Shellfish allergy @Ohanas

GlendaO

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

We've got a dinner ADR for Ohanas next week. I'm allergic to shellfish and was wondering if anyone thinks this is worth mentioning to the chef? I'm not sure if all the meat is grilled together or not. Also, would anyone happen to know who I call? I used to have a number from last year (different restaurant though) but can't find it anyway!

Thanks!

Just tell your hostess when you go in and the Chef will come out and go over everything with you. Disney is wonderful about helping anyone with food allergies :thumbsup2

The shrimp is not grilled with the other meats, so cross-contamination shouldn't be a problem. It comes in a bowl with some sort of sauce with the other side items. If it's not safe for others at your table to eat it around you, ask that it not be served. Call the regular dining phone number and have the CM note it on all your ADRs. It will make things easier all around if the chefs and wait staff know of your allergy in advance.

Be prepared for your server(s) not to pay attention to the shellfish allegery

We had it noted on our reservation, mentioned when we checked in at the podium, also mentioned to our server

Before long, there were shrimp being served onto our plates - more than once - and we would have to flag down someone to remove them and bring us clean plates - this happened like 3 times before someone got the message

I have a shellfish allergy and I ate at O'hana last year. I just let my server know, and they were wonderful about it. They were very careful not to serve me any shrimp.

Thanks. Just called DD and they noted it on all my ADRs but she also told me to make sure I tel them at the podium.
Thanks, Marla, I'll keep an eye out for that! Had an issue earlier this week at a restaurant that cooked chicken with shrimp -- not good so I really want to avoid that at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter