• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shells vs. Joe's Crab Shack vs. Bahama Breeze

angelkk

Mouseketeer
If I am not mistaken - these 3 restaurants offer very similar menu items. Due to time constraint we can only visit one - which one would you choose? Which one is closest to WDW (POFQ)?

We have a DS4 and an infant with us.

If I am not mistaken - these 3 restaurants offer very similar menu items. Due to time constraint we can only visit one - which one would you choose? Which one is closest to WDW (POFQ)?

Bahama Breeze. Hands down. Shells is ok at best. Joe's is good, but for the overall food to price quality, you will not beat Bahama Breeze. They offer call ahead seating. May be a good idea to call before you leave and put your name on the wait list. (407) 938-9010. Hope that helps!

I would pick Shells. Food is much fresher, it's not a big chain so you won't find one in your backyard.

Now DS4 would like Joe's best. They usually have a playground!

Bahama Breeze is actually quite a bit different than Joe's (haven't been to Shells yet). To me, Joe's is a low-rent Red Lobster, while Bahama Breeze is a few notches above. Yes, I know they are Darden-owned just like RL, but it's just better with a wider menu.

I don't think Shells is good. I wasn't impressed with it all. We lived in FL for a while and wasn't thrilled with any of them.

I would rather go to Bahama Breeze because there isn't one near us in VA.

I would also recommend Bonefish Grille to you. Its on Sand Lake Road, which can be accessed quickly from Apopka-Vineland Rd. It has a similar menu, but a little more "upper end" compared to them. The food is always excellent. I would absolutely recommend the Bang-Bang Shrimp as an appetizer.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.bonefishgrill.com/

Also, here is a map showing the location of your hotel and Bonefish's location, along with Joes and Bahama Breeze (because I dont feel comfortable recommending Shells). Bonefish is a little bit further away, but well worth it.

And here is a map showing the drive. Use 2201 Orleans Dr, Orlando, FL 32830-8424, as the starting point and 7830 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819-5116 as the end address. I used maps.live.com for this info.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter