Shark Reef at Typhoon lagoon to close in September?

I considered this and the scuba option, but my husband doesn't dive, and the amount you pay to snorkel is more than I pay for a half-day of diving in Maui...it just didn't seem practical. We're doing Club Villain instead. :)

You reject ridiculous upsells (and they are...they couldn't help themselves to price them into oblivion)...

...in favor of ridiculous upsells?

...different strokes...I guess...

They should wait to close it till after the Blizzard Beach winter refurb is done. Bad enough we only get Typhoon Lagoon (and my family prefers Blizzard Beach) but now they are likely closing attactions at TL. Boo.

There is new construction at typhoon lagoon...so it's not all bad...

Comcast is building more for Disney fans with their aggressive new park...never thought I'd say it but it is the only reasonable conclusion.

Because of this guess who spent an hour watching povs of this attraction instead of sleeping at 2 am? :D. I'll believe it's closing when I hear it from a much better source. Besides this is like what the third time we've heard this?

You reject ridiculous upsells (and they are...they couldn't help themselves to price them into oblivion)...

...in favor of ridiculous upsells?

...different strokes...I guess...

If I rejected ridiculous upsells on principle I probably wouldn't go to Disney World at all. ;) Instead, I chose the (overpriced) activity that I can only do at Disney World (and only during a limited time of year, even), rather than ones I can do hundreds of other places. Makes sense to me. ^_^

If I rejected ridiculous upsells on principle I probably wouldn't go to Disney World at all. ;) Instead, I chose the (overpriced) activity that I can only do at Disney World (and only during a limited time of year, even), rather than ones I can do hundreds of other places. Makes sense to me. ^_^

It does make sense...I agree with you.

But...patronage of upsells is going to get us all in the end (that's one of my "things")

Not personal

I'm sad and at the same time I'm not. I have done Shark Reef many times. I don't know why. I live in Florida, I can just drive 2 blocks to the beach and slap my face in warmer water. However, the borrowed equipment at this attraction has always given my eyes and nose quite the burn, even after standing at the showers rinsing the stuff out. The water is a bit chilly and you're only allowed to float forward and not allowed to dive down to get a close look at anything. The novelty of it was kinda cool and it was like swimming in a large fish tank, but I found it very restrictive. Typhoon Lagoon is one of my fave places at Disney World and I've used the Shark Reef as a sales pitch to get newbs to come with me, but for me, I have found myself skipping this attraction the last few times I went. My son feels the same way and my husband would rather just drive down to the Keys.

Thank you for saying this! I thought it was just me! That was my friend's sales pitch too and afterwards, I was just like "I stood in line for that?" And I couldn't figure out what was causing the burning sensation, either, because I swim in salt water quite a bit.

But I DID enjoy the chilly water and that's not to say I'm sorry I went to TL. I just thought the crush gusher and the wave pool were much more unique.

At least I got to do this once before it closes....if the rumor is true.

I'm glad I got to do this. I went in winter so the water didn't even feel that cold. I wonder what will happen to all the inhabitants...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter