Sheraton Anaheim Hotel - Any reviews?

lisasuebj

Mouseketeer
We will be going in June for our first trip. I was hoping to see if anyone has any reivews of this hotel. Thank you!

If you mean the Sheraton Park Anaheim ( near the Convention Center ) I have stayed there twice.

Both times I was very happy with the hotel. It definitely is a hotel compared to some of the other properties in the area and it has a bit of a business-traveller feel with a big lobby, a small bar/sitting area off to the side and a small computer area.
The walk is probably a good 15-20 minutes, not bad going but rather long coming back but the ART does stop right outside. Although the walk was long it was very nice being able to walk past a couple convenience stores ( 7-11 etc ) to grab snacks or water on the way to the Park.
The pool area is very nice, with manicured grounds a hot tub and a pool bar. The laundry area is situated right beside the pool so you can chill by the pool and do laundry at the same time. It’s really nice having the pool side bar right there for drinks and you can also order off a small menu with pool side service. Pretty nice ‘resort’ feel.

The rooms were always clean and they had no problem honoring my connecting room request. The first time I emailed ahead of time to let them know about my room request directly and I did the same thing the 2nd visit and our rooms were almost identical other than a floor apart. We requested a Disney view which they accommodated at no charge and we faced the back of Carsland and ToT, from the balcony you could see the fireworks.
Mini fridge in the room, no microwave. Sink is outside the bathroom which makes it handy for getting ready in the morning.
No breakfast is included outside of the Club rooms but there is a small convenience store on site that serves Starbucks coffee and makes hot breakfast and lunch items as well as selling your usual convenience foods. There is also a couple of restaurants onsite that serve huge portions.

Sheraton Anaheim hotel is nice. They have a dedicated shuttle. The hotel is built to look like a castle, and all the rooms are on the first floor. Some of the rooms open to the interior hallway and exterior courtyard. The rooms are big, and bathrooms are rather small. The beds are very comfortable. I would recommend it.

We have been to both the Sheraton Anaheim (Castle) and the Sheraton Park Hotels a couple of times. The Sherton park feels more contemporary and has a bit of a tropical atmosphere. Rooms were comfortable and quiet with great views from the upper floors. Walk to the parks was a bit long bu still doable.
The Sheraton Anaheim is a little more formal feeling and has huge rooms. The rooms were comfortable and quiet here as well though I have heard some of the rooms nearest the freeway can be a bit noisy. The grounds are also more formal . English country garden style. We did not walk to the parks as they have a dedicated shuttle that was fairly convenient.
Both places are good hotels to stay at.

Off topic

daannzzz
This little guy terrorized me in my youth when I watched Trilogy of Terror! lol

I stayed there 9 years ago, so my review is a little old. From what I remember it was very nice. The room was huge. The only bad thing is that when we first got there they took us to what they called the south tower (i think), oh boy that was a disaster. You had to go out of the main building and into a different one. That whole other building looked very run down. The room they gave us was 2 doubles when DH researved and paid for a king because it was our honeymoon. The did find us a different room a couple hours later and everything from there was very smooth sailing.

The Sheraton Anaheim is nice. We always stays there when we bring our dogs with us to DL. Their DL shuttle is free and runs every half hour throughout the day. The earliest shuttle I think leaves half an hour before the earliest park opens but you better be there early because the early shuttles fill up pretty quick. The last shuttle leaves either one hour after or half hour after the last park closes. I don't remember which. You can walk to the park but it is about 1 mile and you have to cross a freeway overpass but you have sidewalks all the way. Its not a bad walk but if you have little ones with you it might be a bit much but lots of people do the walk so you won't be alone if you do it. But at the end of the day you probably would not want to do it with tired feet. Parking is 14 dollars which is about average for the area. The staff is very nice and accommodating. We are probably going back to stay there in April.

...last year...while it was nice we found the room on the small side, we had five in out room, and the closet was tiny too. Walk to park was 10-15 minutes seemed longer at night,.
Fridge was a good size.
Had parcels delivered to the hotel, and this was the first hotel of many that has charged us to take delivery, and on a per package basis too.

Pool is lovely, nice and resorty feeling.

We stayed there 9 years ago, so this is not very current, but we liked the hotel. My sister-in-law scored this crazy deal on it - we paid $75 a night in July! The shuttle was very convenient getting there in the morning. However, when we took it back at night it was insanely crowded and we were squished in there like sardines.

Once we had breakfast at the sit down place, which was lovely. The other times we had quick breakfasts in the deli area, which was very convenient. All in all a nice hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter