Shell station by MCO- don't buy gas there

safetymom

dis veteran
This is another gas station to watch out for. It is at 5600 Butler National Drive near Orlando International Airport. It is a Shell gas station, a convenience story and an Arby's. They are selling gas for $4.59 per gallon.

The Suncoast Energy station is the other gas station to watch out for.

If you are asking about the price, because they can. The owner said he has a lot of expenses.

They would not be able to charge that high of price unless they were able to get it. Why would they be able to get so many people willing to pay such a high price?

I've read that suncoast actually doesn't have their prices posted on a large sign; so you are actually there AT the pump when you finally see their prices. Especially if you're in a rush, you might feel trapped and forced to by there. That's what I've read, things might have changed.

Thanks for the advice Kathy!! There are many people returning cars and they think they have to fill up at the station that is closest to MCO.....so wrong. And to not post the prices is almost criminal....you don't realize what you're paying until it's too late.

There are many people returning cars and they think they have to fill up at the station that is closest to MCO.....so wrong.
This is so true. I fill up close to WDW and the tank is still full when I get to the airport.

Last year I had to filll the rental corolla up with half a tank, it was over 30 bucks!

I saw a 7-11 the exit before getting to the hertz dropoff location and knew I should of stopped there instead. Next time I'll fill up before I get there :D

I've noticed many gas stations around airports up their charges. I am guessing they know people are trying to fill up the rental cars before returning them. I also noticed that gas stations around disney have much higher gas prices then the hess inside disney property.

There are many people returning cars and they think they have to fill up at the station that is closest to MCO.....so wrong

I normally fill up at the Epcot-area Hess on the way back. The gauge still reads full when I drop off---I'm usually renting a mid-size---though I do top up a bit more than I normally would when I fill up.

There is no reason to wait until the last minute to fill up.

What happened to the Shell / Circle K south of 417 on Boggy Creek Road? I'm searching for it in Google Maps and it doesn't show it.

It's on the corner of Boggy Creek and and 530, maybe 1/2 mile south of 417.

Searching the Shell website it give the location as 3280 BOGGY CREEK RD
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744-9528

Wondering if it still exists? Very convenient when heading to MCO from WDW.

There is also a Marathon that is just north of 528 at the International Drive exit. This is usually the station that we hit when returning the car when driving from the west. There is also a BP one or two exist before MCO when coming from the east on 528, don't know the name of that road though.

And to not post the prices is almost criminal....you don't realize what you're paying until it's too late.
I forget which company this is but there is a gas station on Lake Buena Vista/535 that you see when getting off Interstate 4 and they are always very expensive for gas, however on my most recent trips to WDW I noticed they no longer post their prices.

I forget which company this is but there is a gas station on Lake Buena Vista/535 that you see when getting off Interstate 4 and they are always very expensive for gas, however on my most recent trips to WDW I noticed they no longer post their prices.

It seems that all of the stations on 535 near I4 have very high prices. This is a big hub of activity, restaurants, and hotels, so I guess they figure they can get those prices. A few minutes south on 535 and then east on World Center Drive will get you to a reasonably priced Marathon.

Even taking Vineland Ave to I-Drive you will find a few other stations north on I-Drive that are better priced. Actually worth the drive out of the way compared to the prices on 535.

I have no problem with stations charging whatever they want per gallon, it is a free market by the way, but not posting prices is just deceptive.

It seems that all of the stations on 535 near I4 have very high prices. This is a big hub of activity, restaurants, and hotels, so I guess they figure they can get those prices. A few minutes south on 535 and then east on World Center Drive will get you to a reasonably priced Marathon.

Even taking Vineland Ave to I-Drive you will find a few other stations north on I-Drive that are better priced. Actually worth the drive out of the way compared to the prices on 535.

I have no problem with stations charging whatever they want per gallon, it is a free market by the way, but not posting prices is just deceptive.
We usually fill up at the Hess station on WDW property where the AAA Car Care Center is located, because their prices seem to always be fair. However if were offsite RaceTrac because their prices seem to be the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter