Sharks or Manatees?

DisneyAli

Mouseketeer
I always like to book something special to do, last year we did DC and had a hot air balloon trip for DH 50th birthday. Now for something for 2005.

Would you choose the shark dive experience at Seaworld, or would you choose to swim with the manatees?

If you have done any of these i would welcome your comments. All other comments most welcome as well.

I'm planning to take DD to swim with Manatees this Xmas. When I researched this activity on an earlier occassion I was informed that the "season" to try this is from November to March, I don't know if that time constraint will alter your plans.

We are there 26th Jan2005-16th Feb 2005 so if it is manatee season this may be worth considering. Do you have web address of the site you were looking at?

Whilst I haven't done either nad they both sound like great experiences I would vote for the Manatee's. They are such unusual animals. Also the chance of swimming with an animal in their natural habitat would be amazing.

What ever you choose I am sure your husband will enjoy it :D

Definitely go for the manatee swim! I've done it and it's fantastic!!

I went withFun 2 Dive and I can't recommend them enough. He only takes out 6 people and really knows his stuff.

It's an all day experience as well, compared to the couple of hours for the shark one.

If you want any info just ask!

Here's some photos from the day

manatee 1

manatees 2

manatees 3

manatee 4

Zoe

This is a link to the guy I did my research with before and I'll use him when I go this Xmas. I thought he was REALLY helpful when I spoke to him and even though it cost him money, he advised me not to book at the time I was planning to visit and to wait for a better time of year.
http://www.birdsunderwater.com/

Please tell me more. I can find quite a few posting about manatee swimming but no first hand experience of the Seaworld shark experience. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter