Hi, I was hoping to find out some info about dealing with a food allergy at disney. This summer my husband found out he had an allergy to shellfish (ate some shrimp and ended up in anaphylaxis, had to go to hospital by ambulance). He didn't have the allergy the last time we went to Disney. The strange thing is after allergy testing, it is believed that he isn't actually allergic to shrimp but is very allergic to crab and scallops. The doctor thought the shrimp he got from the grocery store that he had the reaction to was cross contaminated with crab. Anyway, to say the least, after that experience we are very scared about cross contamination. We have actually been too scared to eat anywhere that serves crab or shrimp (just in case). I know that disney is supposed to be great about dealing with food allergies, and my husband is looking forward to being able to eat in whatever restaurant. I was hoping to get some tips on how to deal with this. I of course marked shellfish allergy when I made our reservations, but what else do you do? I know you are supposed to talk to the chef. But what exactly is the protocol for this? Has everyone had good experiences? I just want to be able to feel comfortable eating somewhere that has shellfish. For example, he wants to be able to eat at Ohana - but I feel a little iffy about that because of all the shrimp...Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, how does this work at counter service restaurants?