, but it clogged again shortly after that. I'm assuming they inherited plumbing issues from the Coast hotel while in transition :rolleyes:

In any case, the continental breakfast was quite a spread, with fruits, cereals, breads, eggs, yogurt, coffee/tea and an assortment of beverages. We found the room to be clean, aside from the construction going on outside. The fitness center was still under construction (adjacent to the nice pool area).

The hotel will allow late checkout as well, which is helpful if you want to stay at the parks a bit longer during the lunch hour and then go back to check your bags before leaving.

Also, the ART shuttle picks up right in front of the hotel (you can also buy tickets there). We bought 2 day passes and found it to be very convenient in the terrible heat wave we found ourselves in later in the first week of July. We would've walked if the weather was cooler as the hotel is only 2 city blocks or so from the park, but don't let it fool you...the walk is still a good distance to the park gates (which we wouldn't attempt in the heat), so budget at least 15 minutes at a good pace.

All in all, we'd consider the Sheraton Park for our next stay. Either there or the Anaheim Hilton directly across from it (which is also pet-friendly). paw:

Coast or not in December the Coast hotel was not where it should have been. There may have been portions but the hotel was not there. We have stayed there and my parents actually had to park their car where the coast had sat. So unless they moved it. Unless there were more then one tower.

Just adding that the Coast was not demolished. I drive past there a few times a month, and the hotel was never gone. However, there is excavation & building right next to it, as well as the Doubletree GuestSuites which was built from the ground up.

KBFinFan said:
I'm staying there (most likely) 8/27 - 8/30 and booked online for $119 a night (best available rate on website, even cheaper than AAA). Definitely more expensive than similar hotels in the area, but it really looks a lot better than other off site hotels in the area (IMO).

I think the hotel was just purchased by Sheraton and renovated, not totally built from the ground up, but I could be wrong.

Excited nonetheless!

$119 rate is much better than the $189 I kept getting when I poking around online. Guess I'll have to play with moving my dates around a bit.

The Coast is in the same place as it was before and hasn't been rebuilt just refurbished and a change of name.
They are buliding at the side of it and on the corner of Harbor/Katella there is an empty plot of land that they may have used for parking.
Love Ella

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter